Fodens.

Looking at the pics of Edgars Foden I wonder how many cyclists checked their makeup in that nearside mirror, got smacked around the back of the head with it or how many got the fright of their lives when they spotted ‘another’ bike rider coming rapidly towards them? :laughing:

Pete.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpegA few that will please Larry and Pete .

I imagine the six legger is ex Tarmac Dan, fitted with the V6 ■■■■■■■■ Cauldon Lowe had some of those, not sure if there were any in this area though?

Pete.

windrush:
I imagine the six legger is ex Tarmac Dan, fitted with the V6 ■■■■■■■■ Cauldon Lowe had some of those, not sure if there were any in this area though?

Pete.

Hi Pete, Its looks like a ■■■■■■■ badge,■■,Regards Larry.

windrush:

Pete.

It’s a shame the bewick drivers were not up to mastering Foden driving :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :blush:

It is a ■■■■■■■ badge but doubtful for a V6, this model the lightweight Haulmaster introduced in 1979 had the ■■■■■■■ V8 504 engine at 207bhp and Fuller R609 box. With an unladen weight of 6100kg it gave a 17.5 tonne payload. Franky.

Frankydobo:
It is a ■■■■■■■ badge but doubtful for a V6, this model the lightweight Haulmaster introduced in 1979 had the ■■■■■■■ V8 504 engine at 207bhp and Fuller R609 box. With an unladen weight of 6100kg it gave a 17.5 tonne payload. Franky.

Yes you are quite correct Franky, it was the turbocharged V8. They were not very reliable it seems and most of them had Gardners. Payload running at 24 tonnes gross was as good as a Reiver, hard to better that nowadays running at 26 tonnes max!

Pete.

This photo with permission from Shaun Ballisat.
Oily
his quote "Foden S18 FG6/15 TLd778 Blue Circle Cement Marketing Company
Now overseas, this was seen at Gaydon 2005. I believe the bulk body can be demounted to leave the lorry to serve as a flatbed. It was found at Rush Green Motors and fantastically restored to the condition seen here by Gary Baker"

Foden Blue Circle Shaun Ballisat.sb jpg.jpg

Punchy Dan:

windrush:

Pete.

It’s a shame the bewick drivers were not up to mastering Foden driving :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :blush:

…he’s not taking the bate is he Dan■■?

David

5thwheel:

Punchy Dan:

windrush:

Pete.

:stuck_out_tongue:

David

Punchy Dan:

5thwheel:

Punchy Dan:

windrush:

Pete.

And the Boss wasn’t stupid enough to buy Fodens in the first place so the problem of Bewick drivers having to master the abortion of the Foden gearbox never arose ! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.

:stuck_out_tongue:

David

Dennis I be a Foden Driver, & Im a whiskey drinker too,My old Fodens well three of them did very well for me, I must admit the 12 speed Foden box could appear to be a bit complicated to some drivers, But having said this you could drive them if you were a good Foden driver like myself :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: It was up to the tuition that the drivers got So if they didnt take it in they couldnt manage the good old gearbox for every hill 12 speed box, Of course this is just my opnion being a Foden man , :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Regards Larry.

Couple more.
Oily

oiltreader:
Couple more.
Oily

Great photos Oily, Thanks for posting them, That S 20 looks the Biz Ive never seen one like that before, Keep them rolling, Regards Larry.

These thanks to Richard Says, all snapped recently.
Oily

Foden Richard 28689091801_7195edeaf9_r.s k.jpg

oiltreader:
These thanks to Richard Says, all snapped recently.
Oily

Hey Oily great pics ,see Orme in and around S Wales quite often ,regards Keith .

Lawrence Dunbar:
Its not my photo, But I have posted it on the Foden thread because I bought the very same from Sellers & Kent, It was a great motor to drive with a 150 Gardner Engine & the good old Foden 12 speed box, It did us very good, I sold it to Brian Patterson & Sons Aberagie Perth, they ran it on long hauls the same as I did It was a trouble free , Regards Larry.

Hi Larry ,I’ve seen today CRF926E in sellers n Kent colours still with no body on .

Punchy Dan:

Lawrence Dunbar:
Its not my photo, But I have posted it on the Foden thread because I bought the very same from Sellers & Kent, It was a great motor to drive with a 150 Gardner Engine & the good old Foden 12 speed box, It did us very good, I sold it to Brian Patterson & Sons Aberagie Perth, they ran it on long hauls the same as I did It was a trouble free , Regards Larry.

Hi Larry ,I’ve seen today CRF926E in sellers n Kent colours still with no body on .

Thanks Dan, Its a Staffs reg, Can you get a photo if you come accross it again, Regards Larry.

Cedar Vintage & Grampian 051.JPG
Cedar Vintage & Grampian 027.JPG

Lawrence Dunbar:
Dennis I be a Foden Driver, & Im a whiskey drinker too,My old Fodens well three of them did very well for me, I must admit the 12 speed Foden box could appear to be a bit complicated to some drivers, But having said this you could drive them if you were a good Foden driver like myself :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: It was up to the tuition that the drivers got So if they didnt take it in they couldnt manage the good old gearbox for every hill 12 speed box, Of course this is just my opnion being a Foden man , :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Regards Larry.

That’ll be me then, 2 weeks with one and I don’t think I ever got a clean gear. :cry: