Final written warning

So… what happened?

adam277:
So… what happened?

pulls over a chair

I’d say it is more rather than less likely to get the bullet if you are disciplined for a different matter entirely to the “first” issue, for which you got a final written warning…

Eg.

Say you get issued with a “first” FWW for ‘bunking off three hours early’…
Then a couple of weeks later, you punch gaffer’s lights out over a dispute about Brexit/Religion/Maths

Chances are - you’re not just going to get the bullet - you’re gonna get machine gunned out of the door! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

“Final Written BULLET”?

ETS:

adam277:
So… what happened?

pulls over a chair

Are we sitting comfortably, then he’ll begin

If they have gone through the process of final written warning, which I assume you have signed, they are doing things correctly so you won’t get any joy from unions.

I am thinking they just want rid of you or are trying to give you a wake up call.

I preferred the pre HR days when you could have a scrap between drivers and managers to be honest, but unfortunately you can’t anymore as there are too many snowflakes in the business.

sammym:
Eddie - you still working at Deleted? If so getting out of that dump will be no bad thing for you.

It’s a slum company which treat drivers like dirt.

You are worth more than this. I think you should tell them to stick their job. I can’t PM you right now - but if you are stuck I have a few numbers which could get you well-paid work tomorrow if you want it.

Wow, that’s really helped things along hasn’t it? what a dumb thing to post when the OP has carefully NOT mentioned who he is working for.

I think that our man should hand in his notice. The working relationship has broken down here. There are other job opportunities out there especially in the run up to Christmas.

Oh man, I know where you work and I don’t understand why you would try to stay there in the first place.

Unless you really can’t afford to leave now, just go. There are plenty in your area.

But then, I don’t understand why people are looking for a full time contracted driving job anyway. Most are crap. Say what you say but I rather have the bad sides of agencies than companies with their “free parking” " free uniform" dictating when you go on holiday and owning your soul.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Bino10:
But then, I don’t understand why people are looking for a full time contracted driving job anyway. Most are crap. Say what you say but I rather have the bad sides of agencies than companies with their “free parking” " free uniform" dictating when you go on holiday and owning your soul.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

For me it’s so I can pay off my debt I like having a secure job for that. Once I’ve paid that off I will go on agency and work when and how I feel like.

Winseer:
I’d say it is more rather than less likely to get the bullet if you are disciplined for a different matter entirely to the “first” issue, for which you got a final written warning…

Eg.

Say you get issued with a “first” FWW for ‘bunking off three hours early’…
Then a couple of weeks later, you punch gaffer’s lights out over a dispute about Brexit/Religion/Maths

Chances are - you’re not just going to get the bullet - you’re gonna get machine gunned out of the door! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

“Final Written BULLET”?

When I was on the buses you could have separate final warnings in each category and they wouldn’t stack unless they were related - I gather this is common in bus companies for some reason

My garage had a great incident where someone got 2 final warnings in the same incident - smoking on the bus, and kidnapping :laughing:

With that system, you could get a “final written warning” for nicking money out of the till, “punch gaffer’s lights out” for a seperate, but non-stackable “final written warning”, then go around and score a hat trick by burning gaffer’s house down - so you’ve got THREE concurrent final written warnings - but have yet to lose your job! :stuck_out_tongue: :open_mouth:

“Theft”, “Assault”, and “Arson” - are not related - are they? :confused:

Winseer:
With that system, you could get a “final written warning” for nicking money out of the till, “punch gaffer’s lights out” for a seperate, but non-stackable “final written warning”, then go around and score a hat trick by burning gaffer’s house down - so you’ve got THREE concurrent final written warnings - but have yet to lose your job! :stuck_out_tongue: :open_mouth:

I’d suggest arson is more in scope of a legal thing instead of a company disciplinary procedure :laughing:

Unless the final warning is written in stone you should be able to plead your case to the boss. I had two written warnings at the company i retired from and a third withing twelve months meant out the door so i was careful but as i was ‘struggling’ with their policies i got the last one but after pleading my case to the top manager it was not given to me, so i think there’s always hope.

The company i worked for before sent me five warning letters in one week all logbook offences so i called them to ask did they want me to drive the truck or not and was told don’t take this personally it’s just our job in the log department, keep on trucking. So again all may not be lost. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Eddie is such a tease. What happened? :stuck_out_tongue:

Ps. Brakes ■■■■ anyway you can only go up and if you do lose your job it’s the best time of year to do it Xmas rush is almost here.

Winseer:

Depends, did you beat up the boss nick his keys and set fire to his car all at the same time ■■