Written Warning

Well after 5 yrs of truck driving i,ve been given my first written warning.

At the end of my shift i went home,
only to realise i left my digi tacho in the wagon.

Since its not a 24hr yard,
I arrived in work a hour early to put it on its 45min break to reset the tacho,
and did a manual entry on a printout to show my daily rest.

Just wondering what else i could do,
surly i,m not the first to forget to take out their tacho :unamused:

Nearly lost my cool and told the manager where to shove his warning,
but for now i,m still employed.

Anyway , just saying hello as i,m a newbie to this site,
and joined to get advice from you ancient (experienced) drivers :smiling_imp:

Donā€™t worry about it, I got a written warning for driving on some GRASS (not even the illegal stuff)-search for Catch 22 threadā€¦
How longā€™s the warning, and did the person who wanted you to get it also chair the hearing? If so, that happened to me and apparently it can be overruled (Judge,Jury and Executioner etc)

I think the firm is in trouble for running bent in the past,
so are now trying to be squeaky clean.

6 month warning and a tacho training course,
so at least i get a certificate from it lolā€¦ :laughing:

Thatā€™s a bit strong for a first offence, I thought the first line of discipline was a verbal warning, I reckon Iā€™d be on the look out for something else, well thatā€™s not true, I wouldā€™ve told him to poke it there and then, Iā€™m not very tolerant in those situations :smiling_imp:

Oh and BTW, welcome to TNUK tattoovinnie :wink:

Iā€™m assuming you donā€™t make a habit of leaving your card in when you leave the truck at the base?
and Also you havenā€™t got some verbal warnings on your record?

If the answer is No
Personally it seems an over reaction anyway if the card is on break then it just shows youā€™ve had a full break and if not and a one off event then a print out with an explanation on the it should be enough. I think this is far to harsh. If they are any more repercussions over this then Iā€™d challenge them over it.

Also have they previously informed drivers that leaving the card will lead to a written warning?

7 hours towards your DCPC paid for by the silly brigade :laughing:

Itā€™s not an offence though is it? all you do is a manual entry to change the other work to rest from the night before and off you go, no harm, no foul. A printout with an explanation is a nice touch as well. Human error is all it is and until they get robots to drive the wagons these things will happen. Theyā€™re being a bit silly giving you a written warning for it but I suppose if theyā€™re running scared then you canā€™t blame them too much.

ridiculous over-reaction to a non-event. most of us have probably left our cards in wagons on more than one occasion. we all forget things every now and again, big deal :unamused:

Yep,i also got some Written warnings :slight_smile:
Once when i broke my Hand in Wisbech. i didnā€™t have the Tacho in Mind in my Pain and it run over the 6 hour :wink:
few Time i run over 6 Hour by 1 to 5 Minute,as i do mostly london where you cant find a Place to stop most of the Time

Yes its time for me to find pastures new,
got my free 7hrs cpcā€¦(and paid for the day)

Would love to leave before christmas to leave them in the ā– ā– ā– ā€¦
but i think it may take a bit longerā€¦

I was told to ignore the warning because
ā€œwe have to be shown to be doing somethingā€ qoute of the transport managerā€¦
my reply
"i wish i was as bored as you,having to time to dream up new warnings :unamused:

It was my second time in 11 months lolā€¦

Ive done it 5 or 6 times but ive always been lucky its had a night guy to take it out. Easy done, i donā€™t see how it merits a written warning maybe verbal but even that is a stretch.

it should be a slap on the wrist and no more. though i think even a verbal warning has to have a written record as well so the company can cover themselves. so are you sure in your anger youā€™ve got your facts right?

The thing is with any of these lorries that are used overnight if a card is left in the VU. The next driver shouldnā€™t drive it with the wrong card and it only holds one card in slot one.

How difficult is it to hand it into security or the traffic office in an envelope, any decent bloke would book the card off for the driver concerned without causing him crap with a tinpot TM

Welcome to Trucknet-UK tattoovinnie :smiley:

Would it be correct to say that the tachograph was left on ā€œother workā€, either way It would be interesting to have some idea of what this written warning said :confused:

When you say you received a written warning are you talking about a written warning as you would expect to get as part of the companies disciplinary procedure or are you talking about an infringement that you were asked to sign ?

I have to ask because it seems ridiculous to be given a written warning for such an offence but an infringement would be normal procedure I would have thought.

tattoovinnie:
ā€œwe have to be shown to be doing somethingā€ qoute of the transport managerā€¦

The transport manager was correct which is why Iā€™m wondering if what you received was an infringement rather than a disciplinary written warning :wink:

tachograph:
Welcome to Trucknet-UK tattoovinnie :smiley:

Would it be correct to say that the tachograph was left on ā€œother workā€, either way It would be interesting to have some idea of what this written warning said :confused:

When you say you received a written warning are you talking about a written warning as you would expect to get as part of the companies disciplinary procedure or are you talking about an infringement that you were asked to sign ?

I have to ask because it seems ridiculous to be given a written warning for such an offence but an infringement would be normal procedure I would have thought.

tattoovinnie:

The transport manager was correct which is why Iā€™m wondering if what you received was an infringement rather than a disciplinary written warning :wink:

looks like a verble warning