Feeling old today

got to agree with the help we received from the turks…it amazed me just what they had tucked away somewhere, and the knowledge to get you going again. Snow chain repairs were another thing too, i had help too from czechs, and hungarians and bulgarians, for we really were one big family trying to earn a living, and take in the experience…even if we only stopped for a brew, one would pull along side and give a thumbs up or down, and if the cab was tilted, they would almost push you out of the way to do the job for you…great days eh !! mind you, we all did the same…sorry for thoise who had managed to pull a young bird, and were…
ahem ! having a snooze…ha ha .
Bking it was Aiden the mechanic across the road from the mo-camp… many reunions are being held every year, never been to one, but hey ho, if the place is right, might just make one before its too late eh…71 now, still turning a wheel…so lets get it together, maybe a southern one as the northern ones are a bit too far for me.unless someones offering some beds…ha ha

Would be nice my friend.Istanbul on a cheap flight,maybe 200 quid.But would be so good to go back and “smell the coffee”
You fancy going? Im up for it.Unfortunately my motor cycling friends tell me its too far on a 3 week trip !!! WTF!
If your up for it how about the new year in Londra.Let me know asap so we can book it.Take care.

dieseldog999:

mushroomman:

raymundo:
Obviously you need a new mirror then as that one aint working … :slight_smile:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Classic. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

They say that you are old when you look in the mirror and you see your father.
This morning I am sure that I saw my grandad. :frowning:

anytime i look in the mirror theres a 23 year old dude looking back at me saying…fer christsake.what the hell happend to you…!!! or is it only me that sees him??

The years will catch you boy aint no escape!
And one day you will look back and say as in the song:
No one told me when to run,I missed the starting gun.
And the pain is excrutiating my friend.Takes your breath away.
Enjoy!

Bking:
Would be nice my friend.Istanbul on a cheap flight,maybe 200 quid.But would be so good to go back and “smell the coffee”
You fancy going? Im up for it.Unfortunately my motor cycling friends tell me its too far on a 3 week trip !!! WTF!
If your up for it how about the new year in Londra.Let me know asap so we can book it.Take care.

I think you’ve pulled Truckyboy… :smiley:

switchlogic:

Bking:

I think I would rather put myself into the center of Afghanistan and ride a push bike out.

switchlogic:

Bking:

There’s definitely a joke in there somewhere about being on the grindr in the workshop, but I can’t quite work it out. :laughing:

Luke vernon
Hey luke, thats the first offer i`m gonna turn down,ha ha
I know Turkey is bloody cold in winter/new year, but i will be in my other home in Bulgaria for xmas or new year not sure yet, but i would prefer a reunion in summer…maybe we can get something sorted for 2018, lets see who is interested.

robroy:

switchlogic:

Bking:

There’s definitely a joke in there somewhere about being on the grindr in the workshop, but I can’t quite work it out. :laughing:

You even spelt Grindr correctly…is there something you want to tell us? :wink:

switchlogic:

That did make me properly laugh out loud. How about it Robroy? Hoist by your own petard :smiley: :smiley: . I know how to spell it but would’ve deliberately spelled it incorrectly to avoid this mate :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:

switchlogic:

That did make me properly laugh out loud. How about it Robroy? Hoist by your own petard :smiley: :smiley: . I know how to spell it but would’ve deliberately spelled it incorrectly to avoid this mate :smiley: :smiley:

■■■■! :smiling_imp: never though to spell it wrong on purpose. :smiley:

It was Luke himself once on a post on here who mentioned it , me being me I was curious to see what it was,…and I looked. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley:

I kinda panicked a bit after, as I didn’t quite know how to remove history off my phone. :laughing:
Had to ask the Mrs …AND had to tell her what I wanted to remove. :blush: :laughing:
Just as well she knows me well enough after all these years… :smiley:

Each to his own and all that, but not for me.

Yeh …ok, I know nobody is going to believe me. :unamused: just what I’d expect. :laughing:

So false alarm it aint a case of this. :laughing: youtu.be/VzpP0KbjHU8

robroy:

the maoster:

switchlogic:

[zb]! :smiling_imp: never though to spell it wrong on purpose. :smiley:

It was Luke himself once on a post on here who mentioned it , me being me I was curious to see what it was,…and I looked. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley:

I kinda panicked a bit after, as I didn’t quite know how to remove history off my phone. :laughing:
Had to ask the Mrs …AND had to tell her what I wanted to remove. :blush: :laughing:
Just as well she knows me well enough after all these years… :smiley:

Each to his own and all that, but not for me.

Yeh …ok, I know nobody is going to believe me. :unamused: just what I’d expect. :laughing:

So false alarm it aint a case of this. :laughing: youtu.be/VzpP0KbjHU8

You haven’t lived until you’ve engaged in ■■■■■■ with a random stranger in a strange random layby. I wholeheartedly recommend it :wink:

Poor old Bking, we’ve taken his thread to a weird place. To be fair he’ll probably pop up any second to tell us homosexuality doesn’t exist and its all a huge plot by the CIA.

switchlogic:
You haven’t lived until you’ve engaged in ■■■■■■ with a random stranger in a strange random layby. I wholeheartedly recommend it :wink:

Errrr,… yeh right, ok then Luke. :neutral_face:
I’ll just have to take your word for that mate, but it’s a ‘Thanks but no thanks’ from me. :neutral_face:

I think this sort of sums up Bking with his advances towards Truckyboy, It is serious and not meant to be funny, please restrain from smiling.
youtube.com/watch?v=knDTCYe-Y5E

This was his reaction to one or two of the posts on here when he saw them youtu.be/2VySW-WtLWY

:laughing:

robroy:

switchlogic:

I’ll just have to take your word for that mate, but it’s a ‘Thanks but no thanks’ from me. :neutral_face:

+1 more Rob.

And since Switch knows us from here we cannot be random strangers so thankfully we are disqualified should I have the misfortune to be stuck in a layby some night.

Had you said a random ‘opposite ■■■’ stranger I might sleep a bit better but the unusual handle …Switch…Logic…hmmm…one more last check of the door lock…again…

robroy:

switchlogic:

What has happened to the comradely attitudes, my god drivers are such wusses nowadays. Locking doors in fear of random strangers knocking on your cab door in the night. Used to be a perk and now appears to be feared. I blame auto boxes and the schools.

UKtramp:

robroy:

switchlogic:

What has happened to the comradely attitudes, my god drivers are such wusses nowadays. Locking doors in fear of random strangers knocking on your cab door in the night. Used to be a perk and now appears to be feared. I blame auto boxes and the schools.

No my man used to be a mans job now any wuss can get a licence and pull a pair of curtains.
Thats why more and more women feel “qualified” to do the job.

switchlogic:

Bking:

Seems to be we have a nice gay community building on this site.
But there you go a bloke in a yellow hi viz must float some bodies boat.
Not mine thank F

UKtramp:

robroy:

switchlogic:

Nice one my friend used to love a little tap at the door and the question"you looking for business"
Had to respect these ladies.FFS that takes some guts.
God bless em all if you have any humanity in your soul.
Used to give them a couple of quid and thank god it was not my child.
We all need a little compassion for our fellow human beings at some point dont we?