Euro election results

Rowley010:
And what were you promised? Something on the side of a bus? Something that a bloke called Nigel told you who is the biggest idiot out of everyone and didn’t even have a seat in parliament? And people were stupid enough to believe him and then moan when it’s not delivered? Pah

No ‘they’ were promised that the government would deliver the ‘result’ of the referendum.You know the same referendum which the majority of parliament agreed to in the referendum act.Obviously based on the principle of binding if remain won but not binding if Leave won.Just like your similar idea of democracy in which you want 60 + % vote for Leave but a 47% remain vote for remain will do fine.Which leaves the question why the massive discrepancy between the turnout figures of the EU referendum and the EU elections bearing in mind every Leave voter then could be in no doubt of the implications and importance of this vote.

Also notice I’ve put ‘they’.Bearing in mind that no one has the legal right to vote a sovereign internationally recognised de Facto Nation State out of existence and into equally illegal undeclared de Jure EU Federal State vassalage anyway.Like numerous other examples throughout history,this will most likely end up in some sort of conflict between EU Federalists v Brit Nationalists sooner or later probably later.The really sad thing is that those future generations,of secessionist freedom fighters,will probably blame everyone of this generation and Heath’s for not stopping you lot at the time and for selling them out to your stinking 4th Reich. :imp:

Rowley010:
And what were you promised?

That’s easy.
We were promised that the result of the referendum would stand :bulb: .
The rot started when the last thing they (the Tories) expected when promising this, was the actual result that came about. :open_mouth:

That result was a majority (the size of which is/was irrelavent…it was still.a ‘majority’ :bulb: ) in favour of leaving the EU…end of!
No caviats or terms or conditions, simply ‘‘Leave the EU’’ !

So they went through the motions and the absolute charade of ‘‘Trying for a deal’’ yeh right, brilliant,… A bunch of staunch remainers making a deal to leave, …what could possiblly go wrong eh?
It’s a bit like like me going through the motions of trying to get a deal for a cut in my wages, …I’m really going to go all out with enthusiasm with that one am I ffs. :unamused:

So 2 to 3 yrs down the line we are left with a complete cluster ■■■■ of a situation, looking a complete shambles and embarrasment as a country.
Hope that answers your (loaded) question.

Rowley010:
And what were you promised? Something on the side of a bus? Something that a bloke called Nigel told you who is the biggest idiot out of everyone and didn’t even have a seat in parliament? And people were stupid enough to believe him and then moan when it’s not delivered? Pah

Nobody promised me anything on the side of a bus, Nigel never promised me anything either so I didn’t have to believe anything he said as it was of no interest to me.
I took part in a vote on leaving the EU, I made my decision and voted out.
All parties agreed to honour the result but so far have failed to do so, that’s the promise that has been broken, quite simple really.

Of course it’s no suprise that it’s taken less than two pages for the angry bitter remainer in you to shine through.
Never takes long to spot a remainer. Full of bile and ignorance, hate filled because others didn’t agree with him and he lost a vote, nothing of any substance to offer so resorts to insults. Pathetic.

Keep crying sunshine, your remainer tears are sweet, they offer a nice balance to your bitterness… :grimacing:

robroy:

Rowley010:

That’s easy.
The rot started when the last thing they (the Tories) expected when promising this, was the actual result that came about. :open_mouth:

That result was a majority (the size of which is/was irrelavent…it was still.a ‘majority’ :bulb: ) in favour of leaving the EU…end of!

So they went through the motions and the absolute charade of ‘‘Trying for a deal’’ yeh right, brilliant,… A bunch of staunch remainers making a deal to leave, …what could possiblly go wrong eh?
It’s a bit like like me going through the motions of trying to get a deal for a cut in my wages, …I’m really going to go all out with enthusiasm with that one am I ffs. :unamused:

So 2 to 3 yrs down the line we are left with a complete cluster [zb] of a situation, looking a complete shambles and embarrasment as a country.

There’s the problem. You can’t just leave the EU like flicking a switch. It’s not possible. Well it’s probably possible but you’d screw the country over even more than it is. You’d probably need a visa to visit Spain on your holiday without arrangements in place. People thought you could but you can’t. So to say we voted leave let’s just leave, you can’t. And just because 52% voted for it 48% which is still a very large number didn’t and the government still need to try an compromise somehow, and that’s why we are in a mess. It should have had a 60/40 majority clause for anything to stand for such a monumental decision. Not a 4% margin. Without that in place is was going to be a mess from the start and oh look it is.

Norfolkinclue1:

Rowley010:

Nobody promised me anything on the side of a bus, Nigel never promised me anything either so I didn’t have to believe anything he said as it was of no interest to me.
All parties agreed to honour the result but so far have failed to do so, that’s the promise that has been broken, quite simple really.

Of course it’s no suprise that it’s taken less than two pages for the angry bitter remainer in you to shine through.
Never takes long to spot a remainer. Full of bile and ignorance, hate filled because others didn’t agree with him and he lost a vote, nothing of any substance to offer so resorts to insults. Pathetic.

Keep crying sunshine, your remainer tears are sweet, they offer a nice balance to your bitterness… :grimacing:

So what exactly is leaving to you? How does it look?

The only thing anyone ever says is we can control our borders etc etc but no one can ever explain the ins and outs of what that looks like and how it could be achieved.

Carryfast:

Rowley010:
The fact is leave wouldn’t win anything if the rule was there had to be a 60/40 majority which for such a major issue it should be. If that had been the rule in the first place we wouldn’t be in this mess.

No thanks I’d rather go to war on the basis that no one has the right to vote the country out of existence.Than submit to your obvious one sided Federalist idea of ‘democracy’ and make no mistake that’s where this argument will end up sooner or later just like most of the other wars of Federal aggression v Secession throughout history.Most likely when the brainwashed muppets suddenly realise that they are to be conscripted and ordered to march into Russia under German orders and fighting their way out of the EU will cost less lives than fighting their way into Russia.

What a load of BS

Rowley010:
There’s the problem. You can’t just leave the EU like flicking a switch. It’s not possible. Well it’s probably possible but you’d screw the country over even more than it is. You’d probably need a visa to visit Spain on your holiday without arrangements in place. People thought you could but you can’t. So to say we voted leave let’s just leave, you can’t. And just because 52% voted for it 48% which is still a very large number didn’t and the government still need to try an compromise somehow, and that’s why we are in a mess. It should have had a 60/40 majority clause for anything to stand for such a monumental decision. Not a 4% margin. Without that in place is was going to be a mess from the start and oh look it is.

There is no compromise to be had with traitorous scum who think it’s ok to give the country away to a foreign power regardless of how many of them there are let alone a minority.Hope that Helps.

Rowley010:
The only thing anyone ever says is we can control our borders etc etc but no one can ever explain the ins and outs of what that looks like and how it could be achieved.

It looks just like it looked in 1972 and before.Remind us how old you were then.Let me guess you’ve never seen it because you ain’t old enough to know anything different.

Or you are old enough to have seen it and you’re just a typical lying Federalist.

Rowley010:

Carryfast:

Rowley010:
The fact is leave wouldn’t win anything if the rule was there had to be a 60/40 majority which for such a major issue it should be. If that had been the rule in the first place we wouldn’t be in this mess.

No thanks I’d rather go to war on the basis that no one has the right to vote the country out of existence.Than submit to your obvious one sided Federalist idea of ‘democracy’ and make no mistake that’s where this argument will end up sooner or later just like most of the other wars of Federal aggression v Secession throughout history.Most likely when the brainwashed muppets suddenly realise that they are to be conscripted and ordered to march into Russia under German orders and fighting their way out of the EU will cost less lives than fighting their way into Russia.

What a load of BS

Good luck with thinking this can be settled democratically let alone by your Federalist one sided version of ‘democracy’.

Rowley010:
There’s the problem. You can’t just leave the EU like flicking a switch. It’s not possible."…

It should have had a 60/40 majority clause for anything to stand for such a monumental decision. Not a 4% margin. Without that in place is was going to be a mess from the start and oh look it is.

First part of your post might give you an insight as to why some want to leave…

Second part about the 60/40 majority marks you out as an utter liar. If remain had won with the same 4% then it wouldn’t have been an issue, you know that, hand on heart you know it and to suggest otherwise I call you out as a liar, a bull ■■■■■■■■■■■ a majority is majority and any fool knows that, if you have issues with the parameters of the vote then go and cry to your fellow EU ■■■■■ Cameron and his lying associates.
That 60/40 point alone gives me reason not to respond to your questioning of my previous post, until you truly understand the many reasons people voted to leave over and above your reasons to stay then you are wasting your time.
You truly have swallowed the EU length. You should be ashamed of your post regarding “majority”…lying hypocritical coward and nothing more… :unamused:

Norfolkinclue1:

Rowley010:
There’s the problem. You can’t just leave the EU like flicking a switch. It’s not possible."…

It should have had a 60/40 majority clause for anything to stand for such a monumental decision. Not a 4% margin. Without that in place is was going to be a mess from the start and oh look it is.

First part of your post might give you an insight as to why some want to leave…

Second part about the 60/40 majority marks you out as an utter liar. If remain had won with the same 4% then it wouldn’t have been an issue, you know that, hand on heart you know it and to suggest otherwise I call you out as a liar, a bull [zb], a majority is majority and any fool knows that, if you have issues with the parameters of the vote then go and cry to your fellow EU ■■■■■ Cameron and his lying associates.
That 60/40 point alone gives me reason not to respond to your questioning of my previous post, until you truly understand the many reasons people voted to leave over and above your reasons to stay then you are wasting your time.
You truly have swallowed the EU length. You should be ashamed of your post regarding “majority”…lying hypocritical coward and nothing more… :unamused:

Yeah yeah go on call me names on a forum. Who’s the coward there?

You think If remain had won by 4% Nigel Farage would have stayed quiet and leavers would have accepted that? No they wouldn’t it would just be the same. Which is why the parameters for such a big decision shouldn’t be as tight. A lot of leavers tell me that more people want to leave now so hey call another referendum with 60/40 rules and you’ll win won’t you?

Norfolkinclue1:

Rowley010:

Nothing of any substance? No leaver in over 2 years has given me any good reasons with evidence or “substance” to leave. So please feel free to be the first here…

And no I ain’t angry or bitter actually because let’s face it we aren’t leaving are we. So who will have the last laugh :grimacing:

For decades the politicians from both main parties have led us ever deeper into the EU through treaties. There was no British referendum allowed for the Maastricht Treaty 1992, the Amsterdam Treaty 1997, the Nice Treaty 2001, or the Lisbon Treaty 2007. From Blair onwards, every Prime Minister has promised a referendum and the promises were never kept. Finally in 2016 the British were allowed a referendum. Nothing fancy, no complicated questions; in or out:

‘There will not be another renegotiation, or another referendum. If we vote to leave then we leave.’ – David Cameron

Cameron resigned, there was an election and the Conservatives ran their campaign on a final Brexit. In May’s words:

‘Brexit means Brexit … No attempts to remain inside the EU, no attempts to rejoin it through the back door and no second referendum.’ - Theresa May.

She has now spent nearly three years backtracking on her promises and trying to organize deals which would involve another referendum. This is a well tried ploy of the EU who did exactly the same with the French and Dutch in 2005 and Ireland in 2008/9 in referendums concerning the European Constitution, which after ‘No’ votes they renamed the ‘Lisbon Treaty.’ The French and Dutch referendums for the European Constitution were ignored as it no longer existed and the Irish had to keep on voting. After the initial ‘No’ referendums all other country referendums were cancelled.

On the Lisbon Treaty:

“They must go on voting until they get it right” - Jose Barroso, President of the European Commission."

“Public opinion will be led to adopt, without knowing it, the proposals we dare not present to them directly. All the earlier proposals will be in the new text, but will be hidden and disguised” - Valery Giscard D’Estang, member of Constitutional Council of France, on the Lisbon treaty.

That is what PM May underhandedly tried to achieve with her extensions and deals.

This is no longer just about Brexit or Farage, it’s about democracy and the obvious insistence of the political elite to over-ride the wishes of the electorate. The UK has a parliamentary democracy in which the electorate are presented with manifestos detailing aims and give their consent to rule to the winning party. What point is there in voting if the politicians ignore majority wishes? That’s a dictatorship in which democracy has lost all meaning.

To the reamainers the majority vote is you lost, both in the 2016 referendum and again in the recent MEP elections which sent a clear message to both UK politicians and the EU.

Rowley010:

The promise from the government that I posted a little higher up this page. I’ll save you the effort of scrolling and paste it again.

Government responded
This response was given on 26 March 2019
This Government will not revoke Article 50. We will honour the result of the 2016 referendum and work with Parliament to deliver a deal that ensures we leave the European Union.
Read the response in full
It remains the Government’s firm policy not to revoke Article 50. We will honour the outcome of the 2016 referendum and work to deliver an exit which benefits everyone, whether they voted to Leave or to Remain.
Revoking Article 50, and thereby remaining in the European Union, would undermine both our democracy and the trust that millions of voters have placed in Government.
The Government acknowledges the considerable number of people who have signed this petition. However, close to three quarters of the electorate took part in the 2016 referendum, trusting that the result would be respected. This Government wrote to every household prior to the referendum, promising that the outcome of the referendum would be implemented. 17.4 million people then voted to leave the European Union, providing the biggest democratic mandate for any course of action ever directed at UK Government.
British people cast their votes once again in the 2017 General Election where over 80% of those who voted, voted for parties, including the Opposition, who committed in their manifestos to upholding the result of the referendum.
This Government stands by this commitment.
Revoking Article 50 would break the promises made by Government to the British people, disrespect the clear instruction from a democratic vote, and in turn, reduce confidence in our democracy. As the Prime Minister has said, failing to deliver Brexit would cause “potentially irreparable damage to public trust”, and it is imperative that people can trust their Government to respect their votes and deliver the best outcome for them.
Department for Exiting the European Union.

I’ve taken the liberty of highlighting the important parts.

Darkside:

robbo99.:
Referendum 2016 result totally disregarded by the establishment.

Establishment wants a second referendum, with remain and different versions of leave on the ballot paper. Their only agenda is to split the leave vote for remain to succeed.

Massive majority for The Brexit Party in the 2019 Euro elections yet already the establishment is ■■■ pooing the result by saying the remain parties added together secured a majority over the leave parties added together.

The establishment is BENT.

30 odd percent of the votes from 30 odd percent of the electorate is not a massive majority though. It is the same as UKIP used to get, so no rise at all despite the state of the big parties…

Please remember more signatures were on the Revoke Article 50 petition than voted for the Brexit Party. This vote had a very low turn out.

Which surely means many of those that signed the petition didn’t bother voting or couldn’t vote or maybe the controls in place for petitions aren’t as robust as those in place for elections?

And this low turnout in elections not just in the UK but in many countries is really part of the problems we are facing, those in corridors of power in the EU were hailing a 51% turnout as a success, as it was better than 2014, when turnouts in some countries down to around 25%, but that still means that millions of EU voters can be asked to vote for their MEP,

why are so many people willing to sign a petition, but not actually take part in the official democratic process, why do so many feel so apathetic that they can’t be bothered to vote?
I’m sure in private many in mainstream politicians find this quite useful, they can continue with policies that adversely affect us knowing that when people have the chance to call them to account they feel so detached from the seat of power, they feel voting is a waste of time, but this threatens democracy, as those disenfranchised people will and are looking elsewhere for change and you only have look at history to see what can happen then.

Norfolkinclue1:

Rowley010:

What’s the point in even trying to have an intelligent debate when someone just comes out with that?

No wonder lorry drivers have a reputation for being brain dead when a simple debate ends up with name calling.

Rowley010:

robroy:

Rowley010:

That’s easy.

So 2 to 3 yrs down the line we are left with a complete cluster [zb] of a situation, looking a complete shambles and embarrasment as a country.

Look mate, you lost, it did not go your way…deal with it. :unamused:
That was part of my point, the decision was to leave, the terms were abide by that decision, they did not, instead they stalled it after playing for for time, because they did not want to leave.
So it was a case of to to hell with the democratic vote, so they pandered to the bad losers (like yourself) in an half arsed negotiation with no real desire to achieve anything, plus the EU side negotiators were fully aware of this…hence the result to date.

Where as if we had a group of pro Brexit negotiators with a genuine and enthusiastic desire to reach a workable agreement things would have been sorted by now, then we would be once again an independent nation free from this corrupt self satisfying gravy train organisation.

And oh yeh, please don’t give me all that dog ■■■■ about leavers changing their minds or…‘‘coming to their senses’’ that is up there with the other remoaner crap about Brexit voters not knowing or understanding what they were doing…insulting and patronising complete ■■■■■■■■.!

Rowley010:

Juddian:

Rowley010:
In my region 600,000 people voted for brexit party and UKIP combined, 540,000 for brexit party out of that.

But then 900,000 voted for Lib Dem, labour, cons, and green.

Yes brexit party had the most votes for a single party but then 900,000 voted for party’s who are remainers.

I don’t think there is anything decisive about that result at all. There wasn’t a single remain party like there was a single leave party so therefore it’s a pointless result and pointless argument from both sides and the only way to settle it once and for all is a second referendum with a clause in that says it has to be a 60/40 split for anything to change. Leave know they wouldn’t win with that much majority though.

So Labour and Tory are now officially Remain parties? All lies then when they stood on manifestos in 2017 honouring the result of the referendum?
I hope the rest of the country realises that now too, Farage won’t need a coalition in 2022, the Brexit Party is likely to form the next govt entirely from its own MP’s, and the Cons and Labs only have themselves to blame.

No they aren’t but there wasn’t a single remain party like there was a single leave party which didn’t give remainers a definitive party to vote for so the result for such a major issue is pointless. The leaders of those parties however have been more remain then leave.

Surely the reason for Labours vote collapsing was the fact they didn’t have firm position due to long held divisions in their party over EU membership hence the 1975 referendum and if you think Corbyn is a remainer then you don’t know a lot about his long held beliefs or the left wing of the Labour Party’s long held rejection of the EU, in fact if we hadn’t had or won the Falklands war we might not now be in the EU.

As for the Consevatives, remain party, seriously, not heard of the ERG?
Again their long held divisions are the reason we’re in this situation in the first place.

DickyNick:
What’s the point in even trying to have an intelligent debate when someone just comes out with that?

No wonder lorry drivers have a reputation for being brain dead when a simple debate ends up with name calling.

Regrettably that’s the case throughout the country. Political expression in this country has descended into the same brutal and farcical circus as the Commons at Prime Minister’s Question time.

Despite what some of you might think, there are some decent MP’s on all sides of the political divide whose main interest is uniting this country and taking it forward rather than dividing it and seeing it fall to satisfy their own narrow ideologies. The good works of those people are being drowned out in a wave of sectarian hate, the like of which I have not seen since the worst days of the miners’ strike; in which, by the way, the left was as equally guilty as the right.

Remainer, Brexiteer, doesn’t matter what side we support, we’re all fiddling whilst Rome burns. This country used to pride itself on its tolerance of dissenting views.

Putin, Trump and the Chinese must be ■■■■■■■ themselves. Divide and conquer.

DickyNick:

Norfolkinclue1:

Rowley010:

Where’s the name calling? Can you read?

1st paragraph I disagree with points made
2nd paragraph I point out how quickly the ignorance and insults begin from a remainer
3rd paragraph no insults, just comments.

If your comments regarding truck drivers being brain dead was aimed at me I politely suggest you give your little head a wobble sunshine and grow a pair…jog on kidder.