Euro 6 conversion

Now, I’m just a driver, I know that in the real world the theory of passing these costs on to the customer should apply, but it doesn’t. Only in road transport does this happen, your shopping goes up when fuel goes up, fuel goes down shopping remains the same ,

Just buy a euro 6 Volvo . I got one last year (500hp) 170k kms later and no issues with it at all. Never had any of these porblems thats being talked about

nyk473l:
At the RHA Spring Conference Brian Robinson of the Low Carbon Vehicle Partnership stated that a Euro V Engine could be upgraded to Euro V1 and gave a price of £17,000. No mention of lower standard Euro Engines. However the Editorial of this months Roadway bursts this as a myth saying this system is only fitted to busses and according to Eminox, who are involved in the bus conversion programme, truck conversion hasn’t got beyond the theory stage yet, although personally I don’t see the difference between converting a bus or a truck apart from the duty cycle the engines have in these different applications.

At 17k it’s probably better just to upgrade the truck

Driver Pete:
When you think of the ULEZ in London please take a look on the map. You will notice that the ULEZ is gonna apply to very central London only. Now, think how often you take/will take an artic to central London. I never did personally. When I did drive to central London it was a multi drop work in a rigid vehicle.

Secondly, the worst case scenario from 2019-2022 the difference between euro5 and euro6 in VED will be £300. Now if you operate your truck 230 days per annum then the daily charge won’t be higher than extra £1.30…

Pete, I think you’ll find that the worst case scenario is actually that the ULEZ will be extended to encompass everything within the M25 at some point.

Olog Hai:

Driver Pete:
When you think of the ULEZ in London please take a look on the map. You will notice that the ULEZ is gonna apply to very central London only. Now, think how often you take/will take an artic to central London. I never did personally. When I did drive to central London it was a multi drop work in a rigid vehicle.

Secondly, the worst case scenario from 2019-2022 the difference between euro5 and euro6 in VED will be £300. Now if you operate your truck 230 days per annum then the daily charge won’t be higher than extra £1.30…

Pete, I think you’ll find that the worst case scenario is actually that the ULEZ will be extended to encompass everything within the M25 at some point.

It probably will and eventually we’ll all have to use electric trucks. However we can only worry about the things that we know now :slight_smile:

£13000 for my 07 ategeo to be converted!

Driver Pete:

Olog Hai:

Driver Pete:

It probably will and eventually we’ll all have to use electric trucks. However we can only worry about the things that we know now :slight_smile:

My opinion, at the moment only a few companies could realistically use electric trucks given the range restrictions and weight and that’s traffic management wagons that are out setting out TM for an hour then back in the yard on charge losing up for the next job and low volume recovery work out pick up a car and back to the yard and on charge… 90 minutes for a full charge

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

rambo19:

Who converted it for you? We have three 2010 Dennis Elite trucks that we had converted to scaffolding trucks and need to get them done but have been unable to find anybody that can actually do this.

FollyT:

rambo19:

Who converted it for you? We have three 2010 Dennis Elite trucks that we had converted to scaffolding trucks and need to get them done but have been unable to find anybody that can actually do this.

The most recent press I read in comics motor was that the exhaust companies were not offering systems for general lorries ,not sure what they would class you as though ,your best bet would be to contact eminox.

There is a company, Midlands based, that can do the conversion, complete with certification, for around £12k. I don’t have all their details, but, if anybody wants them, I can get them.

cracker-bar:
There is a company, Midlands based, that can do the conversion, complete with certification, for around £12k. I don’t have all their details, but, if anybody wants them, I can get them.

Yes Please .

07519 130592 Speak to Mark, tell him Steve gave you his number, and he can give you all the info.

Just seen on FACEBOOK {BRITISH TIPPER TRUCKS } someone was quoted £20000 to upgrade a Renault to Euro6 by Eminox

ianto:
Just seen on FACEBOOK {BRITISH TIPPER TRUCKS } someone was quoted £20000 to upgrade a Renault to Euro6 by Eminox

Cheaper to just go out and get a used T range tipper

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk