Euro 3 engine to euro4

with 2012 comeing fast is there anyway that a euro3 engine could be uprated to euro4 standards or is it a matter of another truck for the scrapyard thank you ianto

talk to the builder of your truck be it Mercedes , Man, Iveco Volvo etc etc
and they will tell you alos if you do european work it may be cheaper to
buy a Euro 5 or 6 motor as the road charges are then less ,not sure about
the tax system in the UK but here in Germany a euro 6 motor pays less tax

what do you mean by euro 6 etc?

its to do with how clean the truck runs. the higher the number (6 being the next one), the cleaner the truck runs in relation to carbon etc. there are some incentives in place to buy a newer truck with cleaner engines

I don’t think any manufacturer has a Euro6 engine road ready at the moment, they will have to use a combination of SCR & EGR to achieve the required limits, Mercedes will be coming out with a completely new engine to meet the regs.

As far as I know, a particulate trap or filter will be enough for a Euro4 engine to meet Euro4/5 levels, beyond that I have no idea.

A saw a TV report a couple of years ago, of some London bus companies retro fitting filters etc to their vehicles so they could carry on using them when the “Clean air Zone” policy was brought into force inside the M25.

My gaffer had said he’s heard rumors of Manchester council considering the same plan. Only a mater of before other city councils follow suit.

I thought that new scania 730 was euro 6? :question: