Eu drivers parking on hard shoulder of m1

biggriffin:

mrginge:
I just come back from a restaurant in Spa and was very happy with my €12 pizza and 2x large beers at €4.90. Now in my cab back at the circuit with clean and free toilets/showers available 24hr. Free parking obviously :wink:.

That brings back memory, best chips+mayo and crepes in Belgium,

Have you been on the toboggan ride in stavalot.

No I have not been to the small theme park. I have one more night here then off to Brussels till Sunday evening. I will probably come back for some F1 but other then that I will be staying in Brussels. Next week is Monza so I will see what sites to visit in the next couple of days.

pierrot 14:

Jingle Jon:
I’ve driven all over the EU, for many years and I’ve yet to see this Utopia of free truck-stops and massive FREE lay-bys all over the place… just another driver rumour. I’m not saying there aren’t any… just I’ve never seen this driver heaven

You’ve obviously haven"t driven in France then :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

+1

Geoffo:

pierrot 14:

Jingle Jon:
I’ve driven all over the EU, for many years and I’ve yet to see this Utopia of free truck-stops and massive FREE lay-bys all over the place… just another driver rumour. I’m not saying there aren’t any… just I’ve never seen this driver heaven

You’ve obviously haven"t driven in France then :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

+1

We can buy room in hotel with free food.But really this good not free but simply included in price.Same in France.Simply all included in motorway charged.

Pushing the boat out now. Gone for the ‘Home Made’ ham & cheese baguette… with salad… tastes like crap… but hey… I’m a lying Fud lol

Check out the eat by date… it was like leather two mins ago… god knows what it would be like in a couple of days. Luxury for some lol

Andrejs:
But found parking after some 6-8 pm in EU same struguly than in UK.In Germany day time sometime problem.IN Italy no chance found anything after 6 pm.In France depend from area.But near most busy motorway not so easy.

yes, I actually found that parking after 5pm seems to be really hard and after 7pm ‘forget it’!

I have limited experience mind you, but from the little experience I have I noted the above, also in Netherlands/Belgium, crammed service area HGV parking, FULL/OVERLY full, trucks even parked on the grass verges etc…

I was near Bergen Op Zoom (NL) the other night, it was midnight and I had to stop for the day, not having been in NL since 26 years ago with a truck I pulled into a service area and the place was ‘crammed’ with trucks EVERYWHERE you could think of, luckily I had no trailer as I just dropped it off at distribution ct so with just the tractor unit I went onto the grass verge in a smaller place which was there just because everyone else had a trailer! I felt very lucky! :smiley:

Will you two please stop telling the truth ffs.

I should balance thing out here… too much reality going on.

Earlier today I stopped at a Services on the A1, heading for Paris north. As I pulled in, an attractive lady delivered my five course meal with a table , chairs and a galleon of bubbly, having quaffed lunch she then set too massaging my shoulders. Now too ■■■■■■ to do any more work a friendly French angel descended from a Peage heaven and completed my work. Shorty afterwards a carriage with six horses arrived to take me on a free guided tour of this heaven called EU, parking.

Then suddenly I awoke and it was just a normal day of tarmac, crap food and crap services.

Weather’s been nice though.

Nodding off & living the dream. Lol