ERF ec the last proper ERF

No problem Dan bloody comps/tablets are ok when they work ok !! Great pictures keep them coming in . Tony

Here’s one from Shrewsbury carnival . The show men love them probably for the plastic cabs and easy to work on them and reliability. Tony

thomas armstrong

image.jpg

Hi Dan like I said before great pictures. Keep them coming in . Tony

Hi Dan just put your last picture on my computer the picture is really good. It zooms in really good . Looks like you have sorted it out . Tony

image.jpgthis ec12 410 retired in 2005 with its owner with only 300’000ks as a life long ■■■■■■■ fan I have to say this engine is far better on fuel and is a lot smoother it will give any ■■■■■■■ a run for its money,although its a different driving style the rolls loves to rev as there is no bottom end guts unlike the ■■■■■■■ which loves destroying the transmission pulling at low revs

hey dan, you got a latest pic of yours mate.

cheers
gaz

Hey, was a ERF more expensive as a Europian and why were the sell figures so low in the '80s and '90’s. Beause if you see them here why couldn’t they match the Europians. I think that sell figures too low to survive so casts too high to compete,and no service points outside England.

Cheers Eric,

e series nice but not as good as ec

Hi Dan,

In what ways were the EC an improvement on the E?

Mainly a smoother ride air seat longer leaf springs or air suspension ,better cab suspension,nicer steering too,the ec12 is very nice to drive ,the Olympics are quite well used now and very loose ,my e series is ok but the ec 12 is as new to drive.

This old plodder is still in action

thomas armstrong ■■■■■■■

thomas armstrong ■■■■■■■

ta

thomas armstrong had this demo wagon for about a month. i delivered it back to beech"s garage in stoke

hodgeturbo:
thomas armstrong had this demo wagon for about a month. i delivered it back to beech"s garage in stoke

I bought my first motor,a Trader,from Beeches Garage at Newcastle-u-Lyme in Febuary '68.Dennis.

W & J Riding ERF EC12 4X2 tractor unit Reg No L380 MEO Fleet No 26 ‘Sanspareil’ was
registered new on the 1st of December 1993 at a cost of £37.295 plus vat.

Twenty years later L380 MEO is still in use today in TDG livery on Tees Dock after being converted into a ballast tractor.