ERF E series

Hi manctramper I’d guess that’s a C series chassis with a E series cab on .

Punchy Dan:
Hi manctramper I’d guess that’s a C series chassis with a E series cab on .

hello yep i think so, remember my dad saying there were a few differences between his and the next lot of motors that came also i think his was the only C reg the rest were D regs onwards, I’m sure i’ve got some old photos of it when he got it of the inside and also the old volvo f10 he changed over from side by side,
i worked for them in 2000 and remember a couple of old G reg ERFs they had down at the Strood depot, the merc ng i had broke down and i had to do a run in one over to southampton then i had to overnight in it on the isle of white, it was’nt the best looked after truck,

It’s got the square edged bumper with no towing eye cut outs and the c series corner trims on the bottom grill ,on c reg it probably would have the round handbrake knob rather than the T handle ,the round one got recalled for some reason ,iirc the workshop manual cover shows a combination of E & C can’t just think which way round :smiley:

We ran some early E series with the steel bumpers D and E reg. The later ones had the grp bumpers the tractors had the underun damper which were always getting damaged.

youtube.com/watch?v=AWVvYRcGaag

Found this retro review on YouTube :smiley:

Punchy Dan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWVvYRcGaag

Found this retro review on YouTube :smiley:

Thanks Punchy! I enjoyed that! :sunglasses: Robert

Nice one Dan. Quite a long ride down. Makes the old Black Rock look pretty tame.

cracking video , well found, i’ve just watched the video they did on a 1980 TK bedford , brought back even more memories for me

tony

youtube.com/watch?v=zeubZ-jc5sQ

Another great ERF video :smiley:

Nice one Dan. A busy site there.
I think I may of played it a little safer and had that ■■■■■■ moved! Sounded like a Detroit in the loader with the grey 8 wheeler.

Thanks for posting the link

Paul John:
Nice one Dan. A busy site there.
I think I may of played it a little safer and had that ■■■■■■ moved! Sounded like a Detroit in the loader with the grey 8 wheeler.

Thanks for posting the link

Yes sounded like one ,nice lorry that C Series 8 wheeler I thought .

Just found a Dutch E-series of LOETONING from Heerlen. LOETONING (abbrevation of Loet, Ton and Ingrid) was the
new company superseding Langen from Geleen, very known for tanktransport (dry/wet) and general transport through
many European-countries. The E-series (E12.40) had 400 hp produced by a Perkins. Unknown where the chassis came
from and/or newly bought or second hand.

ERF-Continental:
Just found a Dutch E-series of LOETONING from Heerlen. LOETONING (abbrevation of Loet, Ton and Ingrid) was the
new company superseding Langen from Geleen, very known for tanktransport (dry/wet) and general transport through
many European-countries. The E-series (E12.40) had 400 hp produced by a Perkins. Unknown where the chassis came

Nice ‘find’ A-J! I’ve reposted your message and picture on the LHD E-series thread :wink: ! Ro

ERF-Continental:

I don’t remember seeing that many 400 Eagles in E series ,the export bumper looks really well better than the U.K. ones .

Punchy Dan:

ERF-Continental:

I don’t remember seeing that many 400 Eagles in E series ,the export bumper looks really well better than the U.K. ones .

Not just the engine and bumper, Dan. The LHD export E-series overlapped the EC-series and contained a lot of EC components. This one appears to have the rest-cab rather than the full sleeper. Ro

Punchy Dan:

ERF-Continental:

d7813bc95e970abf63bb5a07a229f4c8.jpg

ERF-NGC-European:

Punchy Dan:

ERF-Continental:

Not just the engine and bumper, Dan. The LHD export E-series overlapped the EC-series and contained a lot of EC components. This one appears to have the rest-cab rather than the full sleeper. Ro

Yes the derv tank does have an EC look to it .

Another ERF-picture from Loetoning’s fleet

ERF-LOETONING-STEIN.jpg