ERF E series

And one of the best sheeters too ,if not better than Bewicks .

I’ll second that Dan

robert1952:

Punchy Dan:
Iirc the gearstick if it can be called that was on the bonnet in the same position as the deadman would be in a B series ?

I think that’s right, though I never used one myself. Here’s a picture of an E-series interior with one. Robert

Blimey, a lot of items there (switches, steering wheel, crappy plastic column trim!) similar to my old Sed Ak 400 but I suppose the two companies used the same suppliers?

Pete.

windrush:

robert1952:

Punchy Dan:
Iirc the gearstick if it can be called that was on the bonnet in the same position as the deadman would be in a B series ?

I think that’s right, though I never used one myself. Here’s a picture of an E-series interior with one. Robert

Blimey, a lot of items there (switches, steering wheel, crappy plastic column trim!) similar to my old Sed Ak 400 but I suppose the two companies used the same suppliers?

Pete.

Who supplied the tin worm .

Aye Dan, tinworm was a major issue! Our Sed Ak’s were only six years old but already needed welding repairs to the cabs. :unamused:

Pete.

i must say i found the E14 320 ■■■■■■■ twin splitter setup either 4x2 or 6x2 twinsteer the most perfectly balanced machine i every drove

gazsa401:

Class

EX TANKFREIGHT ERF E AT MALVERN AUTUMN CLASSIC

^^^^ not a criticism towards the owner but I’ve never seen an E series with so much cab frame rot as the above the drivers side is really bad ,I can’t think of any reason at all and iirc its even up by the roof too .

Punchy Dan:
After reading the recent ERF book I started thinking about Eaton samt ,there doesn’t appear to be any mention on trucknet like pics ,first hand accounts from drivers / operators or other evidence ,also the E series must be ( I think ) the model that from its start underwent the most changes over the 7 production yrs many of which are still with us today such as plastic bumpers ,air seats ,air suspension ,engine electronics ,semi auto transmission,speed limiter,( some items I’ve missed ) but a backwards step not as much room for a double bunk !

Good morning we had several ERF and MAN units fitted with the sat box at Henley Transport.
These started to take over from the eat on twin splitter boxes we had in the ERFs that we had (as you are fully aware of with having one our old units).
It was a case with the drivers they either hated them or loved them (and a few actually did)
None of ours were conerted back,but we did have a K reg MAN unit with the sat box that was only a couple of months old stolen from the farm at Spelmonden nr Goudhurst (the farm owned by the Henley family) So no doubt the low life that stole that unit liked the gearbox as it the only lorry parked there with the sat box!

Thanks Chris ,I didn’t know that MAN fitted them too ,the other E series fact is they’re the first model to have the mirror arm bigger where wide angle mirrors could be fitted but successfully used .

ERF E FROM MALVERN AUTUMN CLASSIC SHOW OCT 15

Here’s a rare beast! An E-series 4-axle artic with crane. Robert

Did anyone notice the chevron carbide E series E14 tipping tank in vintage road scene ? It was E reg I am sure it has a near side cab locker just like the EC series has ,if it was a J or K reg I’d say it was prototype but on a E reg ? May be it was fitted by the owner .

ERF E14 - Deep Freeze Supplies - (J9DFS):

ERF E10 - P & O Roadtanks - (J287MCM):

ERF E14-320 - ABF Ltd - (K194BOJ):

ERF E14 - Fairground vehicle - (MHD7L):

ZZ  MHD7L.jpg

ERF E14-405 - McCarthy Transport NZ - (reg n/k)

ERF E10-325 - Burland Group - (MIB136):

I had the sister to the ABF tank unit . I believe they came from a company in the midlands who had them all on private plates . They all got reregistered with the BOJ prefix when they were sold on . Mine was K187BOJ , lovely motor , 320 e14 ■■■■■■■ , twin splitter . Dave

A very late registered E series ,but a Ec series chassis and axles .

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw13DrfR1i0