Eddie Stobart Black Friday Sale!

ItsJoe:

simcor:

Peter Smythe:
Sorry to hear you’re off sick. Just out of interest, and taking this quote out of context:

Pete’s is a local smaller business and I fully believe in backing smaller local business than a large corporate faceless business.

Comparing JUST driving schools, we are 2.5 times bigger than ES. And more diverse, as we operate C1, D1, D, BE in addition to CE and C (and with CE we give the choice of w+d or artic)

Pete [emoji38] [emoji38]

Yeah but I think you know what I mean Pete. ESL is a much bigger business than you are as a whole is what I meant. Hence why I prefer to support smaller local businesses where I can and it suits to do so.

Any profits from their driving school will all go into the one big pot so it can’t really be classed as a separate entity as such really. Even though it may well be listed as a separate business for tax reasons.

Why the bloody hell do you care where the money goes? It’s not like you’ll see it.

Why do some of us care where the money goes?
If it goes to a local company the money will go in taxes due (hence back into society) and likely back into other local businesses.
If it goes to a big company registered in Guernsey maybe it`ll have less tax taken for reinvestment, and may end up leaving the local economy totally.

I start my training with stobarts tomorrow. It has cost me £2,880.35 which includes theory, cpc, class 2 and c+e. I chose this simply based on location and flexibility around my current job. I don’t believe that having the examiner offers any sort of advantage, and when I spoke to the training centre their retest fees are quiet high (400 inc vat). The other thing I was told with stobarts is that you can have 2 retest at both class 2 and ce but if you fail 3 times at any test then they will release you from the course. Just a rule they have. Training starts tomorrow so will open a thread to update as I go.

So is there good news?

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

I start my training with stobarts tomorrow. It has cost me £2,880.35 which includes theory, cpc, class 2 and c+e. I chose this simply based on location and flexibility around my current job. I don’t believe that having the examiner offers any sort of advantage, and when I spoke to the training centre their retest fees are quiet high (400 inc vat). The other thing I was told with stobarts is that you can have 2 retest at both class 2 and ce but if you fail 3 times at any test then they will release you from the course. Just a rule they have. Training starts tomorrow so will open a thread to update as I go.

So is there good news?

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Too tired after a day`s training to tap out a post?
Out celebrating in the pub??
Running for the boat to ship out tonight■■?