Eddie stobart training?

Hi all.

I would like to know what people think of the training scheme eddie stobart are offering!

Sounds good for the price of £2000+vat.

Anybody had first hand experience,and chance of work once licences gained?

‘Bloody hell, how much!?’, said the actress to the bishop.

you could get both c2 AND c1 for that, well not far off. Then when you have both, apply for a job.

Do a site search for your post title and you will find plenty on this subject

bluenose33:
Sounds good for the price of £2000+vat.

£2400 is a rip off Tbf,check out some of the instructors on here and you’ll find its a cheaper!
And since when did places start quoting “+VAT” in their price?Its just a clever marketing trick to make their price seem lower than it is!

I have started there today and intend to do a full review when I have finished. But I can say that the training has been excellent so far and the instructors have been great.

What you get for £2400…

Theory & Hazard perception training and test fees
CPC Module 2 training and test fee.
16 hours C training plus test
16 hours CE training plus test
CPC Module 4 training and test

They also have DSA accredited examiners so you don’t do your test with a stranger. You’ll do your tests in a Merc Rigid and a year old Scania Artic. My brother-in-laws brother passed his CE on Friday after his first go and has got a job with them today.

Now I haven’t done a price comparison with everyone out there but to me that sounds very competitive?

keep us all posted i am looking at doing my class 1 with them, with chance of a job afterwards.

Phil1979:
I have started there today and intend to do a full review when I have finished. But I can say that the training has been excellent so far and the instructors have been great.

What you get for £2400…

Theory & Hazard perception training and test fees
CPC Module 2 training and test fee.
16 hours C training plus test
16 hours CE training plus test
CPC Module 4 training and test

They also have DSA accredited examiners so you don’t do your test with a stranger. You’ll do your tests in a Merc Rigid and a year old Scania Artic. My brother-in-laws brother passed his CE on Friday after his first go and has got a job with them today.

Now I haven’t done a price comparison with everyone out there but to me that sounds very competitive?

Go for it!

The price is a bit more than some and a bit less than others but certainly represents good value IMO.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I’d be very sceptical to see if there are any tie in conditions. They seem to have a lot of vacancies for drivers throughout the country. So why would they give you cheapish training so you could go somewhere else? I would like to see the small print.

But if you want to work for Stobbies then go for it.

Paul :smiley:

elmet training:
I’d be very sceptical to see if there are any tie in conditions. They seem to have a lot of vacancies for drivers throughout the country. So why would they give you cheapish training so you could go somewhere else? I would like to see the small print.

But if you want to work for Stobbies then go for it.

Paul :smiley:

There’s no small print for the training Paul. But I was interviewed by 3 people ahead of training. It was a little heavy for an interview to see if I wanted to give them £2400. But it was focused on what I wanted to do and whether I was looking to get a job with them afterwards. The scheme has been going over a year. They have had 60 people through the course (all passed) and 58 of them have got a job with them so far with the other 2 waiting to get one.

So I think they are only taking people who want a job with them. As they keep saying, they are training their drivers of the future.

Any idea what they are paying once passed class 1.

Where’s their training centre? Just looking at options.

paul davies:
Any idea what they are paying once passed class 1.

In the first year the salary with the tax free add ons for a 45 hour contract work out about £9.80 per hour. Not the best money around but you get free uniform including waterproof coats and steel toe caps, good pension, and then the money goes up after first year too. Some may say its a bit of an exploitation for freely taking on new drivers. But they freely take on new drivers and look after you a lot more than being thrown a set of keys by an agency job.

Wavestarved:
Where’s their training centre? Just looking at options.

Its in Widnes. Near the Runcorn Bridge.

Let us know how u get on and if u get a job at end. Good look

I started at the accademy last week and so far so good. Passed Theory, Hazard and CPC 2. Good to hear from you again Phil. :wink: Helpful and friendly training staff. Opertunity of a job if you do well in training and second interview. Should be getting a date for the Cat C training soon.

Any other questions just inbox me.

You have 100% got a good deal
I paid £1800 for the same thing less the ce just got ridgid and cpc and theroy failed it allready they charged me a grand for a further 8 hours and retest I went with a broker and I’m not even garuntee of a job after sounds like stobarts on a mean lean recruiting regime lol
The rigid test is booked for the 7th hope I pass this time I’m doing it in a automatic so it’s easier :grimacing:

I have just been looking at this aswell as i am looking at a job they have advertised near me as a shunter for 23.5k days or 25.5k nights working 4 on 4 off can any one tell me how long the training lasts and if you do it all in one go or is it spread out?

I applied to join the academy about 2 years ago, got a letter back saying I have passed their initial phase, they’d let me know when there was an intake, and heard nothing since.