Eddie Stobart Black Friday Sale!

I don’t know the overall pass rate at ES. I know that in the first week I was was there out of the 11 on test only 3 failed which included myself. Thst gives ES a pass rate of 72% in that week.

When I done my retest the following week out of 10 on test there was just the one fail which gives them a pass rate of 90% in that week.

They’re a top school and you won’t find any complaints about them.

ItsJoe:
I don’t know the overall pass rate at ES. I know that in the first week I was was there out of the 11 on test only 3 failed which included myself. Thst gives ES a pass rate of 72% in that week.

When I done my retest the following week out of 10 on test there was just the one fail which gives them a pass rate of 90% in that week.

They’re a top school and you won’t find any complaints about them.

I have no axe to grind here regards whether Stobbarts are good or bad.
I dont know their overall pass rate either. Before saying whether or not theyre a top school wouldnt it be good to know whether their pass rate is good bad or indifferent? Since youve been there, you can have a perfectly valid view on your experience, of course, but absolute statements like "Theyre a top school" should be supported by evidence. Regarding the limited figures you do give: "When I done my retest the following week out of 10 on test there was just the one fail which gives them a pass rate of 90% in that week" How many were first attempts, and how many retests? That is relevant too isnt it?
If youve had a good experience there, great, pass that on, but dont overstate things.

(Over statements and general exaggerating are only acceptable in RDCs and pubs) :smiley:

I personally think they’re a top school. Reasons being their professionalism of staff, the kit, the practice area, the location and the value for money. They have a delegated examiner, that in itself gives them an edge over any other school in the country.

Maybe other schools are better, I don’t know. I can only comment on what I’ve personally experienced. I’ve been to other schools to so I know the difference between a good and bad one.

Right without getting into the good and the bad of this school.

Can someone say if the price includes a test fee or not? And does anyone know if I already have an initial cpc if they will let me get hours instead as they include cpc in the price?

I could call them tomorrow and ask - but someone on here might no and it could help someone else.

It seems like a good deal for £1080 if they include test fee and you get some hours. If not then it’s not such a bargain.

Test fee is included, not sure why people are saying it isn’t. As for CPC they only do initial mod 4.

ItsJoe:
Test fee is included, not sure why people are saying it isn’t. As for CPC they only do initial mod 4.

Cheers.

I was more thinking that they could upload days training (if they are long enough) to save people having to do so many days for cpc.

Also if you don’t need mod 4 then they are saving at the very least the fee the DVSA/DVLA charge. I doubt you’d get a discount off the cost - however I’d hope they would uploads a couple of days training if they could. And then charge the customer for any other days.

I’m going to call them tomorrow and ask some questions. And I’m going to see if Pete’s place can match them. My gf moves to Nottingham next wednesday so I could stay with her. But I’m not sure if it can work yet.

ItsJoe:
They probably get around that by guaranteeing an interview with Stobart after you pas your CE. I personally think having a delegated examiner gives them an edge on any training school so I’m sure they wouldn’t risk not doing things by the book!

You obviously have not heard about Stobart having their knuckles rapped and O licence/fleet restrictions at the Teesport depot for drivers tacho card irregularities then…

(Google it :wink: Sorry to shatter your dreams mate :grimacing: )

sammym:

ItsJoe:

Cheers.

I was more thinking that they could upload days training (if they are long enough) to save people having to do so many days for cpc.

Also if you don’t need mod 4 then they are saving at the very least the fee the DVSA/DVLA charge. I doubt you’d get a discount off the cost - however I’d hope they would uploads a couple of days training if they could. And then charge the customer for any other days.

I’m going to call them tomorrow and ask some questions. And I’m going to see if Pete’s place can match them. My gf moves to Nottingham next wednesday so I could stay with her. But I’m not sure if it can work yet.

Maybe they can upload the training but to be honest I just don’t know. If they can’t provide the CPC element they should discount it from the total price for you, I’m sure they can do that.

You can’t go far wrong with either pick, having a delegated examiner gives ES the edge on PSTT though.

ItsJoe:
You can’t go far wrong with either pick, having a delegated examiner gives ES the edge on PSTT though.

I don’t see how. The examiner however they’re employed and no matter where they operate from has to test the candidate fairly and to the same standard. The examiner being on ES staff makes it no more likely that the candidate will pass. It’s frankly irrelevant to one trainer or another.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

IronEddie:

ItsJoe:

I don’t see how. The examiner however they’re employed and no matter where they operate from has to test the candidate fairly and to the same standard. The examiner being on ES staff makes it no more likely that the candidate will pass. It’s frankly irrelevant to one trainer or another.

Sorry, but I haven’t mentioned anything about anyone being impartial.

ItsJoe:

IronEddie:

ItsJoe:

You said having a delegated examiner gives ES an edge. I’m saying I don’t see how because the examiner has to be impartial and operate to a set standard no matter where they work from.

Explain to me why you think ES have an edge because of a delegated examiner.

Joe is a ES fanboy/spotter. Stick a Stobart logo on anything and he gets wet.
It could be that ES gives good training but almost every thread made about them on this forum is negative. Even people who work for them here trash them; so I’m going to assume it is not great.

IronEddie:

ItsJoe:

IronEddie:

ItsJoe:

You said having a delegated examiner gives ES an edge. I’m saying I don’t see how because the examiner has to be impartial and operate to a set standard no matter where they work from.

Explain to me why you think ES have an edge because of a delegated examiner.

Throwing a guess out there.

But they have more control of test slots. Meaning if someone needs a resit they can organise it more easily and more quickly.

If that is a big deal or not depends on if you need a resit and how quickly you need one. It wouldn’t make me decide one way or the other. And if you have to pay the DVLA/DVSA the same fee it seems like an expensive way to get convenience - but I wouldn’t say there is no advantage. For a company who needs drivers and needs them asap I can see why someone like stobarts are willing to absorb the cost.

ItsJoe:

sammym:

ItsJoe:

Cheers.

Maybe they can upload the training but to be honest I just don’t know. If they can’t provide the CPC element they should discount it from the total price for you, I’m sure they can do that.

I’ll see if pstt can match the price. I like the place and the people. And most importantly my very attractive gf has a lovely flat in Nottingham now - and I’d rather sleep next to her than in some b and b.

Cheers for your advice and comments. Frankly I think you are taking some unfair abuse on here. Without your comments, I and others would think you had to pay the test fee on top - and wouldn’t know lots of useful information.

I need to chat to both companies tomorrow anyway. I don’t know if pstt can price match - and I doubt I’d be allowed to use stobarts examiner. There is zero percent chance of me taking a full time job in driving for atleast two years. And I wouldn’t waste my time or theirs going for an interview. I do like there retest fees and policy though. If that makes me a fanboy then I’m cool with that.

sammym
Do whats ever best for you.
With buying anything expensive though its always best to look for reviews. The cost of the training is the cost of a decent car so its a lot of money.
I had a look and I couldn’t find many reviews of ES training.

adam277:
sammym
Do whats ever best for you.
With buying anything expensive though its always best to look for reviews. The cost of the training is the cost of a decent car so its a lot of money.
I had a look and I couldn’t find many reviews of ES training.

I agree with you.

Joe is giving a review. But ultimately I’m more interested in seeing if pstt can price match. Best case if they can some other members might call them tomorrow and get a good deal. I’m sure pete will hate me for that - but if he was in our position I’m sure he’d try and get a deal as well. We shall see if it can be done or not.

There might be a reason it can’t be done. I don’t know. I don’t know a lot about different training companies. But I’m firmly of the belief that if you don’t ask you don’t get - and I don’t take offense at being told no. So it’s all fun and games. I wasn’t thinking about class one until I saw this - so it’s working in terms of drawing interest.

[Removed]

I see no evidence that the test fee is included. So, until I find out otherwise, the price match is £1195. Choice of w+d or artic. And training given only by fully qualified, trained, updated and registered instructors. The centre is also fully approved by NVDIR and when it was opened by the former head of DVSA, the comment was “probably the best training facility in the UK”.

This price match is for work booked on Monday which is when the ES offer ends.

Maybe someone would like to carry out a comparison?

I know my facilities extremely well and I’m happy that we don’t have serious competition from ES apart from the fleet of new Scanias against our fleet of new Ivecos and Renaults.

You wont find ES pass rates on the DSVA system as they are relatively new as a school.

Glen, who runs the school, is a brilliant bloke but is not permitted to train his own candidates.

You could, of course, just stick with the Christmas Offer which gives free accommodation, free driver cpc and entry into the prize draw for a free course. Training can be taken anytime during 2018. £200 deposit required to register. Balance of fees £1195 coincidentally, due 2 weeks before training.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
I see no evidence that the test fee is included. So, until I find out otherwise, the price match is £1195. Choice of w+d or artic. And training given only by fully qualified, trained, updated and registered instructors. The centre is also fully approved by NVDIR and when it was opened by the former head of DVSA, the comment was “probably the best training facility in the UK”.

This price match is for work booked on Monday which is when the ES offer ends.

Maybe someone would like to carry out a comparison?

I know my facilities extremely well and I’m happy that we don’t have serious competition from ES apart from the fleet of new Scanias against our fleet of new Ivecos and Renaults.

You wont find ES pass rates on the DSVA system as they are relatively new as a school.

Glen, who runs the school, is a brilliant bloke but is not permitted to train his own candidates.

You could, of course, just stick with the Christmas Offer which gives free accommodation, free driver cpc and entry into the prize draw for a free course. Training can be taken anytime during 2018. £200 deposit required to register. Balance of fees £1195 coincidentally, due 2 weeks before training.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I shall call them on Monday morning - and find out. If the test is included then I’ll ask for an email of the quote. So we shall know for sure. If it’s not included then for £200 you can get accomodation and more importantly 5 days cpc which would cost you more unless you had an employer footing the bill - so stobarts not such a good deal.

I am interested in speaking to them - and finding out if they knock money off for not needing mod4 and if they charge any other fees. I think it should state all this on their website. I think all websites should be clear about what is and isn’t included - and the prices. Without this information usually, I wouldn’t even bother contacting a company.

ItsJoe:
… having a delegated examiner gives ES the edge on PSTT though.

Did you even read (or understand) Peter’s post?? :unamused:

Peter Smythe:
… ES has a “delegated examiner”. This means he is DVSA trained (in fact, the guy used to work as a DVSA examiner in a former life). The examiner is on ES staff. The downside is that he can only test folks who are employed, or are going to be employed by ES. He cannot test the public.

I had the first private driving test centre in the UK - now coming up for 10 years. With this, the examiners are seconded to us on a daily basis by DVSA who also fully employ them…