E.F.Phillips & sons

Geoff Luther just starting European work.

Loading washing machines at Bergamo.

Alan Marsh one of my mates from the good old days on Phillips.

602211_142617125913832_256407752_n.jpg

■■■■ Turpin another good mate from Phillips.

I never ran with any of Phillips lads as I was on heavy haulage at the time but I did have a few very good nights often on the “Dragon” or “Leopard” or Le Harve with a lad called Lennie he had a west country accent and will be around the 70 mark now :astonished:
cheers Johnnie :wink:

geoff luther:

Always made me chuckle that,with a name like ■■■■ Turpin involved in transport eh,i think I once sold him a toptank and thought he was winding me up,cheers Buzzer.

sammyopisite:
I never ran with any of Phillips lads as I was on heavy haulage at the time but I did have a few very good nights often on the “Dragon” or “Leopard” or Le Harve with a lad called Lennie he had a west country accent and will be around the 70 mark now :astonished:
cheers Johnnie :wink:

Johnnie I cant think who that is at the moment but I will ask some of my mates for you.cheers Geoff.

:slight_smile:

Buzzer:

geoff luther:

Always made me chuckle that,with a name like ■■■■ Turpin involved in transport eh,i think I once sold him a toptank and thought he was winding me up,cheers Buzzer.

:slight_smile: A proper Highway man was ■■■■ he more than likely filled it with Don Simon wine when he went to Spain Buzzer. :slight_smile:

nilocekyd:
Great photos of them on this link
Thanks for these photos your right they are great.
flickr.com/photos/56250549@N … 017406582/

Colin

i was reading this and i work with 2 drivers from parkstone,bill carter know a crane driver for marsh plant and john phillpott, who used to drive a skip wagon in the foundry.

I seem to remember there was a tie up with trans oman they had a strange looking scania drawbar ■■ or am I
wrong ? I have seen a photo somewhere of the scania on here .

:slight_smile: hello mapsey I also worked with Billy Carter at E.F.Phillips and while he was at Phill Horridge who aloso worked for Phillips before I did.I don’t remember John Phillpot though.regards Geoff :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: Hi deanb Trans Oman (Len Smith)carried on with the continental work when E.F.Phillips was took over by Drinkwater Sabeys.You are right they did have a Scania wagon and drag driven by seamus Brannigan and Les Parnell who are no longer with us RIP.regards Geoff :slight_smile:

Hi all here is a couple of pics now I’m sure they are on T/net some where they are courtesy of Windy52 Tony Miller who was the driver of this 89 on TransOman, in a previous life the 89 was on Mark Comptons from Poole, Windy passed the pics as I was in the process of building a model of this truck.

Regards Jimski

one of Phillips’s ropey old tra
ilers.Barry Rice with his family.

77109_10151851012059447_893428895_n.jpg

77109_10151851012059447_893428895_n.jpg

]another dodgy old trailer.

66893_10151851008299447_2065158267_n.jpg

Jimski:
Hi all here is a couple of pics now I’m sure they are on T/net some where they are courtesy of Windy52 Tony Miller who was the driver of this 89 on TransOman, in a previous life the 89 was on Mark Comptons from Poole, Windy passed the pics as I was in the process of building a model of this truck.

Regards Jimski

:slight_smile: A couple of nice photo’s Jimski but the Scania 142’s that followed were the mean machines.regards Geoff :slight_smile:

I hope Tommy Towers has a great 65th Birthday Bash tomorrow night.I am going to enjoy My 64th tomorrow as well at Ascot races,I hope I can find a couple of winners.

Geoff Luther how are you ; from the son of John Stone. :stuck_out_tongue:

garystone45:
Geoff Luther how are you ; from the son of John Stone. :stuck_out_tongue:

Gary I am still waiting to hear from you,hope you are ok.regards Geoff