Driving assessment whilst in a job

Can’t you download your card at place of work teh day before your assest.
Do your assesment then get them to download your card again. Thus clearing it from your card

edd1974:
Can’t you download your card at place of work teh day before your assest.
Do your assesment then get them to download your card again. Thus clearing it from your card

You wish, if that was the case you could have a dodgy day download the card and there would be no record of what happened not in a million years would that happen plus that would delete part of your28 days record
Nice thought but NO

There are two exemptions you could possibly use, the actual wording could do with a tweak by the law makers to include assessment.

A: driving instruction or exams – vehicles used for driving instruction and examination. Includes instruction for renewal of Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC)

B: vehicles driven only on islands whose area does not exceed 2,300 square kilometres (Malta, Anglesey, Isle of Man, Mauritius for example) :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
There are two exemptions you could possibly use, the actual wording could do with a tweak by the law makers to include assessment.

A: driving instruction or exams – vehicles used for driving instruction and examination. Includes instruction for renewal of Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC)

B: vehicles driven only on islands whose area does not exceed 2,300 square kilometres (Malta, Anglesey, Isle of Man, Mauritius for example) :stuck_out_tongue:

:smiley:

toonsy:
but likewise it feels like cheating on my current place if you get me :laughing:

Mind you I don’t know why I’m bothered. Kinaxia certainly don’t give a toss about drivers so god knows why I still give a toss in return

Was going to post that they can’t be that good to work for if you’re thinking of jumping ship. The way I’ve done it is to just do the whole thing above board, do all the proper handing in notice etc even for agency and then no bridges are being burned. Bridges get burned when you just don’t turn up on Monday and tell them you’ve left.

You never know, they may actually value you and give you an offer to stay…it’s certainly not unknown for a company finding out a valuable employee is looking elsewhere to call them in and discuss what they can do to keep them.

Conor:

toonsy:
but likewise it feels like cheating on my current place if you get me :laughing:

Mind you I don’t know why I’m bothered. Kinaxia certainly don’t give a toss about drivers so god knows why I still give a toss in return

Was going to post that they can’t be that good to work for if you’re thinking of jumping ship. The way I’ve done it is to just do the whole thing above board, do all the proper handing in notice etc even for agency and then no bridges are being burned. Bridges get burned when you just don’t turn up on Monday and tell them you’ve left.

You never know, they may actually value you and give you an offer to stay…it’s certainly not unknown for a company finding out a valuable employee is looking elsewhere to call them in and discuss what they can do to keep them.

The current MD is very much a “theres the gate/drivers are ten a penny” kinda guy. I think it will bite them in the longer term but I’m a driver so I’m not paid to think and what I do think doesn’t matter anyway :unamused:

If I had a new job to go to I’d 100% do it above board, work all shifts in the manner I do now until the very end and so on. But to get to that point I’m going to need an interview and assessment etc and if I fail at any point I’m opening myself up for some rough treatment.

toonsy:

Conor:

toonsy:

The current MD is very much a “theres the gate/drivers are ten a penny” kinda guy. I think it will bite them in the longer term but I’m a driver so I’m not paid to think and what I do think doesn’t matter anyway :unamused:

If I had a new job to go to I’d 100% do it above board, work all shifts in the manner I do now until the very end and so on. But to get to that point I’m going to need an interview and assessment etc and if I fail at any point I’m opening myself up for some rough treatment.

I worked for a bloke like that once, his most memorable statement at a driver’s meeting he called was the infamous ‘‘i can get drivers ten a penny’’.
Boy did he have to eat those words, i was the first to leave and after i’d been there a while was contacted by a couple of others who also jumped ship once they found out about the craic, eventually more than a dozen came over, not the sort you’d want to lose either, eventually he ended up having to pay some of the best money in the sector to attract and keep drivers.

Your current MD will find out the hard way too i have no doubt, they assume that the present situation re staff availability and competence required and for hire will stay the same, but things change and his time to eat his own attitude will come around too.

Whilst i admire and agree your determination to work your notice correctly, don’t expect your principled behaviour to apply to them.
I worked my notice on the transporters (different company to’’ i can get them ten a penny’’ man), usually leavers were paid off because damage etc is a seriously expensive issue, i was trusted to work my notice period but in response i had no leaving interview (normal there) and the only communication from the company was a 7 word text on the Thursday telling me where to leave the vehicle on Friday, the admin staff at the depot i left the vehicle were quite surprised/dismayed at the company attitude, bet they’re not any more since it went down the pan and sold on.
On the other hand the treatment dished out only confirmed my decision to go was the right one, i behaved correctly the management there sadly didn’t have the same standards, worked out for me i found a DMS job where i’m happy.

Good luck in your quest for something better Toonsy, you’ll find it.

Wheel Nut:

I live on an island, we don’t have tachos. :laughing:

The fact that you are thinking in this way shows that you are “one of the decent” drivers out there so Fair play.
I had assessment Yesterday afternoon and then went on to do my Night shift at my Current job and I’ve just got home.
My verdict is I’m staying where I am due to a few things that arose.

It’s good to have a change but it has to be better than what you currently have as you wont last long.

All the best with What ever path you take regarding this.

buses:
I had assessment Yesterday afternoon and then went on to do my Night shift at my Current job and I’ve just got home.
My verdict is I’m staying where I am due to a few things that arose.

All the best with What ever path you take regarding this.

Hope you never went over your daily duty limit then