Assessment dilemma?

Although im happy where i am a firm close by is taking on a few drivers and its the same kind of work ( rdc fridge work ) so i thought it would be rude not to at least have a go and try to get an interview and ask a few questions ( nothing ventured etc ). My diemma is i managed to get an interview and the usual assessment so therefore my company might find out by looking at my digi card that ive been doing extra driving. Ive taken a day off but shall i come clean and tell them or keep quiet about it all ?

Can’t you say to the firm you’re thinking about joining that you need to go out on a motor with a wax chart tacho?

You don’t have to tell them anything, other than if they try to pull a fast one with the planning and try to use your day off as your weekly rest. If they do, just tell them you were driving a truck for non commercial reasons and therefore can’t do the shift as they have planned.

What you do on your day off is your business, with the only caveat being that they may have a clause in your contract which states you must inform them if doing similar work for another firm/competitor. However, an assesment drive would not count as it is not ‘work’, you were simply disposing of your free time as you saw fit.

All the units are 56 plate and upwards so that would all be digi i think. But surely they must expect employees to go for other jobs in and out.

A mate of mine is a hgv fitter for himself so might say i was helping him deliver a unit, its a days leave so no probs with hours etc.

Tell them you’re waiting for a replacement although that might create it’s own issues…it’s a bit of a bollox situation :unamused:

Edit to add; I certainly wouldn’t “come clean” about it!

bald bloke:
All the units are 56 plate and upwards so that would all be digi i think. But surely they must expect employees to go for other jobs in and out.

If its Culina a few are 55 not digi

Legally speaking, would using a wax chart make any difference? You would still be obliged to hand it in etc.
I know in practice that it would get “lost” :smiley:

As its an assessment drive could it be considered the same as training/driving test and not need a card?