Tacho download

Hi going for assessment drive this week and will have to put Digi card in, will this show up on my current company’s tacho when I download? Or does the vehicles tacho have to be locked in to the company? Thanks in advance

Unfortunately it will show up, you could explain this to the assessor but he would have heard it all before but it’s worth asking him it did work for me once with a very big outfit.

It will show up yes but don’t worry about it,be straight with your present employer if it is raised by them…it’s quite legal to look for alternative employment and attend assessments to facilitate that.

alright-drive:
Or does the vehicles tacho have to be locked in to the company?

The tachograph is only locked into the company card, anything that’s on the driver card can be read by any driver card reader.

You can put your card into any slot you like, whether you work there or not, you can use any tachograph to do a print out

Thanks all, just have grin and bare it then :laughing:

You could always try do what I did -

Told prospective new company I don’t want assessments showing up on card if can help it so we agreed to go through all the other palaver of interview/questionnaire etc then IF I got offered job it’d be solely left subject to a successful driving assessment.

That way it’ll show up but you know youve a job if it goes well enough so what does it matter at that point if current employer sees it.

In my case my resignation was in before they even had chance to bring it up [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The very fact that you are going for an assessment shows that you either don’t like your current job/wages/conditions or that you merely have itch feet. Sometimes your present employer discovering that you are looking elsewhere could perhaps focus their minds enough to change things for your benefit. Alternatively they may not give a ■■■■. Either way it’s win win for you.

Thing is, does your company actually read the card details unless there’s something like an infringement on there?

I doubt ours do and its the tachomaster software that automatically generates the infringment reports. Just dont get an infringmemt and be careful about reduced weekly rest.