Driver rates of pay nationally

pickandmix:

tomo3607:
Wont dare mention what im on then

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Is that because your on crap money or are you one of these on £200 an hour for 2 drop a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love to say it was the last one but sadly not

tomo3607:

pickandmix:

tomo3607:
Wont dare mention what im on then

Is that because your on crap money or are you one of these on £200 an hour for 2 drop a week

I would love to say it was the last one but sadly not

Lol so many people quote mega money but the reality is so different

Yeah only just above min wage on class 1

Unless you live in the middle of nowhere and can’t move, you need to get another job. My van drivers are on £9.01 an hour + meal allowance.

That’s shocking for Class1. :angry:

albion:
Unless you live in the middle of nowhere and can’t move, you need to get another job. My van drivers are on £9.01 an hour + meal allowance.

That’s shocking for Class1. :angry:

Where are you vans based

Posted in error

Binks73:
Sorry to dissapoint but quite the opposite! The plan is very much to make our pay rates competitive and make sure we are paying market rate.

This is whether we pay too low not too much!

Very much about staff retention.

We have a warehouse to wheels scheme and have invested massively in car licence to class 2 and 1 but find in the north west we struggle to retain class 1s after their training cost agreement is spent… we only operate Monday to Friday and some good for the bigger bucks and work weekends or shifts elsewhere.

Whereas in Enfield where we have a 7.5 tonnes home delivery operation we find we retain staff but there’s always the pushing for more money!

Like I said it’s about ‘are we currently paying too low?’
[/quote]
If you have a high turnover of staff that should answer your question

bullitt:
Put them on a salary instead of hourly rate. Make it a good salary, not a “competitive” one! You already seem to be competing with other companies and LOSING!! A good salary, with proper kit to work with, excellent holiday, pension and employment terms should make for a happy and LOYAL work force! Be selective with who you employ and make it clear why you are being so selective, IE good salary, terms and conditions etc. Make your company the one that everyone wants to work for. It will take investment (money :open_mouth: ) but it would pay you back in the long run.
Or you can just stay as you are, pay a tad above the basic minimum and keep scratching your head wondering why you have a such a turn over of drivers!

I hate salary. Much rather hourly rate for me

Place in middlesbrough pays class one at 7.50 an hour

chaversdad:

Absolute joke. Who and why would you do it for that? I mean can me on I would work at Iceland on the home delivery vans for £8.79 an hour first

chaversdad:

That’s disgusting. I’d rather be back on the dole.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

For proper poor pay you probably wont beat P+H even their mechs get peanuts

Binks73:
Hello

Trying to benchmark the rates of pay of our drivers against others nationally.

It would be great if I could get an idea who pays what for the following…any help would be massively appreciated :slight_smile:

And also if they are standard 1.5 after 8 hour / Saturday (or 6th shift)

I have depots in

Glasgow
Walkden (Manchester)
Cannock
Avonmouth
Enfield

We employ the following types of driving classes

Class 1 - Days
Class 1 - Nights
Class 2 - Days
Class 2 - Nights
7.5t - Days
3.5t - Days

How much are you paying in your glasgow depot now.I will tell you what a get working down paisley side.

JaxDemon:

chaversdad:

That’s disgusting. I’d rather be back on the dole.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Isn’t that the place where you can buy a house for 40k?

50 hours a week at 7.50 be good money in that area? Not that I am condoning the rate but cost of living for the area has to be allowed for

Its the rundown areas of middlesbrough were the houses are 30-40k and most have students /refugees living in them, the firm that pays that wage has no shortage of drivers although a few seem to be of retirement age who are happy with 50hrs and do it for beermoney and to keep from under there lasses feet

Binks73:
Sorry to dissapoint but quite the opposite! The plan is very much to make our pay rates competitive and make sure we are paying market rate.

This is whether we pay too low not too much!

Very much about staff retention.

We have a warehouse to wheels scheme and have invested massively in car licence to class 2 and 1 but find in the north west we struggle to retain class 1s after their training cost agreement is spent… we only operate Monday to Friday and some good for the bigger bucks and work weekends or shifts elsewhere.

Whereas in Enfield where we have a 7.5 tonnes home delivery operation we find we retain staff but there’s always the pushing for more money!

Like I said it’s about ‘are we currently paying too low?’

The red bit tells me all I need to know!