Driver hours

milesahead:

ROG:
If working mon to fri then you can drive for one day every other weekend due to weekly rest rules

That’s helpful, thank you. I wasn’t sure about this, I have Mon - Fri job, 37.5 hpw so it means I can do 1 day every other week which is not helpful for getting experience.

Thats the law …

ROG:

milesahead:

ROG:
If working mon to fri then you can drive for one day every other weekend due to weekly rest rules

That’s helpful, thank you. I wasn’t sure about this, I have Mon - Fri job, 37.5 hpw so it means I can do 1 day every other week which is not helpful for getting experience.

Thats the law …

Yes, I know, thank you. I’ve done one shift with agency and I liked it, even it was long shift, only thing which stops me from leaving my current job and do driving full time is what if I don’t like it full time, and doing 2 days per month will not help much to understand that…

milesahead:

ROG:

milesahead:

ROG:

Thats the law …

Yes, I know, thank you. I’ve done one shift with agency and I liked it, even it was long shift, only thing which stops me from leaving my current job and do driving full time is what if I don’t like it full time, and doing 2 days per month will not help much to understand that…

Did you get a start straight after doing your test with the agency, (class 1 or 2)

kopkings1:
Did you get a start straight after doing your test with the agency, (class 1 or 2)

Yes, almost, but it was Christmas, so they needed me, now it’s nothing, I had many calls from agency’s about full time work but as soon as I say about weekend’s I hear same thing " sorry, we have full time position", agency I worked for called me few times, but they wanted me for weekdays, which I couldn’t do. Class 2.

milesahead:

kopkings1:

Yes, almost, but it was Christmas, so they needed me, now it’s nothing, I had many calls from agency’s about full time work but as soon as I say about weekend’s I hear same thing " sorry, we have full time position", agency I worked for called me few times, but they wanted me for weekdays, which I couldn’t do. Class 2.

Cheers for the reply, got my theory booked this fri and hope class 2 few wks after, already started my training for it. Taking voluntary redundancy in April so hoping I am all passed by then and started on my class1

kopkings1:

milesahead:

kopkings1:

Cheers for the reply, got my theory booked this fri and hope class 2 few wks after, already started my training for it. Taking voluntary redundancy in April so hoping I am all passed by then and started on my class1

Good luck!