Driver fined for sleeping in piggy back truck!

Must be different rules for coaches. I have been on coach holidays around Europe on double-decker coaches with sleeping pods on the lower deck. These coaches have 2 drivers and often the off duty driver sleeps in his own cabin behind the driver.

Sand Fisher:

Wheel Nut 3:
It’s certainly misleading and it’s like a bloke double manning, it’s not illegal to sleep on the bunk but you can’t count it as a daily rest.

I was told it was…because you are not wearing a seat belt.

a bed is not a forward facing seat,hence no requirement for a seat belt…they have to think up something else to try and do you for that.

Martin:
Must be different rules for coaches. I have been on coach holidays around Europe on double-decker coaches with sleeping pods on the lower deck. These coaches have 2 drivers and often the off duty driver sleeps in his own cabin behind the driver.

I saw a Van Hool one recently where there is a ‘coffin’ immediately ahead of the front axle for the second driver to kip in… :open_mouth:

There are heater controls, a light and even a phone handset (presumably to speak to the other driver) but the amount of noise there must be horrendous. It didn’t look particularly clever in the case of a frontal collision, either.

If it’s DeRooy, he will appeal and will have already built a solution in the workshops.

dieseldog999:

Sand Fisher:

Wheel Nut 3:
It’s certainly misleading and it’s like a bloke double manning, it’s not illegal to sleep on the bunk but you can’t count it as a daily rest.

a bed is not a forward facing seat,hence no requirement for a seat belt…they have to think up something else to try and do you for that.

By that logic, DD, there’s no problem having a couple of hitchhikers stood up in the cab?
They’re not in forward facing seats after all?

[emoji12]

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Holy Thread resurrection Batman.

Franglais:

dieseldog999:

Sand Fisher:

Wheel Nut 3:

By that logic, DD, there’s no problem having a couple of hitchhikers stood up in the cab?

[emoji12]

^^^^^^^^^^^
can of worms legislation my man.
your only required to wear a belt in a forward facing seat.no legal obligation to wear one at any other time.
plod can charge you with other things if they wish to try it on. limos,campervans,all just a can of worms to get convicted.
they can try to charge you with not being carried in a safe manner or some other worded mince.
swivel your front seat in a camper,no need for a belt,but you cant see out the n/s window for the mirror…
a dog nowadays needs to be restrained…so use one of two options.
1…always keep your duck tape ,cable ties,handcuffs and coal hammer in the 1 place…or.
2… dont give hitchikers a lift if theyre munters… :smiley:

dieseldog999:

[emoji12]

[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^
can of worms legislation my man.
your only required to wear a belt in a forward facing seat.no legal obligation to wear one at any other time.
plod can charge you with other things if they wish to try it on. limos,campervans,all just a can of worms to get convicted.
they can try to charge you with not being carried in a safe manner or some other worded mince.
swivel your front seat in a camper,no need for a belt,but you cant see out the n/s window for the mirror…
a dog nowadays needs to be restrained…so use one of two options.
1…always keep your duck tape ,cable ties,handcuffs and coal hammer in the 1 place…or.
2… dont give hitchikers a lift if theyre munters… :smiley:
[/quote]
I aint too sure, but I think itll work like this:
All vehicles have Type Approval certs or Certificates of Conformity. These specify the number of passengers that can be carried. And magically the number of passengers will (almost) always equal the number of seats with seat belts.
It is required that passengers use seats fitted with belts if available.
So if were stopping for a hitch hiker and her mate, were legally required to leave the ugly one at the roadside.
If our second driver is asleep in the bunk hes breaking the law as he isnt using an available seat with belt fitted. So, we have to dump him out the door too.

The law can be on our side too!

Maybe?