Driver CPC validity in Europe if we crash out?

OwenMoney:
Nice of Mrs. May to give Eurotunnel £33 million -

Good job we ain`t like those corrupt EU bods.
Our Transport Secretary will be sacked for a ■■■■-up like that.

Except:
“PM has confidence in Grayling”…(politicshome.com)…
Is he the only person she has left, who will take seat in cabinet?

Sorry to have posted in the wrong place -

Quick, send Grayling an invoice for pallets suitable for all the UK exports after Brexit - It’s sure to get paid- and don’t forget the invoice for magic unicorns -
What a totally unimpressive piece of management, and did you see the MP’s payrise ? Tell your boss and ask for the same

OwenMoney:
Sorry to have posted in the wrong place -

Quick, send Grayling an invoice for pallets suitable for all the UK exports after Brexit - It’s sure to get paid- and don’t forget the invoice for magic unicorns -
What a totally unimpressive piece of management, and did you see the MP’s payrise ? Tell your boss and ask for the same

£79k ?
Well, they have responsibilities, and expertise, and could loose their jo…Oh, wait…

I might be wrong here, but isn’t the DCPC a European Directive?
If that is the case how will it NOT be valid in Europe even if we crash out?

Surely if the EU directed us to do the DCPC then its their qualification/training requirement that we have fulfilled. Just a thought!

tiger65:

Surely if the EU directed us to do the DCPC then its their qualification/training requirement that we have fulfilled. Just a thought!

But that would just be far to sensible and we all know politicians don’t do sensible

tiger65:

Because the UK is becoming a Turdworld untouchable country - like North Korea - ‘You’ are all unclean and unworthy of entering the EU.
There, i think that about sums it up, but it will be ok as there is a free trade deal in place with the Faroe islands so you don’t need the EU.

Any and all EU countries recognise DCPC qualifications from other EU countries. They can do this because they agree standards and allow the EU to check on standards.
If we leave and follow different standards and don’t accept oversight why would they automatically accept ours?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

OwenMoney:
The French version of the cpc, which was introduced after the strikes in the early 90’s , is a proper training course, well organised and funded by the Government and the employers.(See the problem for the UK ?)
It’s a professional qualification and well respected.

Owenmoney, In regards to the French equivalent of the Dcpc, Do you have to do an exam/ test afterwards ■■

Geoffo:

OwenMoney:
The French version of the cpc, which was introduced after the strikes in the early 90’s , is a proper training course, well organised and funded by the Government and the employers.(See the problem for the UK ?)

Owenmoney, In regards to the French equivalent of the Dcpc, Do you have to do an exam/ test afterwards ■■

A big YES on that one , the FCO 5 year refresher has one too

pierrot 14:

Geoffo:

OwenMoney:

A big YES on that one , the FCO 5 year refresher has one too

What happens if you fail??

[/quote]
You fail!! Resit! More hard earned gone.

Beau Nydel:

You fail!! Resit! More hard earned gone.
[/quote]
This system is going to be implemented where I live ( Belgium) as of 2022, so I’ve heard.

Driver CPC is EU stupidity, if you are not a member of EU then you dont need CPC. Just dont drive an EU registered truck, you dont want drivers from other EU countries driving your truck, we dont want you driving our trucks either.

Mazzer2:
… There are plenty of Ukrainians driving for Polish firms and Russians driving for Baltic state companies it is likely that they have changed their licences over to whichever country they work for and probably use the company address for their paperwork in which case can UK drivers driving for European companies not do the same?..

Before starting working, they all get EU working visas first. There is no owner of an EU transport company would employee a truck driver without CPC (“Code 95”), it is not worth the risk. Drivers one of the largest Lithuanian transport company (owns over 4500 trucks, most of them brand new or almost new Volvo) work 7 weeks in a row in EU and get paid cash in the end, 65-70 Euros for each day (4200-4500 Euros for 65 days, after been driving around 30000 km in total). Then they got 25 day unpaid holidays. There are other, mostly Latvian, Polish and Lithuanian transport companies which pay the same or little more, but trucks are not as good.

Almost all that’s needed to know on the .Gov site

Driver CPC for lorry drivers

gov.uk/guidance/prepare-to- … ry-drivers

V8Lenny:
Driver CPC is EU stupidity, if you are not a member of EU then you dont need CPC. Just dont drive an EU registered truck, you dont want drivers from other EU countries driving your truck, we dont want you driving our trucks either.

They demand it in Norway though.

milodon:

V8Lenny:

They demand it in Norway though.

The difference being is they police it, unlike the EU nations that state it’s a requirement yet do nothing to ensure it’s held by drivers.
One of the sections covered by foreign nationals DCPC should include the Highway Code and Laws, as the standard of driving by so called professional drivers on the U.K.road network, namely the foreign nationals who bring their own countries standard of driving with them, cause nothing but havoc and confusion to all around them

I did my first CPC back in '05 iirc and the next time in 2011 after a friend got done in Spain for driving without one, forking over €1000.