Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Went to Southern Counties Auctioneer’s collective sale at Shaftsbury today the first time I have been, plenty of old crap but some good in between was after a flail topper today but they run three auctioneer’s at once and I missed the first I had me sights on watching summit else being sold then the other one two blokes latched on to it and it made a fortune so home we out nought. Met a few people there though who I knew so had a bit of a catch up. Just been down to the marsh to see the cattle and now I have to start taking water down as the reclaim system of the barn has run dry, will put a couple of tanks down there and fill with ISO tanks same as last year plus I got the bowser. Bought a Massey 390 and loader yesterday as I am not too keen on the New Holland I have so awaiting delivery of that, well that concludes todays farming report, cheers Buzzer.

Now then Buzzer ! you are in the “dotage” of your misspent youth and as we both know there are “no pockets in shrouds” so you can’t take it all with you ! so I hope you didn’t miss that fine “split new” Flail Topper for want of one final bid of a Fiver :blush: !! Dear oh! dear! Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:
Now then Buzzer ! you are in the “dotage” of your misspent youth and as we both know there are “no pockets in shrouds” so you can’t take it all with you ! so I hope you didn’t miss that fine “split new” Flail Topper for want of one final bid of a Fiver :blush: !! Dear oh! dear! Cheers Dennis.

You got me all wrong Dennis I was gutted as I was not paying attention and missed the bidding all together, will try harder next time, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Went to Southern Counties Auctioneer’s collective sale at Shaftsbury today the first time I have been, plenty of old crap but some good in between was after a flail topper today but they run three auctioneer’s at once and I missed the first I had me sights on watching summit else being sold then the other one two blokes latched on to it and it made a fortune so home we out nought. Met a few people there though who I knew so had a bit of a catch up. Just been down to the marsh to see the cattle and now I have to start taking water down as the reclaim system of the barn has run dry, will put a couple of tanks down there and fill with ISO tanks same as last year plus I got the bowser. Bought a Massey 390 and loader yesterday as I am not too keen on the New Holland I have so awaiting delivery of that, well that concludes todays farming report, cheers Buzzer.

Talking of Shaftesbury Buzzer,thats changed a bit over the years ! Tesco are now on the old cattle
market site. What ever happened to George Coles tractors that were based just on the outskirts
of Shaftesbury at the end of the short dual carrigeway heading towards Wilton/Salisbury ? They used
to have the field on the left and offices on the RHS. The field was full of combiners and tractors,i dont
know if they relocated or finished. The field is now new houses.

coles.PNG

Busy this morning after turning out calves in to the paddock I littered them up, put hay in there feeder and filled the adlib feeder with nuts. Filled up my two IBC tanks with water for the steers down the marsh which I do every two days to supplement the bowser. Then on to bean picking, too hot really should do it in the evening but got a good lot of Runners and five pounds of French ready for sale at the door, theses also need picking every other day as I like to get em young just like a woman, no one wants old and stringy have to be young tender and sweet, cheers Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

Been a busy week up and down the country now parked up in the sun at Carlisle, going for an Inspection on unit and trailer in the morning then three tractors to deliver around Carlisle then yam.

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20170706_002.jpg

WP_20170704_017.jpg

WP_20170704_006.jpg

WP_20170704_001.jpg

Wrighty you do fair jog around the country, another scorcher of a day here again too hot to do ought really but the essentials have to be carried out and I have had to start to ferry water down to the cattle on the marsh, they have a bowser so they never run out but evert other day I take down two IBC containers full up to replenish the three water tanks as well. They take an age to fill up wi a 1/2 inch tap pipe but much quicker to empty as you can see, always check the steers when ime there any way to make sure all is well and usually do this in the evening when its a tad cooler, cheers Buzzer.

Keep up the good work Buzzer, always look forward to your and Wrighty’s country diaries!

John.

is it my eye’s wrighty but that look’s like a big overhang on the flat trl with the mower’s on.

One of our trucks for a change to farming reports, what price the number plate eh cheers Buzzer.

m.a.n rules:
is it my eye’s wrighty but that look’s like a big overhang on the flat trl with the mower’s on.

It was overhanging about three feet so well within limits, it’s amazing what you can get on when you try…

Cheers Wrighty.

Browsing in the evening sun this evening still finding plenty to eat, just like to count them every day to make sure all is well. Wrighty a chap came in to the farm where I get straw etc with a waggon & drag with a load of fert on but they also did a lot of straw and he had pull outs front and back of his trailer to get more on and he told us it was over length when he had them extended but while loaded it did not look out of place and had never been stopped, cheers Buzzer.

wrighty:

m.a.n rules:

It was overhanging about three feet so well within limits, it’s amazing what you can get on when you try…

Cheers Wrighty.

no mate I actually meant the trl itself. :slight_smile:

m.a.n rules:

wrighty:

m.a.n rules:

Cheers Wrighty.

no mate I actually meant the trl itself. :slight_smile:

Oh I see what you mean, it must be the angle of the photo it’s just a standard 45’ sloper. Been another productive weekend up ere clipping sheep in between big bailing so back to work today for a rest.

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20170710_001.jpg

Wrighty you said not a bad crop for up ere but how many big rounds do you average to an acre, I got 57 5 footers of six & a half acres but it was direct drilled on old pasture and nothing on it since October last year, but the SSSI rented ground only got 23 bales of nine acres but no fertilizer allowed of course. Well it’s started to rain here at 2pm and by golly we need it badly as every where is dried up, think you get more wet up where you are and we need about three days of steady fall to get the regrowth kicked on. Went to near Gatwick Saturday to pick up a second water bowser and saw a lot of corn already cut so the hot is definitely moving the harvest forward, cheers Buzzer.

Back to trucks R44 & T22

Seen this posted by DEANB and thought this is a bit OTT even by Mappo’s standards, Buzzer.

Hi Buzzer, this in my flickr mail box today,… your buddy…name the truck on board :bulb: .
Oily

oiltreader:
Hi Buzzer, this in my flickr mail box today,… your buddy…name the truck on board :bulb: .
Oily

Not a clue less its a MAN looks a little like that but some one will know for sure, Buzzer.

Buzzer:

oiltreader:
Oily

Not a clue less its a MAN looks a little like that but some one will know for sure, Buzzer.

I’d say an international or a ford