Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Afternoon Buzzer

Well it’s been a busy day up ere int Dales, mowing rushes on the edge of the fell trying to reclaim some grass and what a day it’s been glorious sunshine all day…

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20170604_032.jpg

WP_20170604_033.jpg

WP_20170604_029.jpg

WP_20170604_026.jpg

peggydeckboy:
Yes thanks buzzer for very good posts i have a bit on at the mo or else i would be giving my opinion [wanted or not]lol
However BEWICK tell you wife she is 100%correct jersey royals are ,hard ,green ,tasteless .longer to cook,i think some of those spuds have never seen the sky ,s over jersey …my opinion …do they scrape ,no,should they yes, i bet buzzer do ,when they are ready,so maybe buzzer should take over the production of new spuds and blow the old jersey boys back to FRANCE…JUST a quick point did i read it correct, has "the wanderer " ANDREW moved to “three mile cross”? if so you better behave has i spent many good years there…pdb…

Good day? Yes on the move again just can’t seem to settle of late could explain but I won’t lol
Hopefully should be ok with the 3 pointed star & I always behave Pdb lol

IMG_9466.JPG

Cheers Andrew

wrighty:
Afternoon Buzzer

Well it’s been a busy day up ere int Dales, mowing rushes on the edge of the fell trying to reclaim some grass and what a day it’s been glorious sunshine all day…

Cheers Wrighty.

Man you got some rushes there mate but looks good when you have beat them off, I got some of them on me summer grazing but not as bad as that, beat em off last year but they come back, I am not allow to spray but would if I could, don’t know if there is ought to kill them anyways.

By the Dennis I forgot to say we had English spuds for Sunday roast today and they were nice, don’t know what breed they were though, cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:

wrighty:
Afternoon Buzzer

Cheers Wrighty.

Man you got some rushes there mate but looks good when you have beat them off, I got some of them on me summer grazing but not as bad as that, beat em off last year but they come back, I am not allow to spray but would if I could, don’t know if there is ought to kill them anyways.

By the Dennis I forgot to say we had English spuds for Sunday roast today and they were nice, don’t know what breed they were though, cheers Buzzer.

Yes Buzzer it’s a never ending job controlling rushes you can spray them but you have to do it several times before you get rid of them, and then they return very quickly.
We have mown them just to give the grass a chance to grow underneath, and will possibly spray them in a month or two when the young shoots are growing back.

Cheers Wrighty.

Hows the shoulder coming along then Buzzer ?

Found this pic on a french site.

This is from FB but that look’s like John Lee to me or am I mistaken ? Buzzer.

PS who’s is the Volvo any one know.

Hi Buzzer,1921 and a tipping trailer with what appears to be a self opening/closing tailgate.
Oily

Living near a school as I do creates its daily problems, half of these people live within easy walking distance and don’t need to use a car at all, they are all just to lazy to walk. another thing I have noticed is that when they leave the car most are immediately on a mobile phone almost as if it were a life support system, its a wonder they don’t have more broken noses as they are not looking where they are walking. The road outside our place has a gentle curve so it is impossible to see anything coming down, then no one wants to give way as in my second picture, the chap with the van with dingy trailer on was not going to back up and I don’t blame him he had the right of way but a stalemate occurred and nothing moved for ten minuets. If I have any deliveries due I tell them to avoid 9am to 9.30 in the morning and 2pm to 3pm in the afternoons, we have no gates and we have to put a chain across to stop the lovely people from turning and my Mrs has been threatened just for pointing out its a private drive. We now have an action group for what its worth but the school is only running at 80% capacity at the moment and they want to expand it further which will create even more chaos. It seems the days when I were a lad we either walked or rode a bike to school are now non existent and I bet this is the same in lots of other places in the country, things will get worse before getting better that’s for sure, rant over and thank goodness for holidays as its almost normal then, Buzzer

Afternoon stroll with the Boss and the dog, checking on volunteers taking down fence that was put up to deposit toad’s lizards and the like from road building sites, put up at TAX payers expense and taken down by a friendly group of non paid person’s of all ages. More grass for me at no extra cost so got to be good. Also checked the cattle while there from a distance as they were right out on the marsh, Buzzer.

Morning Buzzer

A couple of shots from this weeks adventures, been a quiet weekend for us, out at a charity fund raising do at Hawes auction on Friday night and then just the usual jobs. Washed two tractors off and just waiting on the new mower being delivered and then it’s silage time up ere.

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20170608_005.jpg

WP_20170607_002.jpg

Well we had a little of the wet stuff overnight and I have been holding fire on the grass cutting front but just watched the Country File weather forecast for the week and it is looking fair to middling for us down South. The Mower is on’t tractor so looks like I am taking the plunge and getting on with it tomorrow, you only have one chance but making haylage is a lot quicker than hay and if it does look like there is a change afoot you can get on and bale and wrap it to avoid a disaster will report tomorrow, Buzzer.

Well one man went to mow, went to mow a meadow, that’s it now job done well cutting anyways all we need now is some nice hot sun and a bit of breeze to help the job along, got the haybob on the tractor ready for the off tomorrow, had a visitor a doe looking for her young hidden in the grass but he was unharmed, Buzzer.

Photo0743 (2).jpg

Stop Press !! “Buzzer nearly killed Bambi” HSE, RSPCA and Santa Claus are visiting him to-morrow for re-education course :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Today got on and turned the grass this morning and it was baking hot in the field, went and looked three hours later and decided to do it again as it had altered so quickly, rang the contractor and he is set to come and bale and wrap ten in the morning and me mate is coming so we can get up behind them getting them in, will take pictures tomorrow as forgot today. Also had the air con charged on’t tractor and she is nice and cool in the cab n ow, cheers Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

It looks like you’ve got a fair crop on should make nice stuff, you could always make it into hay it will be worth a fortune to these horsey types…
Been a dull but largely dry day up ere, started below Edinburgh this morning went up to Muir of Ord then Insch and loaded out of Laurencekirk.
Tipping Highland show ground int morning then back up to Perth to load again for Ingliston… Aye it’s all go int show season.

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20170613_006.jpg

Hi buzzer

clearing up fallers on lawn (old photo)

Tonight is a BRA report, in other words all is safely gathered in. Contractor arrived bang on 10am with a rower upper & Baler rapper only been cut two days so shows how hot its been 57 bales in about 1 1/2 hours these machines work at a very fast speed nowadays then we were right in behind them moving back home and stacked neat and tidy, Buzzer.

PS. Bambi was still in the field today as I don’t think he knows any where else.

Photo0746.jpg

Last evening at eight pm rounding the calves up to go back in the barn for the night, Buzzer.

Wrighty have you got the new mower yet bet you cant wait to get goin.

Photo0750.jpg

Morning Buzzer

Yes the new mower has arrived and we have been making use of it, bailing yesterday and continuing today while it’s red hot. The conditioner certainly makes a difference as the grass killed very quickly(nearly too quick) so it is making life easier already not having to scale it out.

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20170615_008.jpg

WP_20170617_016.jpg

WP_20170617_004.jpg

Wrighty had a feeling you would be cracking on with it, just a shame we never had the rain in April stead of May, I am cutting again tomorrow all things being equal as I have to coordinate with the contractor as he is really busy at the moment. It’s red hot here today and just been doing a little hoeing in the veg plot but had to douse in the swimming pool to cool off, dug me first spuds of the season “Charlotte’s” and was surprised at what came up and they will sit very nicely along side the home produced roast pork later tonight, had to buy the beans though but wont be long before its all our own, cheers Buzzer.