Dangerous goods advice- UK regs and ADR

sunoco69:
Thanks Dave

I found those already, what I was really looking for were some old papers but with answer sheets. Be good to know that I am doing them right.

Hi sunoco69,

I might have an idea for you, but am I correct to guess that you’re taking Core + Road + All Classes?

Yes. Core, road and all classes.

sunoco69:
Yes. Core, road and all classes.

Please watch out for a PM. :wink:

Hi Dave, starting to carry dg more often en route to uk ports for inward shipments. Obviously the nature of the job involves overnight stops along the way.
My query is on parking overnight,

are you ok parking in any old layby or does the load need to be in a layby with markers at the edge ?

Also can you use industrial estates providing your away from buildings ?

Euanjt

euanjt:
Hi Dave, starting to carry dg more often en route to uk ports for inward shipments. Obviously the nature of the job involves overnight stops along the way.
My query is on parking overnight,

are you ok parking in any old layby or does the load need to be in a layby with markers at the edge ?

Also can you use industrial estates providing your away from buildings ?

Euanjt

Hi euanjt,

I’m afraid that there’s no one-size-fits-all answer to this one, because ADR’s parking and supervision rules vary depending on the particular substance and the amount carried.

The onus for deciding whether there are any special parking rules for a particular substance rests with the owner of the vehicle ( = the carrier,) so if your boss doesn’t tell you that there are special parking rules for what you’re carrying, then you can park in any sensible place.

As a very rough rule of thumb, you’re ok to park in a depot, on an MSA or on an industrial estate, unless your boss says otherwise.

Just finished day 2 of my ADR course.
Done core, packages and class 2 up to now.
Will be doing Class 3-9 tomorrow with some exams
Tankers on Thursday with Tanker exam on Friday morning.

Head is battered!!

sinclair89:

Head is battered!!

Hi sinclair89,

I can guess at the timetable your ADR provider is using, so please post up anything that you’re not sure about, then I’ll do my best to explain it ‘my way’ which might be of help in understanding it. :smiley:

Good luck in your exams!!

dieseldave:

sinclair89:

Head is battered!!

Hi sinclair89,

I can guess at the timetable your ADR provider is using, so please post up anything that you’re not sure about, then I’ll do my best to explain it ‘my way’ which might be of help in understanding it. :smiley:

Good luck in your exams!!

Chemfreight ?

Thanks for the offer of help. Will defo come here if I need some advice. Everything seems (read hopefully) to be going in. Bit nervous about the tests but I just get nervous with tests anyway.

sinclair89:
… Bit nervous about the tests but I just get nervous with tests anyway.

Ahh yes, the nervous candidate, which is is a perfectly normal reaction in some people.
You’re not alone in that, cos it’s very common.

I can only try to reassure you with the following…

There won’t be any technical questions.
ALL questions will be multiple-choice, so the right answer WILL be written in front of you to select.
You won’t need to do any productive writing because all you need to do to choose your selection is to put an “X” in a box.

Please give my regards to Mark/Doug/Bob :smiley:

dieseldave:

sinclair89:

Ahh yes, the nervous candidate, which is is a perfectly normal reaction in some people.

ALL questions will be multiple-choice, so the right answer WILL be written in front of you to select.
You won’t need to do any productive writing because all you need to do to choose your selection is to put an “X” in a box.

haha I’m glad I’m not the only one who gets nervous.

Who should I say is giving their regards and we have Mark instructing us

sinclair89:

dieseldave:

sinclair89:

haha I’m glad I’m not the only one who gets nervous.

Just say Dave - an ADR instructor and DGSA

Well that’s classes 5,6,8,9 exams done.

Core,packages, class 2,3,4 exams tomorrow morning then begin tankers.

Excuse me if I get classes in there that I might not be doing but ones head is beaned but I’m loving it!

sinclair89:

Just say it’s Dave from Ellesmere Port, Mark knows me cos I’ve done some ADR teaching for him. :wink:

Mark said Hi , Dave.

Core,packages,classes 2,3 & 4 exams done.

Started Tankers today. Will rattle the rest and exam tomorrow.

sinclair89:
Mark said Hi , Dave.

Only classes 2, 3 and 4?
Perfectly possible, but that’s not a common combination.

sinclair89:

The tanker course is pretty straightforward, so you’ve got a nice easy day I store for tomorrow :smiley:

dieseldave:

sinclair89:
Mark said Hi , Dave.

Only classes 2, 3 and 4?
Perfectly possible, but that’s not a common combination.

sinclair89:

The tanker course is pretty straightforward, so you’ve got a nice easy day I store for tomorrow :smiley:

I did my other class exam yesterday. tankers is looking straight forward atm. No erratic driving and typical UK, we have to be different to Europe [emoji38]

Done and done. Now to wait 4 weeks to see if my certificate comes back full [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

Got my ADR cert this morning :slight_smile:

got the following in Tanks and Other than Tanks
4.1 4.2 4.3
5.1 5.2
6.1 6.2

Feels good to have it here. I did core and packages. I’m guessing that if I had of failed them I just wouldn’t have recieved the card?

sinclair89:
Got my ADR cert this morning :slight_smile:

got the following in Tanks and Other than Tanks
4.1 4.2 4.3
5.1 5.2
6.1 6.2

Hi sinclair89,

Congratulations on passing your ADR exams. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

sinclair89:
Feels good to have it here. I did core and packages. I’m guessing that if I had of failed them I just wouldn’t have recieved the card?

It depends on which exam route you took.
It can also depend on which exam(s) you fail.

Sometimes it is possible to fail an exam, but still get an ADR card.
Clearly, such a card wouldn’t be valid for all of the desired objectives though.

dieseldave:
Hi sinclair89,

Congratulations on passing your ADR exams. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

It depends on which exam route you took.
It can also depend on which exam(s) you fail.

Sometimes it is possible to fail an exam, but still get an ADR card.
Clearly, such a card wouldn’t be valid for all of the desired objectives though.

Thanks DD, the exam’s I took where SQA multiple choice questions. All the categories I have gained was all I did category wise. I did multiple choice for the packages and core as well.