Crack on to macon the return

Well sorry for the delay in posting, i new to all this malarky so you might have to bear with me.

Forgot to say it’s worktop btw

Sorry about the poor quality but i dont have a scanner :blush:

I have got loads more if your interested, Spain/Germany/ Snow-sunshine-mountains.

I used to pull a MacAndrews tilt, doing alsorts from Cars from the reliant factory to germany to Tin plate out of Metal Box. Axles from Rubery Owen to spain -Generally fruit back from south or Groupage from Zona Franca - Tiles - cast truck parts from Bilbao-
Tree’s from Horncastle to germany ( to make violin cases ) just generally alsorts.

Cheers Worktop.

Hi worktop welcome to my thread and yes if you have more photo’s then let’s see them :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi Crack on, Im on the case as we type :smiley:

i bet it’s quite funny to see C133 in different colours ?

I was delivering a load of rather large tree’s in a tilt to a violin factory, i stopped about 5k’s outside the village in a Rasthoff for the evening, Beautiful clear evening- went in and had a meal and a few cold one’s ( as you do ) came out and got me head down for the night. Woke up to a scattering of snow, fired the old girl up and let her warm up, i got into the village to tip, well this particular tilt had barn doors so i opened 1 of the doors to take a look before stripping the side out. It was quite cold and the wind was howling through the open rear door whilst i was inside un strapping the tree’s, so i decided to jump down and just push the door shut to keep the wind out. Well the factory sent out a guy to help put the strops around the trees so they could be lifted out ( all good i thought, him 1 end and me the other ) well he was a typical older German guy dressed to go to the north pole. We stropped the first tree and guided it out through the side, Marvellous i thought to myself, i wont be here to long at all !!
Well old Klaus put the strop on for the second tree and got himself clear for the lift, and before i could say nicht he leant against the door that i just pushed shut but never locked. The door opened and poor Klaus was gone and all i heard was the crunching sound of frosty snow as he hit the ground. I shimmied my way along the tree to take a look out through the open door, at which point i started to laugh… and i mean really laugh… poor old Klaus got himself in a right ■■■■ and buggered of back inside the factory and left me to it. Tumour in the humour i think :smiley:

This tilt used to be a 24 pallet, then they welded an extra bay on the arse end to make it a 26 … quite a bit of over hang but looked smart.

keep em coming buddy that’s what we want :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Not the best of pictures jdwtrans but a distant shot of C133 parked behind my old 112 clearing customs in Coslada

ol boys 038.png

Quite on here lately have you all died on me ■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Just noticed I have had over 71,000 hit’s so far not bad for a country boy hahaha :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Not died Bob just run out of photo’s

just spent 3 hours reading this whole Thread and it’s brought back some memories and some old names and faces from the good old days on McKellars.

ken w:
just spent 3 hours reading this whole Thread and it’s brought back some memories and some old names and faces from the good old days on McKellars.

nice one Ken glad you enjoyed it make’s me feel it was worth the effort :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

hi good to see old mckellars at coslada used to work on mckellars myself about 1997 for 1half yrs gr8 job I heard tim from office passed away good days :smiley:

well you will all be pleased to know I am out of hospital and well on the mend, us old driver’s
think we are invincible but we ain’t far from it I have had a nasty scare but will be changing
thing’s from now on the ■■■’s have stopped and I must lose about four stone gonna be tough but have to do it
so wish me luck and I gonna try find some new photo’s to put up :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Glad to hear your well Bob. Find some more pictures cos i have run out!
Let’s get this back on page 1 where it should stay!!!

all the best m8 :smiley: