Coventry Companies

I HAVE A PICTURE OF MY DAD STANDING ON A COLES CRANE AT ROWLEY ROAD LATE 50 EARLY 60 NOT SURE OF THE DATE HIS NAME WAS BOB ALDRED

FREDERICK ALLEN ATKINSON KNEW ITS OWN WAY TO BATHGATE

Evening Gentlemen, whatever happened to Bob Hixon, was it Red Lane? Silver F88s, and well turned out Merriworth 40ft flats. Coventry always seemed to be the Merriworth capital of Great Britain. Cheerio for now.

Saviem:
Evening Gentlemen, whatever happened to Bob Hixon, was it Red Lane? Silver F88s, and well turned out Merriworth 40ft flats. Coventry always seemed to be the Merriworth capital of Great Britain. Cheerio for now.

What year were Mortons taken over by BRS ? Bewick.

Gardner 120:
Any pics of Freddie Allens? Bayton Rd on the badlands between Coventry & Beduth!

PUT SOME ON TODAY

KEITHERIC29:

Gardner 120:
Any pics of Freddie Allens? Bayton Rd on the badlands between Coventry & Beduth!

PUT SOME ON TODAY

WILL PUT SOME MORE ON WATCH MY SPACE

Dennis I think it was around 1968, but they still ran a separate companies for sometime.

Saviem, I don’t know what happened to Bob Hickson, but went to see him on many occasion for a job, but to no avail.
I don’t know what the connection was with Merriworth Trailers, but both Morton’s and Mousley’s used them mainly 40 foot single axle with the axle right on the back, used on tractors out of banner la, also on the Stanpacs that use to go to Harwich a lot, 3 along the bed 2 high, with just a car body inside.

GODDARDS BUS I HAVE BEEN TOLD THE EVENT WAS A FOOTBALL GAME BETWEEN GODDARDS AND FREDERICK ALLEN DRIVERS

Dieseldogsix:
Here is an early Mortons Commer, I spent alot of time in Commers like this with my Dad on Car Delivery.
The Foden is one of Motor Packing Co, when my Dad was on general haulage in the 50’s we would load there, it was opposite the Standard Triumph factory.

I REMEMBER SCHOOL HOLIDAYS IN A COMMER CAB DEL LITTLE FERGY TRACTERS TO SUTHAMPTON DOCKS

C’mon Keith sort some more pics out or I’ll get BFC on to ya!

Barney Rubble RIP - slept 14 hours a day on that old pillow lol!

Gardner 120:
C’mon Keith sort some more pics out or I’ll get BFC on to ya!

Barney Rubble RIP - slept 14 hours a day on that old pillow lol!

still see barny mick ford

He doesn’t arrive in the yard at 4 for a 7 o’clock start and eat 18 bags of cheese n onion!

1974 GUY WITH 220 ■■■■■■■

frederick allen haulage bedworth

more FREDERICK ALLEN

Nice motor George - is there anything left of Freddies now George?

dieseldog6:
Right does anyone have any photo’s or stories of these outfits.
Mortons of Coventry (Mortons BRS)
Brady Transport Coventry
Mousley Trucking, when they were at Siskin Dr
GKN Foundations
Cartransport BRS
Furness and Parker
Progressive Deliveries
Canley Car Deliveries
Motor Packing
Red House Motors
Ellis Greaves

Any body remember another Bayton Rd company called, M.I.D (Mainland Industrial Deliveries-I think) with two tone blue livery??

I drove for McMurdo of Sanquhar and they bought a second hand curtinsider in the early eighties lettered MIDFREIGHT which I believe was Mainland International Deliveries. It was quite a rough old trailer and had seen a bit o service. We used to do quite a bit of scotch traffic back up the road from APPLINS Arthur Applin was a character thought nothing of jumping on the forklift and loading you his self. Eddie.

Gardner 120:

all gone just good memories this picture was at motor panels no5 gate DRIVER BRIAN DYALL HE DROVE FO R BRADY ELLIS GREEVES BERORE ALLENS

Gardner 120:

JRW 977V OFF TO BATHGATE