Convoy in the Park -2017

Rikki-UK:

Freight Dog:
Are there any plans for trucknet social meets/ bashes? These seem a thing of old.

not at the moment but nothing stopping folks organising informal meetings in their area, Some of the lads in the Old Timers forum from the NE have an annual get-together at a local social club

The guy form the North East meet a couple times a year all are welcome it is in the old timer from as Rikki says so nothing stopping you from doing the same sort of thing

You are right that there used to be a trucknet get together every year to raise money fro charity although not had 1 for a while but you could arrange to meet other members at the Donnington show

Theres still no way to buy show truck tickets its just sat sun weekend tickets

divemaster:

Its here btrc.co/show-truck-entry make sure you tick the Donington Park event

Just like Truckfest, pay to show a truck. :unamused:
Stick to the local shows, they realise without vehicles there is no vehicle show for people to pay to enter.

Rikki-UK:

divemaster:

Its here btrc.co/show-truck-entry make sure you tick the Donington Park event

Sorted mate thanks

Muckaway:
Just like Truckfest, pay to show a truck. :unamused:
Stick to the local shows, they realise without vehicles there is no vehicle show for people to pay to enter.

Local shows are great- park up pitch a tent set the BBQ and open a couple beers- some of the best times I have had have been at such gatherings-
But that’s not what we are attempting to do here, the BIG shows have events, arena action,live music - all that costs. I hear that £60 to bring a truck is excessive, well that’s for 2 adults and two kids for a weekend, giving free access to all the action, music films, £7.50 a day including camping per person- I cant think of many other events that offer as much as we propose for £7.50 per person A family of four to see a cover band for 4 hours will pay that! - should we charge at all? we would love not too but simple economics are to provide a decent weekends entertainment would not be covered by the ticket price for the general public alone. the costs of the venue alone is eyewatering let alone all the other associated expenses. If we didn’t ask an entry fee the event simply could not happen. We are trying to do a different show away from the old tired formula that attracts and appeals to the public more than the driver, and make it more driver and truck focused… I don’t know about you but I can spend well over £60 on an evening out and a meal with the wife, for an entire weekend away with entertainment it doesn’t seem that much after all

A family of four with young kids aren’t going to sit and listen to a cover band for four hours though. With all the costs, is there a need for all the bolt-on entertainment though?
When I’ve been to shows I must’ve skipped 3/4 of the “entertainment” and much of the non transport related “attractions” so this is probably why I feel the prices are high.
I still think that charging truck owners is wrong, charge the tat merchants by all means.

How does this compare with vehicle exhibitors entry to Truck racing events? Certainly Brands Hatch puts on an extremely good programme of attractions off track, including what is obviously an extremely expensive November firework display, which costs the public £25 in advance per adult for two days . Last year this was £24 for three days because it was over the Easter weekend. The larger bus events which also attract HGV, have additional entertainment and are free vehicle entry with two complementary tickets - and a check to make sure no-one is hiding upstairs! This charge for exhibiting is a most contentious issue with old vehicle owners and is one reason for the decline in entrant attendance over the last years. Without the entrants you don’t have an event.

If you’re having a classics section, you need an arena commentator in a cloth cap who speaks like Worzel Gummidge and makes up the information as he goes along;
“Nice Foden Alpha, probably a 400 ■■■■■■■ underneath…might be a Caterpillar but only firms who ran plant bought Cats…have you visited the craft tent? Lovely bars of homemade soap for sale and some knitted tea cosys…got the stationary engines up next pumping some water into a bath and then some folk music…”
And truck exhibitors pay towards this nonsense.

Muckaway:

Rikki-UK:
First bands announced to play at Convoy in the Park
truckanddriver.co.uk/big-lorry-b … -the-park/

Never heard of them.

Doesn’t matter whether you have or haven’t I doubt very much you will be going reading all the moanon you do about shows
I’m all booked in truck will be clean polished complete with bling
I will be parking in the scania village

hanson:

Muckaway:

Rikki-UK:
First bands announced to play at Convoy in the Park
truckanddriver.co.uk/big-lorry-b … -the-park/

Never heard of them.

Doesn’t matter whether you have or haven’t I doubt very much you will be going reading all the moanon you do about shows
I’m all booked in truck will be clean polished complete with bling
I will be parking in the scania village

I will do a show or rally or two depends on work and family. I certainly don’t go to shows to listen to music.

Update on the attractions at Convoy in the Park

The Live Music
Festival attractions

AS well as the show and working trucks, Vintage trucks, the Truck Racing of course, Open air cinema and lots of displays and attractions between races.

For those that asked about camping besides their trucks

Can I camp?

If you have booked your truck into the show, there will be space for you to set up camp besides your truck. We will accommodate space for one support vehicle and camping spot next to your truck but please remember that everyone attending will need a ticket. If you have weekend or day tickets, we unfortunately cannot offer camping. There is camping options available nearby at www.parkfarmhouse.co.uk

The bag jump sounds good but come on “Dingle Fingle” some wild west show and the two women from Viz?
Someone is taking the ■■■■ paying for that as entertainment.

And the bands on? plus the arena shows?. Not everyone going to like every act, that’s why there is a variety- the acts are as diverse as the people in our industry- if its not for you then don’t go :slight_smile: - We are trying to do something different here away from the tired format of other large shows.
We have listened to what the people who do attend the larger shows felt they wanted. Time will tell if we got it right this year, But we think it will be a UK Truck Show like no other. Bigger and better

Aside from the bands those “acts” are seen at most steam rallies and country fairs.

I don’t think Muckaway is a fan…

the nodding donkey:

The show is fine it’s what gets deemed entertainment…
When I’ve been to shows there’s always that moment when you see a naff demonstration or entertainment that makes me think “I’m paying for this crap.”
Christ have you seen the two “lady truckers”? I swear it’s Sharan and Tracy from Viz. :laughing:

Muckaway:

the nodding donkey:

The show is fine it’s what gets deemed entertainment…
When I’ve been to shows there’s always that moment when you see a naff demonstration or entertainment that makes me think “I’m paying for this crap.”
Christ have you seen the two “lady truckers”? I swear it’s Sharan and Tracy from Viz. :laughing:

You pays your money, you makes your choice…

I think a gathering of wagons, with silly people singing silly songs, and pretending to be rubber duck is weird. That’s why I’ve never been to a truck show. But I don’t go out of my way to tell people what I think…

Did you once enter a competition, and lose?

Never entered a truck competition, no. I don’t see the point. I keep meaning to enter one of the local shows but taking a truck in working condition. One with no charge to show a vehicle. Free entry then. :smiley:

Yep booked, we’ll be there :sunglasses: