Client Search

Agree with Goaty, based London/ M25 I would be looking at the ferry trailer companies operating out of Tilbury and Purflete as a start.
A few years back per mile rates were better than Portsmouth, but make sure short runs are job rated.
Especially within M25[emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck Lucas, I know the feeling all too well, hope you find some regular work soon. I’m not sure what to say other than keep plugging away. Some great advice above. My situation is slightly different in that I have some ‘own account’ work I suppose, which is busy at times but not very regular so I’ve had to fill in the gaps. Like yourself I struggled to get any work with direct approach. I have been able to use contacts from a previous life to get some good, interesting work but it’s only a couple of loads a month. A few jobs picked up from Shiply etc have led to a few more, often ‘nice little numbers’! My wagon and trailers are maintained by a haulier’s workshop and I sub for them on an ad-hoc basis and have got them out of trouble a few times, in return if I’ve had issues with my unit or needed another trailer they have always sorted me a loan.
A year ago I was wondering WTF I was doing but things got better and I had a great November and December. I’ve not been anywhere this week, eased myself in and done some jobs on my trailers ready for a busy few weeks ahead.

How are things going Lucas??

Have you put the Premium to work yet!!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Hello mate what kind of lorry do you have? Is it a rigid or an artic?

Tempest:
Hello mate what kind of lorry do you have? Is it a rigid or an article?

Think it’s a Premium artic.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Lucas maybe you are a little bit fussy.

Tempest:
Lucas maybe you are a little bit fussy.

An important attribute in haulage tbf