Busy or Quiet?

kr79:

Harry Monk:
Have to buck the trend here, quiet in the east Midlands, I’m getting texts offering me work at £11 per hour PAYE whereas I was working for £12-£13 over the Winter.

One text even said “We can pay £11 per hour to drivers who are XPO assessed”. Yeah, righto then.

When I go back to work in September, post-Brexit and the DCPC, hopefully the haulage industry will have bucked its ideas up a bit. :stuck_out_tongue:

Cpc staying it’s a money spinner

Whom does it benefit - if kept on post-Brexit?

Unusually quiet, according to the blokes who were here at this time last year.
In the last 4 weeks… 3 weeks were 2 days only, 1 week was 3 days, and only 1 week was the full 4 days.
I’v been off for the last 5 days and don’t have a planned shift until day after tomorrow.
So yeah, it’s quiet for me.

Our UK Work is busy. We normally do a few runs out to France & Spain at this time of year, but Brexit has put a stop to those at least for the time being anyway.

whelmic:
Our UK Work is busy. We normally do a few runs out to France & Spain at this time of year, but Brexit has put a stop to those at least for the time being anyway.

How has Brexit put a stop to that? Not having a pop btw, I’m genuinely curious as to how Brexit has affected those runs.

the maoster:

whelmic:

How has Brexit put a stop to that? Not having a pop btw, I’m genuinely curious as to how Brexit has affected those runs.

Don’t wanna put names up on net.
One container unstuffing depot is shrinking. Not a huge one to start with. It has been unstuffing boxes from the USA and sending the contents all over the EU. It will in future only do UK stuff. The EU goods will go from a depot in France. A few warehouse jobs lost. And international loads lost.
Edit and container shunts in the UK lost
Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

PM.ed Maoster

the maoster:

whelmic:

We run low loaders transporting boats and other luxury leisure items such as vehicles and glamping pods. The uncertainty over Brexit has affected our customers confidence, so they are holding back on spending.

There are other container jobs which may easily be affected.
I often take Chinese made goods, from UK unstuffing warehouses into the EU. If these become subject to taxes, or are going to take longer to transport (hence dearer to move), and need extra paperwork etc, then…?
We can work that for ourselves.
No news headlines are likely. It’s not one or two huge plants at risk.

It’s busy.

Must be, I’ve had 3 jobs so far this year.

been ok for me this year on agency work, got cancelled 1 day in feb but now busy so carn’t moan :astonished:

I have noticed past week or so. Seem see a lot of big haulage firms DHL khune nagel with stickers on there back doors drivers wanted call this number.
I seem to.be seeing a lot of these lately on back of wagons

eagerbeaver:
It’s busy.

Must be, I’ve had 3 jobs so far this year.

Does going from 2 to 1 count as a third job? :blush: :blush:

i know my neybour who drives a tug down the docks [felixstowe] has been finished . i thought that was most likely down to his personality [bullsh/tter ] but today i was sat at the station next 1 along and a train went thru heading inland from the docks with hardly any boxes on it. i dont recall seeing that before.
even tho hes unlikeable im gonna check on him as locking yerself away in a basement billet wont do him any good.

I also got a random phone call from an agency iv not been with for two years today. Told me he is expecting a really busy year!

The whirlwind:
I also got a random phone call from an agency iv not been with for two years today. Told me he is expecting a really busy year!

Been getting texts from 2 agencies I haven’t worked for in over 6 months. Same.

Only 3 days booked for me next week…sad times. All shifts to be completed before the B event, too - then it’s only darkness ahead (on my work schedule) :sunglasses:

This is my quietest week since December, low loaders have been out every week day. I did one day of traction in January and not heard from my customer for more until last week, so I guess they are a lot quieter than normal. We move farm machinery and associated vintage stuff.