Brewery Lorries

I took this picture in Mojacar in south east Spain last month, I was there in my capacity as an A.R.S.E.,
an Alcohol Related Scrutineering Executive, to test the quality of the beer, and to make sure the bars
and restaurants were well stocked. This young man is delivering Estrella ■■■■ beers to the Lua beach
bar and restaurant on the Paseo De Meditteraneo from his new Iveco. :sunglasses:
Ray Smyth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A couple from today:

IVECO - BG19AGX - Titanic Brewery, Stoke-on-Trent:

IVECO - FL67NYH - K&N Drinks Logistics:

IVECO - ML19FDK - Cross Bay Brewing Co, Morecambe:

IVECO - FN66FRC - K&N Drinks Logistics:

Another Karrier of the H.G Simonds fleet from Reading, they certainly ran some very varied transport (including horses for local deliveries) until the end. Good beer as well, and then Courage bought them out and you needed courage to drink it… :unamused: Nmp, taken from facebook.

Pete.

Hi Pete, I thought of you when I saw all of that flooding on the television news over
the last few days in Matlock and Doncaster areas. Hope you are all OK, Ray.

Ray Smyth:
Hi Pete, I thought of you when I saw all of that flooding on the television news over
the last few days in Matlock and Doncaster areas. Hope you are all OK, Ray.

Yes Ray, we were actually away at Newark Tractor Show when Matlock flooded. Plenty of water that way as well though, and a 14 mile solid queue from Ollerton to Newark on the A616 when they closed the northbound A1 on friday! We live several hundred feet up on Matlock Bank so if we flood heaven help those below us! :slight_smile: Not good for the ‘Donny’ area though. :cry:

Pete.

Seddon Atkinson lorries of Dorchester Brewery. The Huntsman on the company sign reminds me of
a similar image of Joshua Tetley beers brewed in Leeds. Click on picture for full image.
Dorchester Brewery beers may be Deans favourite tipple :sunglasses: .
Ray Smyth.

Dorchester Brewey.jpg

windrush:
Another Karrier of the H.G Simonds fleet from Reading, they certainly ran some very varied transport (including horses for local deliveries) until the end. Good beer as well, and then Courage bought them out and you needed courage to drink it… :unamused: Nmp, taken from facebook.

Pete.

Thats a cracking looking little motor Pete. Thats got real character unlike all the modern crap. :wink:

Carlsberg. Click on pages twice to read.

A couple more from the H.G Simonds fleet, the David Brown tug is preserved. NMP,

Pete.

Here is a link to the H & G Simonds history site, some good variety of transport on it and I’m old enough to remember most of it around my home town! :blush: They brewed a good pint as well! :wink:

simondsfamily.me.uk/the-brewery … jw9tyhUKBg

Pete.

Alexander bodied Leyland Olympian DB6283 of Kowloon Motor Bus (Hong Kong) - advertising Tsingtao Beer.

The bus was new to KMB in March, 1984.
Chinese brewed Tsingtao (pronounced Ching Dow) bottled beer is widely available in the UK.

Don’t know where, don’t know when, don’t know what make but someone will know, Buzzer.

IVECO - FN66FOV - K&N Drinks Logistics:

My uncle used to pull for whitbread brewery on lady’s bridge in Sheffield a lot of the southern hauliers like aw transport from dunstable owton’s from Luton dods transport avery’s from Leyton buzzard use to load out of there to take loads back down south!(https://uploads.tapatalk-

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

)

Higsons Brewery in Liverpool were a regular user of Albion lorries for many years. NMP.

Alexander bodied Leyland Atlantean - A327GLV - Merseyside PTE - advertising Kronenbourg 1664 lager:

A Scammell Scarab artic of Eldridge Pope brewery in Dorchester, Dorset.
I imagine that DeanB has supped some of their products over the years. :wink: :sunglasses:
Click on picture for fuller image. NMP.

Ray.

windrush:
A couple more from the H.G Simonds fleet, the David Brown tug is preserved. NMP,

Pete.

I’m looking for a photo of the Bass Latil shunter reg EFA 768.any ideas.

DAF CF - HX66OBM - XPO Logistics (Carlsberg):

Scania G450 - ML18ENR - Kuehne + Nagel (Heineken):