Blood, Sweat and Broken China (the Removals thread)

8.Headington to Church Stretton a few weeks ago.

A Gilbert Norris of Bootle, Merseyside Bedford removal van. Picture from Bootle Times Forum.

Ray , that’s a nice old advert , I bet there long gone now , they say they were the best ,and up to date vans too . :smiley:

Looks like there still trading but I cannot find a website , I wonder if they still got the most up to date vans now ? :laughing:

Hi Steve,nothing boring on here you keep posting the pics mate it’s nice to see the truck ,hi mark how’s your mam where you this week

JAKEY:
Hello Mark, :smiley: nice to see your back , was pretty busy this week ,not to bad this coming week too ! any spare days and we be on Robinsons ! they got quite a few import containers coming in ,then delivered out to clients around the uk ,handy sticking 100 ft on the back of the wagon if its already going that way ! or piling the wagon up full and out it goes for the week delivering ! only trouble is with that job is the unpacking and bringing the rubbish back ,although in Abingdon they have a compactor .

How are you for work ? Europe ?

Hi Steve,
Keep them wheels turning mate…the busy period is coming…nice to see you have your brothers MAN up and running…nothing boring about the pics you post Steve keep them coming…last job out I did it was a month ago for France…did a run out to Belfast the week before last…loaded a job for Manchester Monday Tuesday this week but not tipping it until this Wednesday had a problem exchanging contracts…I also tipped an inbound 20ft container Wednesday this week full box…but turned up late so couldn’t complete it on the same day…plenty to unpack and reassemble. …I don’t miss those to be honest.
Nice run up to Scotch I see Steve for the Hoff !

smallcoal:
Hi Steve,nothing boring on here you keep posting the pics mate it’s nice to see the truck ,hi mark how’s your mam where you this week

Hi John …all good mate at the moment with my mam. …been local this week mate…nice to be home for a change…how’s things with you ?

marktaff:

smallcoal:

Hi John …all good mate at the moment with my mam. …been local this week mate…nice to be home for a change…how’s things with you ?

Hi mark,yes all good with us mate that late job was it a container from another depot as I seen it running westbound

Thank you both :smiley: , X2HVJ not being collected until Friday .

John I sent you at PM ref: the book .

Old removal company letter from 1911.

Imagine doing long distance with a traction engine,i like the “distance no object” and the company motto: “keep moving” :laughing:

Click on page twice.

JAKEY:

Really good photo.

Many years ago the then owner, who like me would have been quite young when that photo was taken ( and for the life of me I cannot remember his first name) was on the same residential training course as I was at the Welcome Hotel Stratford on Avon for one week. Round about 1974 if my memory is correct. A great bloke from memory.

My son "HENRY " posing on the back of "the hoffs " motor whilst unloading .

60209342_291678415108238_4022711101517987840_n.jpg

JAKEY:
My son "HENRY " posing on the back of "the hoffs " motor whilst unloading .

You paying him to much :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: we could start our own calender with furniture trucks :laughing:

John , he is a good porter ,young and fast and eager to learn :laughing: bit moody and also gets the hump easy .

JAKEY:
John , he is a good porter ,young and fast and eager to learn :laughing: bit moody and also gets the hump easy .

It’s nice to see him keen not like the waste of space nowadays on their play station all the time ,he got a good teacher with him ,

Maybe if he behaves we going to get my dads old Renault kangoo out of the back of the store .as his van ,been there 5 years now .

Hi lads a good old Bedford ,this out of the book you gave me Steve

smallcoal:
Hi lads a good old Bedford ,this out of the book you gave me Steve

Nice Bedford TK Marsden Luton van

If you would had that TK back in the day ,you would of been ling of the road :laughing: