Blood, Sweat and Broken China (the Removals thread)

smallcoal:
Hi all,these of deans page,mark do you know anything about this Welsh firm move hire,lifestyle were christie Tyler

Hi John,
Move Hire Wales were from Cardiff…had one or two artics besides there furniture vans…the Artics were on contract to Prestiege Upholstery… I don’t think they were anything to do with Chritie Tyler…I remember Lawton Philip’s of Dyfed Removals from Fishguard bought a Merc Marsden Container van off him just before they finished…I remember his name was Gun.

Lyfestyle were from East Moors in Cardiff…nothing to do with Chritie Tyler also…there were part of the Walker Holmes Group…the trucks were lease trucks out of Ryder in Penarth.

Regards Mark

image.jpeg-2.jpg

image.jpeg-3.jpg

Hi lads,how’s it looking work wise we seem to be quieting down as well,Steve did you check that courier exchange site I put on here ,how’s your mam now mark and your nephew Steve

Good morning John,

John I not followed up that lead yet but I did google the number , Monday 4 xenquiries ,1x to Denmark (I passed it on to Robinsons) turned out to be some fishing for prices only) ,1x for Madrid :smiley: ,looked at it Monday afternoon as we had moved them in to the house they are in now, working it out as we speak! ,I done a few more local quotes and one last night after 6pm ,got two to do today ,so a bit better this week so far.

The Daf leaves our yard for the last time on Tuesday ! sold to House to Home in Derby :smiley: :frowning: , new truck should be here mid March ,we have to manage until then :open_mouth: ,the lad who bought it was so chuffed with the Daf ,I know he look after it ,My brother now knows more about the TGL !! he is looking forward to driving /working with it ,Not told him the steering lock is not as good as the Daf yet though !! I keep you informed about that .

My Nephew "young Steven "Ginga " is due back on the 25th, his sprinter is washed/cleaned and polished ready .

Hi mark and Steve,mark my misses found this on port talbot old and new Facebook,the ford was a local removal truck he bought ,me Johnny and a few of us hand painted this

0A900C2E-A6E2-4D23-A975-CBD4A439FBA8.jpeg

Hello John ,that is a big old beast to load :open_mouth: ,no luton and no spoiler :open_mouth: she must of been very juicy .

JAKEY:
Hello John ,that is a big old beast to load :open_mouth: ,no luton and no spoiler :open_mouth: she must of been very juicy .

Hi Steve,that was the local removal job van it didn’t go far it was fun to drive though

smallcoal:
Hi mark and Steve,mark my misses found this on port talbot old and new Facebook,the ford was a local removal truck he bought ,me Johnny and a few of us hand painted this

Hi John,
That’s a blast from the past mate…good old D series …wasn’t that truck converted in to a walk in van John ?

image.jpeg-4.jpg

marktaff:

smallcoal:

Hi John,
That’s a blast from the past mate…good old D series …wasn’t that truck converted in to a walk in van John ?

Hi mark,yes that was the one big drop tailgate and ramp inside it ,big capacity inside it I drove it if neil couldn’t get a driver on a car licence that all I had he never minded me driving them

smallcoal:

marktaff:

smallcoal:

Hi John,

Hi mark,yes that was the one big drop tailgate and ramp inside it ,big capacity inside it I drove it if neil couldn’t get a driver on a car licence that all I had he never minded me driving them

Cracking find that pic John…suprising what pics are about on sites like Facebook.
I bet she would have been a beast to drive fully loaded :smiley:
No power steering not many of the Dseries had power steering under 16 Ton back then… …she looks like a 13 tonner.

marktaff:

smallcoal:

marktaff:

smallcoal:

Hi John,

Cracking find that pic John…suprising what pics are about on sites like Facebook.
I bet she would have been a beast to drive fully loaded :smiley:
No power steering not many of the Dseries had power steering under 16 Ton back then… …she looks like a 13 tonner.

Hi mark,it did have power steering it was quite light on turning I don’t know what tonner she was the truck behind it is a Bedford can’t remember the reg

Hello Mark and John,

Well our DAF LF/45 has now been sold ,we will deliver to its new home to HOUSE TO HOME removals of Derby on Tuesday ,sad day for us but we got the new one coming soon , they were well chuffed with it ,less thean 250,000km on the clock and cared for from the start to the finish.

We will then go to Warrington to look at the new truck ,brother seams happier now but lets see on Tuesday :open_mouth: .

Work seams to be better last and this week ,Tuesday is dead ,so a couple of lads will be polishing the TGM .

JAKEY:
Hello Mark and John,

Well our DAF LF/45 has now been sold ,we will deliver to its new home to HOUSE TO HOME removals of Derby on Tuesday ,sad day for us but we got the new one coming soon , they were well chuffed with it ,less thean 250,000km on the clock and cared for from the start to the finish.

We will then go to Warrington to look at the new truck ,brother seams happier now but lets see on Tuesday :open_mouth: .

Work seams to be better last and this week ,Tuesday is dead ,so a couple of lads will be polishing the TGM .

I bet they were,when you look after a truck people will buy off you again if you ever sold another one ,I’m out tomorrow,Taunton,Exeter,Bodmin,Hayle,penryn,finishing in Plymouth Tuesday then back to yard

Hello John , that is a nice run mate ,is that a regular run for you ?

JAKEY:
Hello John , that is a nice run mate ,is that a regular run for you ?

No it’s only because the pump over down that way is for Monday and Tuesday I can be put anywhere depending on the work it varies day by day

Daf lf/45 10 tonner now sold and working in Derby ,having a repaint on the 4th of March .

New tgl MAN far from completion ! :imp: