Blood, Sweat and Broken China (the Removals thread)

Nice looking Vancraft DAF.

removalsv.PNG

Dean , that DAF looks nice.

HI mark and Steve,mark that was a spooky experience tonight you heading back to yard same as me and a marsden happened to be not far behind you and I passed it on the other side what are the chances of that happening again as I said in text earlier Johnny and your old man watching over us for. That van to be there ,I’m down West Country again tomorrow so don’t know when down area next will let you know mate

smallcoal:
HI mark and Steve,mark that was a spooky experience tonight you heading back to yard same as me and a marsden happened to be not far behind you and I passed it on the other side what are the chances of that happening again as I said in text earlier Johnny and your old man watching over us for. That van to be there ,I’m down West Country again tomorrow so don’t know when down area next will let you know mate

Hi John,
For sure mate :smiley:
You don’t see many of those integrals on the road there days mate…was very suprised to see it to…right for sore eyes…will make sure the CM mags there next time …just let me know when your next in Swansea mate !

DEANB:
Nice looking Vancraft DAF.

Yes nice bit of kit the Vancraft Dean.

Various thro’ the years.
Oily

Removals Transport Pixels cc by 2.0 34429183695_9985c9705d_kTP.jpg

Removals Robert Lamb cc by sa 2.0 4863124_24704795RL.jpg

Removals Robert Lamb cc by sa 2.0 4723528_e3446882 RL.jpg

Great pictures Oily ,love the early Commer ,we had two like that one .

Caudles Removals.

removals caudles.PNG

Seen this wagon and drag this morning what a lovely fleet he got some pics

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

used to work here

From 1969.

removals 69a.PNG

removals 69b.PNG

DEANB:
From 1969.

That looks like something the Italian job should have used,the front is exactly like a coach :slight_smile:

smallcoal:

DEANB:
From 1969.

That looks like something the Italian job should have used,the front is exactly like a coach :slight_smile:

Yes John, built on a coach chassis. Heres another one from 1966. :wink:

removals 66.PNG

Hi mark and Steve ,how’s your week looking we 5drivers down this week so agency coming in so looks like busy week for us will let you know when in west wales next I got the mags in the truck mate :smiley:

Hello john, you know the score at this time of year!!! flat out ,Mark ,do know any one near Lydney ? I need to park/tranship using a forklift ,8 containers on to my motor one container on at a time ,September . thanks

Hi Steve,Lydney ind est loads of factories and units there I think there’s a removal firm there as well there’s 3 estates church lane got 2 ,go over level crossing to roundabout turn right keep following to end of road ind est there as well when are you down there

JAKEY:
Hello john, you know the score at this time of year!!! flat out ,Mark ,do know any one near Lydney ? I need to park/tranship using a forklift ,8 containers on to my motor one container on at a time ,September . thanks

Hi Steve,
The only reputable company around that area I know of Steve is Britannia Herbert Davis…they are based in Gloucester which is about 15 to 20 miles from Lydney…they have all the facilities to move your containers from one vehicle to the other and park your vehicles safely…there used to be Jones in Chepstow but finished a while ago…there are a lot of man and vans in Lydney but not a lot else…there is a Haulage contractor just above Blackney on the A48 but I can’t remember there name but not sure if they would have the fercilities ?

Regards Mark

smallcoal:
Hi mark and Steve ,how’s your week looking we 5drivers down this week so agency coming in so looks like busy week for us will let you know when in west wales next I got the mags in the truck mate :smiley:

Hi John,
No probs mate I’m on holiday this week…I will make sure the CM mags are there on Monday for you mate :smiley:

marktaff:

JAKEY:

Hi Steve,
The only reputable company around that area I know of Steve is Britannia Herbert Davis…they are based in Gloucester which is about 15 to 20 miles from Lydney…they have all the facilities to move your containers from one vehicle to the other and park your vehicles safely…there used to be Jones in Chepstow but finished a while ago…there are a lot of man and vans in Lydney but not a lot else…there is a Haulage contractor just above Blackney on the A48 but I can’t remember there name but not sure if they would have the fercilities ?

Regards Mark

Hi mark you thinking of b Cecil in blakeney green wagons ,wouldn’t it be easier for Steve if he went to caldicot ind est lots of big haulage firms on there and it’s closer than Gloucester

367MPTBedford SB (Passenger chassis) Bedford 330 cu in diesel with body by Marsden’s of Warrington. Registered new 1963 and originally driven by Harry Hawkins, Seen here in about 1963 in Inverness The photograph was taken by a young Eddie Worthington, who was Harry’s porter that day. Eddie kindly not only kept that photo all those years but a year or two ago coloured the van in what had originally been a black & white shot.When MPT was new it was delivered in Grey Primer and as we were extremely busy and it was an additional van it ran for just over a week until my dad could get it in for painting, which he did himself as he had with all our vehicles since the mid 1930;'s brush painting at this time with Dulux Coach Finnish. It was sign written by Temp Newton of Spennymoor who made fame decorating Palaces in Dubai. I remember during a school holiday going out with MPT when it was less than a week old and still in Grey primer, as passenger of course (Too young to drive a car never mind an HGV) and we had to make a delivery to Hoults in Walker Road Newcastle and being very disappointed as we were in disguise with an un-painted van, new and very modern for its day.
MPT had a thirteen year life with us and did over 700,000 miles before it was sold to a new owner for its second life.

367MPT.jpg