Blood, Sweat and Broken China (the Removals thread)

Good morning all , latest photo of the TGL ,hopefully the paintwork will be done in the new year !!! :smiley: ,still looks good though .

2, was a 6am start from Oxford to Birmingham to load about half a load on ,then deliver too St Albans ,Chesham ,Walton on Thames ,bit of a run round back by 7pm though .

Ray Smyth:

marktaff:

Ray Smyth:
A large section of the Cunard Building at the Pier Head in Liverpool was being vacated by I.C.I. Ltd.
John Masons, Colemans, and Pickfords were involved in this major operation. Ray Smyth.

Hi Ray,
That’s a grand looking photo there of Masons…Pickfords and Coleman’s together. …that must have been some move there…anymore info on the move what was involved ?
Would love to know.

Hi Mark, Thank you for your comments. Have a look on " Bootle History Forum ", some great pictures and info on there. Cheers, Ray.

Hi Ray,
Thanks for your reply to…i certainly will take a look on the Bootle Forum.

Many Thanks

Carl Williams:
I hate to think how many van bodies Marsdens built for us from 3.5 ton GVW Transits Bedford CF, and Leyland FGs through to boxvans and Luton vans a hell of a lot integrals through to 40 ft trailers. Here is an advert they put when we opened our new depot on Green Lane Industrial Estate Spennymoor way back in 1973

Hi Carl,
Marsden certainly did build some bodies for WH WILLIAMS having seen many of them…would you still have any cuttings or brochure’s Marsden produced over the years with your vehicles in them Carl.

I do remember the Vanplan Brochure in the late seventies with one of your artics in it…if i remember they built a single axle box tail lift trailer for you ?

JAKEY:
2, was a 6am start from Oxford to Birmingham to load about half a load on ,then deliver too St Albans ,Chesham ,Walton on Thames ,bit of a run round back by 7pm though .

Hi Steve,
Thats a fair round trip mate…that truck looks the the dog’s mate …love those chrome wheels she a fine looking truck.

78778373_2501563553454033_8768404514806956032_n.jpg

Thank you Mark , he did it in 10 hrs driving ,13 hr spread over .

nmp

79307160_10220370465673375_7065947227486683136_n.jpg

oiltreader:
Courtesy of Peter Schöler, impressive outfit.
Oily

Their S series is an unreal machine as well

Seen in Dublin a few months ago

There i was looking on rush green motors website, and came across these, not sure if posted before but thought i will post them anyway for jakey :smiley:

AF62DB87-2232-4B7A-B134-19CBF4B60D4F.jpeg

05AEA9ED-15F3-40D2-897A-0EF5E2EAE3EE.jpeg

Hi lads merry Christmas to you all and your families ,everything back to normal now thanks for your messages very much appreciated ,Steve truck looks smart mate ,1 more day and we finish till the new year :smiley: ,

smallcoal:
Hi lads merry Christmas to you all and your families ,everything back to normal now thanks for your messages very much appreciated ,Steve truck looks smart mate ,1 more day and we finish till the new year :smiley: ,

Good to see you back John ! :smiley: :wink:

Customs checking the seal a good few years ago.

Pickfords in South Africa.(1970)

removals 70d.PNG

A couple of nice photos Dean.

Hello John , nice to see you back , i do hope one day we can meet on a overnight for a drink and chat .

Hello Gentlemen,
I’d like to wish you and your family’s a merry christmas and a happy new year :smiley:

DEANB:

smallcoal:

Good to see you back John ! :smiley: :wink:

Customs checking the seal a good few years ago.

Pickfords in South Africa.(1970)

Thats a beast this Pickfords draw bar Dean.
Just couldn’t amagine that beast on the road here back in the day…

Nice union jack on the back of that truck perfectly straight considering it would of been hand painted on.
Nice pics Dean

removals 70d.PNG.png

Morning chaps, heres another one like the Scammell above. :smiley:

Leyland Beaver.

Click on once.

Having just spent two full days with my van in pouring rain helping my neighbours move I’m just glad that I didn’t choose removals when I went lorry driving! :laughing:

Pete.

Pete, so i cannot offer you a job then ? :laughing:

Here is a couple of photos the cew sent me today , 180 book cartons to a basement self store today from Oxford !!! we had already took 100 book cartons to Cambridge a couple of weeks ago for the clients brother ,all were in the same house .

1. back breaking work John /Mark !!! ? :laughing:

Hi Steve/mark ,I know. how back breaking that is when they knocked down neath hospital we had to move every file and documents we put them in tea chests marked in alphabetical order then take them to Morriston hospital 3 days work 4 of us on it ,bet it’s fun driving in Oxford me and the missus went there for a day seen the parking rates we went somewhere else :laughing: merry Xmas to your families from us ,mark you spoil that baby over Xmas mate ,we will Deffo meet up 1 night :smiley: