Being away and distance

BradCarTransporter:
I must admit, after all the stories you hear in waiting rooms I was expecting more.

Was expecting at least 2 of you to have driven to the moon in one hit.

I’m still here. Boss said loads back don’t pay enough. Since I’m on trip money I’m happy to sit here til he gets a good rate. I did need a break on the way here, I must admit, but then we only use the old roads.

OK? :wink:

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

I did a run to China and back once with a load of concrete. Course I was only away for a fortnight though

Franglais:

BradCarTransporter:
I must admit, after all the stories you hear in waiting rooms I was expecting more.

Was expecting at least 2 of you to have driven to the moon in one hit.

I’m still here. Boss said loads back don’t pay enough. Since I’m on trip money I’m happy to sit here til he gets a good rate. I did need a break on the way here, I must admit, but then we only use the old roads.

OK? :wink:

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

That’s more like it :laughing:

Longest away was probably about 4 1/2 months ( back to back jobs ) but 2-3 months is a regular thing .
Been as far as St. Petersburg and Moscow a couple of times , as well as down to Rabat in Morocco. All good fun :stuck_out_tongue:

Williams9881:
I missed my sons birthday last week on Wednesday. God knows what it’s like for the old boys who tramped in the 90s I couldn’t do it without my iPhone and video calling!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a kid, it never bothered me that my Dad was away on my birthday, always made up for it when he came home and I spent a lot of time in the cab on holidays, so I understood what he did for a living.

Longest I’ve been out in one go was only a week - bit amateur really. :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk:

Olog Hai:
Interesting, thanks. I’ve never seen an Iranian truck in the UK

I’ve seen numerous Iranian trucks clearing customs in Dover.

Mr Albion used to do Iran/Iraq in the 70s - couldn’t tell you how long it took though, it seemed that there was always a major customs delay, a breakdown and rolling down a hillside once in Bulgaria that delayed things :laughing:

toby1234abc:
Ralph Davies and Peter Gilder drivers used to do Kasakstan, and away for months on end, some made it near to the Chinese border, not a RDC tale, then John Mann drivers away in Morocco .
In Italy i Isaw trucks from Jordan and Ukraine .

I read about Ralph Davies motors last year, still have that stunning mk1 FH i believe!!