Automatic vs Manual from 2001 - 2006

The emissions rules coming in makes it uneconomical to buy an older engine.You will be limited in the places you can go.

robroy:

Carryfast:

robroy:
Experience as in 13 speed Fuller you mean.It’s not rocket science to realise that there was no reason why the splitter shouldn’t work on both ranges.So they fixed it what’s not to like now it’s an 18 speed v the I shift’s 12. :confused:

You keep going on about ‘rocket science’ …Where exactly did I say I did not realise, understand or already know(he stresses :unamused: ) what you said??.

Grandmother/■■■■ eggs. :bulb:

So what is it that you’re arguing about.The splitter works on both ranges in the box instead of just the one in the case of the 13 speed.The only question is why didn’t they do that from day 1.
Why do I need to have ‘experience’ of driving it or in fact ‘experience’ of any bleedin thing at all to state that fact.
It’s got 6 more gears to choose from than an I shift.
It has eyes in the form of the driver’s eye balls unlike the I shift.
The employer is already paying for the most powerful computer on the planet in the form of the driver’s brain.
The resulting manual transmission is cheaper to buy and maintain.
The OP rightly says he wants a truck with a manual box not a bleedin auto. :unamused:

switchlogic:
I love this ‘it’s got more gears so it must be better’ approach you’re taking. Where did you learn that? Primary School?

Name the advantages of having less gears than more.
Why was the eco split called ‘eco’.
Why did Eaton/Fuller go to all the trouble of providing an 18 speed upgrade of the 13 speed.
I didn’t just say more gears means better I said a manual box has eyes combined with the human brain, it’s cheaper to buy and maintain, 16/18 gears instead of 12 is a bonus.

Carryfast:

robroy:

Carryfast:

robroy:
Experience as in 13 speed Fuller you mean.It’s not rocket science to realise that there was no reason why the splitter shouldn’t work on both ranges.So they fixed it what’s not to like now it’s an 18 speed v the I shift’s 12. :confused:

You keep going on about ‘rocket science’ …Where exactly did I say I did not realise, understand or already know(he stresses :unamused: ) what you said??.

So what is it that you’re arguing about.The splitter works on both ranges in the box instead of just the one in the case of the 13 speed.The only question is why didn’t they do that from day 1.
Why do I need to have ‘experience’ of driving it or in fact ‘experience’ of any bleedin thing at all to state that fact.
The employer is already paying for the most powerful computer on the planet in the form of the driver’s brain.
The OP rightly says he wants a truck with a manual box not a bleedin auto. :unamused:

Well frankly both 13 and 18 speed Fullers are a bit crap. They just aren’t very good at all frankly, same as those American heaps of junk trucks

Carryfast:

discoman:
You make a case for Australian

1, you ever been to Australia?
2, you ever driven an Australian built KW?
3, you are aware, for £7500 uk you get a 40 year old truck in Australia…

The facts are, European trucks are a better truck than the Aussie kenworths or freightliner etc … easier for maintaining, driving, space etc … maybe do proper due diligence in your google searching prior to thinking you know all…

MAN, Volvo, Scania, Iveco, Isuzu, Fuso, are really good trucks over here, the tippers are all 1980’s models because they are so expensive … and have 2 million k on the clocks.

But, you would know that if you have been here, as for an Eaton fuller road ranger, why would a young driver want to knacker his knees etc driving old tat… days of driving a day can Bedford with a plank of wood and sleeping bag over the engine are long gone.

Why would he want to spend 20 to 30k Sterling getting an old truck over when he can buy one for 9k and get a engine overhaul and good for another 1 million …

Automatics are the future.

Yep I make the case for Australian.The fact that a Euro heap is worth less than £5k when a KW is worth £30k at similar age is a clue.
Auto means only 12 speeds and for all its expensive tech it’s still blind so can’t see the road ahead.Oh and the human brain has 20% more capacity than Yahoo’s 2 Petabyte computer centre.Put a couple of arms and legs and eyes with it operating a simple cheap to maintain and purchase manual box that’s my idea of the future. :unamused:

No, your missing the point, a Volvo of that age is worth 30k old 1980 vans are worth 3k … over priced …

Again, will ask you have you even been in Australia ? …

You beat the drum for a KW… if you want to get a like for like comparisons for price, you need to buy a 1970 kw piece of scrap … plenty of 1980’s scania going for 20k here… not just trucks … look on ebay.com.au or other sites… you will see all old vehicles are over priced…

Cars are worse… a Honda HRV -RS … I purchased for 33k new approx 19k sterling … a 3 year old one … they want 30k … hence the buy new attitude here…

Again your opinion is useless, as you never back it up with facts… like 90t rated trucks… when you can say yup, I have driven in Australia, yup, I have driven an Australian built kw … then I will ignore that pinch of salt.

Carryfast:
Auto means only 12 speeds and for all its expensive tech it’s still blind so can’t see the road ahead.

You sure about that are you?

Carryfast:

robroy:

Carryfast:

robroy:

I ain’t arguing…You are !. :neutral_face:
I was merely stating that I have practical experience of all the stuff you are bizarrely trying to ‘‘teach me’’, so I basically know it. :bulb:

I then questioned you as to what qualified you to try and ‘‘teach me’’ given that you have no practical experience of the subject.
I was giving you a chance to refute that, but evidently you can not, but instead go on to throw even more facts at me that you have presumably googled.

robroy:

Carryfast:
So what is it that you’re arguing about.

I ain’t arguing…You are !. :neutral_face:
I was merely stating that I have practical experience of all the stuff you are bizarrely trying to ‘‘teach me’’, so I basically know it. :bulb:

I then questioned you as to what qualified you to try and ‘‘teach me’’ given that you have no practical experience of the subject.
I was giving you a chance to refute that, but evidently you can not, but instead go on to throw even more facts at me that you have presumably googled.

I’ve got plenty of experience of driving 9/13 speed fullers and other 16 speed manual boxes.
I’m not trying to ‘teach’ ‘you’ anything and I’ve got nothing to learn from you. :confused:
An 18 speed Fuller is obviously better than a 13 speed let alone a blind, stupid, expensive to buy and maintain, 12 speed auto.

Which is why the OP rightly wants a manual. :unamused:

He could do a lot worse than an 18 speed Fuller equipped Australian import in that regard after checking with IVA acceptance first.

discoman:
Again your opinion is useless, as you never back it up with facts… like 90t rated trucks… when you can say yup, I have driven in Australia, yup, I have driven an Australian built kw … then I will ignore that pinch of salt.

Feel free to explain why a 2006 KW is worth £30k while a 2007 Euro heap is worth £5k.Those figures are set in stone fact. :unamused:

Carryfast:
and I’ve got nothing to learn from you. :confused:

And in this short sentence you’ve summed up the biggest problem with your attitude and why it grates on people’s nerves

Carryfast:
Let alone a blind, stupid, expensive to buy and maintain, 12 speed auto.

That ‘blind’ opinion you endlessly trot out shows your lack of any/recent/this century experience in modern* vehicles.

*Modern as in made in past few years rather than what the OP wants.

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

And in this short sentence you’ve summed up the biggest problem with your attitude and why it grates on people’s nerves

It wasn’t ME trying to teach HIM either. :neutral_face:
Hence the grandmother/■■■■ eggs reference.

robroy:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

It wasn’t ME trying to teach HIM either. :neutral_face:
Hence the grandmother/■■■■ eggs reference.

Indeed. But that sort of attitude stinks in my opinion. We all can learn from each other from the day we arrive to the day we leave.

robroy:

wide-load85:
easier just to go for an auto such as Scania 3 pedal Opticruise… that way you have an auto that will shift up and down when you want it to by flicking the r/h stalk forward or back, but will also shift by itself as per revular auto. Or you can put it in manual and override it, easy shifts as an when required.

Don’t they all do that?? :neutral_face:

Just got to remember to press the clutch pedal when coming to a stop, nearly took a security gate out the first time I drove one & that was just trying to get out of the yard.

Carryfast:

discoman:

Feel free to explain why a 2006 KW is worth £30k while a 2007 Euro heap is worth £5k.Those figures are set in stone fact. :unamused:

Well that’s just stupidity on buyers part, paying inflated prices for second rate trucks. They clearly don’t know what’s good for them or how to buy and run trucks. Fools

Carryfast:

discoman:

No, the facts are they are over priced.

Why, well because it’s a simple consumer demand, over here, there is insufficient consumer to force supplies to lower castings…

Furthermore, you are still missing the point, a 2006 kenworth, is not as higher spec as a euro model, if the kw are so good, why are all big organisation, ■■■■ as Woolworths,coles, lo fox, ronfinemore, etc … all going euro… because auto Euro are easier to maintain, get more value for your money … if you pay 30k for a truck in uk you get a darn better year than a 2006 … so compare a 2016 euro to a 2005/06 Kenworth…

But, you have never been to Australia to know that will you.

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

discoman:

Well that’s just stupidity on buyers part, paying inflated prices for second rate trucks. They clearly don’t know what’s good for them or how to buy and run trucks. Fools

What he fails to grasp is, if you spend 5k in Australia, your lucky if you get a 1979 KW, … spend same on uk soil you get a 2006, sleeper etc … however, spend 30k sterling approx 57k aus… you get a 2006 maybe … where as your getting a newer model approx 2015/16 maybe 17 in uk … he won’t accept you can’t get a 2006 kw or a 2006 euro truck in Australia for 5k … if he knows where … please let me know I will buy them now.

discoman:

Carryfast:

Why, well because it’s a simple consumer demand, over here, there is insufficient consumer’ to force supplies to lower castings…

Furthermore, you are still missing the point, a 2006 kenworth, is not as higher spec as a euro model, if the kw are so good, why are all big organisation, ■■■■ as Woolworths,coles, lo fox, ronfinemore, etc … all going euro… because auto Euro are easier to maintain, get more value for your money … if you pay 30k for a truck in uk you get a darn better year than a 2006 … so compare a 2016 euro to a 2005/06 Kenworth…

If only you could speak the Queens English what you actually mean is more consumer demand for 18 speed manual KW’s.As opposed to no demand for economic liability Euro wagons of equivalent age.The maths prove it. :unamused:

Jesus fellas…take a rain check !! As the person who started this thread, no offense but I couldn’t give a monkeys what happens in Australia owing to the fact that I live and work on the oppose side of the planet. My question was about the reliability of European mid 2000 manuals vs automatics … frankly in Australia people can be hauling trailers with hover craft for all I care (again no offense intended) I just want to know what is a cheaper & more reliable solution in UK / France without having to pay for Adblue and without needing a teenager with a laptop to fix it when it goes wrong! All the best P.

Carryfast:

discoman:

Carryfast:

Why, well because it’s a simple consumer demand, over here, there is insufficient consumer’ to force supplies to lower castings…

If only you could speak the Queens English what you actually mean is more consumer demand for 18 speed manual KW’s.As opposed to no demand for economic liability Euro wagons of equivalent age.The maths prove it. :unamused:

Nonsense, the consumers are simply wrong, that’s the long and the short of it. As are you. Just wrong. #Wrong. W. R. O. N. G. & Stupid

Also to note you criticising someone for their English is like you firing a shotgun inside your greenhouse