Another bridge get's hit

xichrisxi:

fingermissing:
why dose the first sign say 15 foot something.The one hiding behind the traffic lights.

That’s for the bridge before,directly above the sign…

Thanks

dailypost.co.uk/news/north- … n=sharebar

Another one here

I guess the first 15’ bridge was to take out the double decker chancers and prevent them from hitting the second bridge? Does beg the question, why could one bridge be much higher than the other for presumably the same railway?

Drivers excuse no doubt was that he was distracted by the round “To Let” sign on the right and didn’t see the height markers. Am trying to remember if even our rigids would go under that bridge and I don’t think they would so not a case of forgot I was driving a decker.

As there is no turn off between the bridges you might as well just sticks signs up from either direction for the lowest height.

alexjohnclarke:
Lorry wedged under railway bridge will be there until at least Sunday - North Wales Live

Another one here

Says the lorry will be wedged til at least Sunday, at least he’ll get a 45 hour in.

trevHCS:
I guess the first 15’ bridge was to take out the double decker chancers and prevent them from hitting the second bridge? Does beg the question, why could one bridge be much higher than the other for presumably the same railway?

Because it’s on a slope.

Two cranes on a Sunday…ouch that’s going to be a pretty penny. Hope flip flop transport has a good insurer. Also has the driver received a large on the spot fine for his stupidity

He was bound to hit that bridge.
All the signs were there…

yourhavingalarf:

biggriffin:

yourhavingalarf:
I’m shocked…

Why didn’t the in cab height indicator that is legal requirement stop this from happening?

Because it’s not connected to the brakes.

You might…

Be onto something there.

PLEAESE NO

I can just imagine them all hooked up like the M6 toll tags, the choas!!

The-Snowman:
He was bound to hit that bridge.
All the signs were there…

:laughing:

ezydriver:

alexjohnclarke:
Lorry wedged under railway bridge will be there until at least Sunday - North Wales Live

Another one here

Says the lorry will be wedged til at least Sunday, at least he’ll get a 45 hour in.

Yep town centre, loads of pubs about , he’s not as thick as we think

mrginge:
As there is no turn off between the bridges you might as well just sticks signs up from either direction for the lowest height.

But there is a junction between the two bridges - with signs directing lorries to use it as an alternative to the second bridge…

earth.app.goo.gl/?apn=com.googl … 054h,0t,0r

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

simcor:

bald bloke:

simcor:
There are no words at all for this.

There is I’ll start it off…Muppet, brain dead, twit, idiot…

There just is no way any half brain person would even attempt that.

There are no words to describe such a retarded person in the dictionary that fit in this case.

I mean how bloody stupid do you have to be??

We will find out in due course, but always remember, without people like this we wouldn’t be superior.

alexjohnclarke:

ezydriver:

alexjohnclarke:

Another one here

Yep town centre, loads of pubs about , he’s not as thick as we think

And free digs.

I’d agree with others in that the signage isn’t adequate. I don’t know how they can expect a lorry driver to notice the bridge is low with all that there. It’s too confusing having a width restriction there along with a height restriction as well. Come on Glasgow council sort it out!

Roymondo:

mrginge:

But there is a junction between the two bridges - with signs directing lorries to use it as an alternative to the second bridge…

The turn off, Salkeld Street, is between a 15 ft 3 bridge and the two bridges with the width restriction. which are next to each other.
It seems pointless showing the two different heights for the bridges hit, why not just the lower height?

Buckstones:

Roymondo:

mrginge:

The turn off, Salkeld Street, is between a 15 ft 3 bridge and the two bridges with the width restriction. which are next to each other.
It seems pointless showing the two different heights for the bridges hit, why not just the lower height?

What a silly suggestion, you want council employees to use initiative, whatever next? Most council’s are simply day centres for the unemployable.

Buckstones:

Roymondo:

mrginge:

Because Salkeld Street is the recommended route for lorries (up to 15’) heading West for the M8, M77 and M84?

Roymondo:

Buckstones:

Roymondo:

mrginge:

Because Salkeld Street is the recommended route for lorries (up to 15’3") heading West for the M8, M77 and M84?

Slightly misleading having that sign there. Salkeld St has a 15ft 0in bridge on it. So if you do happen to take a 15’3” trailer under the first Cook St bridge and turn into Salkeld St, you’re screwed. Nowhere to turn round either.

To get to where he was "Cook St ", he would have come from the A77 Eglington St. Coming down you can’t turn right into Cook St, coming up there is a nice big sign before the lights

google.fr/maps/@55.8496933, … 312!8i6656

If that was me, straight away I would have thought not for me, find another route, then at the lights

google.fr/maps/@55.850411,- … 312!8i6656

Definite NO NO !!!

OK he’s turned into Cook st and sees this

google.fr/maps/@55.8507812, … 312!8i6656

TOTAL RICHARD HEAD for carrying on and hitting the bridge !!!