Andrew wishart kirkcaldy

Jimmy Pirie

Junior Henderson
© Unknown

Jimmy Pirie

On a Friday night until Saturday morning it was normal to get loaded in a warehouse in Porto after a few days of collections in the area known as groupage, there was a AW driver parked up in Porto and for some reason I had to wake him up , maybe to move the truck, the AW driver got out the cab wearing stripped pyjamas, not that there is anything wrong with that .

Tarmaceater:
On a Friday night until Saturday morning it was normal to get loaded in a warehouse in Porto after a few days of collections in the area known as groupage, there was a AW driver parked up in Porto and for some reason I had to wake him up , maybe to move the truck, the AW driver got out the cab wearing stripped pyjamas, not that there is anything wrong with that .

Your point is then ?

480 XF Daf driven by Willie Peat

Jock Mitchell

Im looking for pictures of Andrew Wishart trucks as i used to paint them when i was doing my apprenticeship. They ran Volvo 88s F10s F12s Scania 111s & 113s plus a few Daf 3300s & Mans back then. I have always been a big fan of wisharts lorries and would love to see some old pics of them.

Thanks

VOLVOF16:
Im looking for pictures of Andrew Wishart trucks as i used to paint them when i was doing my apprenticeship. They ran Volvo 88s F10s F12s Scania 111s & 113s plus a few Daf 3300s & Mans back then. I have always been a big fan of wisharts lorries and would love to see some old pics of them.

VOLVO F16
Have just put pic on Long departed Southampton Hauliers thread.
if ya look closely you,ll just see Wisharts Volvo
Pic taken at Spanish border in about 1977

I drove for Andrew Wisharts for a couple of years, getting laid off when they closed down the remaining long distance fleet.

This is the only pic I’ve got on-line, at the moment.
The 124 I drove,

Hi Simon.

Do you remember the guy who drove for Wishart then g an s known as
the destroyer?

Reg Colin :smiley:

simon do you remember a guy called dave w? english fella that used to work for wisharts at one point?

could have been before your time though.

Sorry, neither of those names are familiar.

Hi Simon

His real name was Kevin Coupe and im not sure if he got that nickname at wishart or g&s. Im sure he was born and bred in Kirkaldy :smiley:

Hi F16, It has taken me a bit of time to work out who you were.It came to me after reading your post on Stevensons of Avonbridge. I was your boss for a while until K&L went belly up.Thought you were down Preston way.The last time I seen you I still had the garage at Woodside.Give my regards to old Jim.

That pic wasn’t taken locally Mappo, give us a clue :smiley: .

I was only with Wisharts for their last couple of years, or so, of operating long distance.
I was one of the six drivers on that work, so don’t know any of the guys from earlier, busier days I’m afraid :frowning:

Hi Simon,you,re correct in saying it was,nt local. ( maybe foreign trucks were a clue aye ) :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Was taken at the French / Spanish border at La Junquera in the late 70,s.

I was there for the week-end in my non sleeper ERF when i met the old boy from Wisharts in his flash 88.

He was in his 60,s then if i remember correctly, dont recall his name though.

Regards Tony