A14 Monday 9th

How the new a14 will look.

It’s only the bit that I’ve marked in thick green that is closing permanently, everything else is staying open.

Sent using smoke signals

biggriffin:
Come off at the A1198 junction on the new A14 and go down to the Godmanchester junction on the old A14, it’s only being closed across the bridge near water tower.

Just watch out in case one of Micky George’s boys has left a back of a tipper truck propped up against the A14 bridge

Also the new A14, once on it only has 1 extra exit, that’s at A1198, So when Ol box jockey lays it over, you cannot leave until that slip road.

Basically Brampton hut to Godmanchester, and Girrton interchange to Godmanchester, There’s talk of the Old A14 being de-trunked, and weight limited.But not until the A421/A428 from St-neots to Caxton Gibbit is finished, construction for that starts in 2020, basically all the machinery etc from A14 is moving to this job, and yes M, George had his finger in that job ex

My plan for tackling the new A14 will be the same as my plan for tackling any new bit of road; ignore sat nav and read the handily placed 20 foot high signs and also reading the idiot paint on the road which will surprisingly instruct me as to what lane and what direction I require.

I’ve seen this A14 on the map before now :smiley:

the maoster:
My plan for tackling the new A14 will be the same as my plan for tackling any new bit of road; ignore sat nav and read the handily placed 20 foot high signs and also reading the idiot paint on the road which will surprisingly instruct me as to what lane and what direction I require.

You mean your going to attempt a new stretch of road with out, up to date navigation aids and seeking authority from traffic office, go carefully you reckless man. :laughing:

Punchy Dan:
I’ve seen this A14 on the map before now :smiley:

What’s this map you talk of, is it a new fangled device, does it use witchcraft, and what language is it in :laughing:

Oscar2:
Martin , you will still be able to access Godmanchester in the usual way.

Have seen the new maps now which might make it easier to access where we go in Godmanchester off the new road, that will keep the wife happy that we can still visit the little tea-shop on the way up north :smiley:

the maoster:

Martin:
This is long overdue! But it could mean the end of Alconbury truckstop as there will be much less passing traffic:

Alconbury truckstop ended a good few years ago Martin, it’s been a Maritime depot ever since.

I remembered that as soon as I saw your reply! As I retired in 2006 I guess I can use that as an excuse, brain dead now :laughing:

A few signs have appeared,

This road will be closed 9/12/10 until December 2020. They are at spittals, and Godmanchester.

twitter.com/HighwaysEMIDS/statu … 05920?s=09

biggriffin:
A few signs have appeared,

This road will be closed 9/12/10 until December 2020. They are at spittals, and Godmanchester.

The 1 at the bottom of the slip road from the A1198 at Godmanchester going towards the viaduct says closed from 9/12/19 until 2022.

Sent using smoke signals

That will be until they have built the new road from the old A14 down to Huntingdon ring road by the bus station, but I didn’t think it would take that long. Are you sure it didn’t say 2020?

Oscar2:
That will be until they have built the new road from the old A14 down to Huntingdon ring road by the bus station, but I didn’t think it would take that long. Are you sure it didn’t say 2020?

Nope. It definitely said 2022.

Sent using smoke signals

The new 12 mile stretch of road has saved me 30-40 mins on my e/b journey to Ipswich. But because I’m now early at the delivery point I’ve got to wait an hour before they’ll let me in

There was still a mile + of slow traffic on the old A14 where it passes the shell garage.

Yup. 12.30 accident new Brampton Stretch, were new A14, join A1 nth

biggriffin:
Yup. 12.30 accident new Brampton Stretch, were new A14, join A1 nth

That’s not good for me as I’m finishing my break on the W/B A14 next to the tractor factory and heading back up that way

cambridge-news.co.uk/news/c … n-17385651

11 mile tailback this morning caused by emergency drain work, broken down vehicle, accident and google maps!

Things going well then.

Nite Owl:
Live A14 traffic: 11 mile queues cause hour-long delays near city centre - Cambridgeshire Live

11 mile tailback this morning caused by emergency drain work, broken down vehicle, accident and google maps!

Things going well then.

Huntingdon and Godmanchester are solid, taking 1/2 to 3/4 hour to get onside of town to the other, it’s queuing back from Brampton Hut up new A14 for 3miles… Cluster foook up.