4 minutes over a 15 hour day

De minimis non curat lex.

But if you are in the box charged with a worse offence, the prosecution will ask,
“Can you say that you never break the driving time laws?”

once you reach 15hrs just put your mates card in :laughing: then just crack on :wink:

elsa Lad:
once you reach 15hrs just put your mates card in :laughing: then just crack on :wink:

I thought it was the boss’ card?

Hurryup&wait:
Up to 15 minute is not a problem with the authorities as already pointed out by some as long as you show due respect.

This will require going to the effort of doing a printout and writing down some excuse and certainly not making a regular habit of it.

Attitude and common sense prevails generally but any attempt at fraud as Dozy points out does not go down well at all.

Completely disregard the Born Again Virgins above and enjoy the the bit of humor.

No it will not. There is no requirement to make a printout with written explanation in these circumstances, nor is there any expectation by the authorities (DVSA & Police) that the driver do so as some form of penance or kowtowing. It could even be counter-productive if the excuse given is obviously false (falsification of tachograph records…). The purposes for written entries are clearly stated in the Regs, and this isn’t one of them.

Ok, so taking the o/p at face value, assuming he aint a deliberate and regular ‘‘offender’’…
He’s ■■■■ ed up, he’s gone over 4 minutes.
Do a printout, don’t make it regular …and move on.

Ffs why do people take all this crap so ■■■■ seriously. :unamused:

robroy:
Ok, so taking the o/p at face value, assuming he aint a deliberate and regular ‘‘offender’’…
He’s [zb] ed up, he’s gone over 4 minutes.

Ffs why do people take all this crap so [zb] seriously. :unamused:

Why the printout…? Is it because you are taking it seriously?

the nodding donkey:

elsa Lad:

I thought it was the boss’ card?

Oh yes that’s right and if you get stopped you got to say the photo on the card not a good one of me :laughing:

Roymondo:

robroy:

Ffs why do people take all this crap so [zb] seriously. :unamused:

Why the printout…? Is it because you are taking it seriously?

Very smart answer,…almost.
It would have had more impact if you had asked if I was taking it ‘‘SO ZB’’ seriously (as I said). in which case I would have said ‘‘No I’m keeping it in it’s relevant perspective’’ and not making a song and dance about it.
Hope that clarifies.
:unamused:

But you are making a song and dance about it…

The song being to produce a printout and write a load of guff on it, the dance being to hang on to said printout (and presumably hand in a copy thereof).

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

gbtransp:
There are no rules over your length of working day,you have shortened your minimum daily rest period of 9 hours to 8.56 hours

(Sorry I haven’t been here this week, been a HELLUVA week at work, delivering all the clearance sale stuff.)
AAAnnyway…
Yes, Thank you :slight_smile: this is EXACTLY what I was told when I got The Interview. It’s not the 4 minutes over 15, it the 4 minutes under 9 rest.
AND, I was also told that you can’t take a 9 rest after doing 12, or over, working hours. This true? If that’s the case I’d be 2 hours and 4 minutes under on the rest period :open_mouth: Twice, cos I did a (Legal) 15 the day after too :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Ok, I finished early, just 10 hours today, I have a LARGE Vodka&Tonic on my desk. Let’s get to it…
My last “Infringement” was when I HAD to use slot 2 to do a manual at the end of the day. I could not figure out how to change or, even, which display was mine, tried my best to make sure it was on Hammers when I put my card in. Failed obvs, because I had 2 minutes of POA. That was 3 months back. One before that? Can’t remember, it was so long ago.
No, no printout needed, but I have to write a statement tomorrow morning as to how this came about.

Let me just explain this “Helping them out” thing…you think I did it for free?
After being on the delivery/install routes for so long doing 11-12 hour shifts of hard graft, I was on a different job, trunking. This job is only an 8 hour day and relatively easy, so when I finished in 7.5 hours it felt like I’d done half a day. So I went into the office and offered my services for “Overflow”. Helping the struggling crews out. We’d go and take jobs off em and do them ourselves. This was no altruistic offer by me, I’m on 14.34 an hour and I want to get as many of those hours in that I can. Those 2x15s made me an extra, EXTRA, 200 squids. That’s them, and me, working in harmony :wink:

“Really no excuse to be going over a 15 hour day by even 1 minute unless it’s exceptional circumstances such as stuck in a major accident for hours.”
I wasn’t stuck in any traffic, not held up in any way, just misjudged my clocking out time. Was even having the craic with the debrief crew for 5 mins before clocking out. At The Interview the Manager accepted my explanation as mitigating circumstances and he said that we’re moving on, no harm no foul.

"Given you seem to be willing to go over your hours just because they’re busy I would suspect it isn’t the only infringement you’ve had. The more you have the worse it is and whilst they only go back 28 days on your tacho card it does store more and the operator is required to keep 12 months records.
Them being busy is their tough luck, they should have planned better. You don’t go over your hours."
If I was willing to go over my hours, you think I’d be posting here, you ****. You don’t know me, you have NO idea of my criminal leanings regarding driving hours, did you just assume my criminality?
On my first day I said to the Agency boss “I’m here to do the job but I won’t do anything illegal, no speeding, no bending the rules, no putting it on break and then installing a washing machine”.
He said “Best way, welcome to the firm”

“4 mins over = forget it in regards to DVSA”
Rgr that, thanks :slight_smile:

" or, you could put it down to experience, make a mental note to stop digging the TM’s out of the mire, and move on"
I’m not digging them out of anything, they’re putting money in my pocket. GREAT post :smiley: Def moving on though :slight_smile:

"You must be really worried about it if you posted it
4 minutes is ok, but what you need to do is get a life because if you’re posting it here you don’t have a life, except to help out your boss and suffer the consequences for it and work all the hours they put to you"
Well yes, I was kinda worried, mainly because I don’t want to lose this job, I like it, the money is good, and I keep hella fit.
Good first sentence but you faded after that…
I have a life, I have HAD a life, I’ve travelled the world, done many wondrous things, I’ve played my guitar, and sung, to 2000 people at one gig, nailed Mark Knopflers guitar playing, and singing, style on many of his tunes, and Chris Rea’s, Robbie WIlliams, Tony Hadley, George Micheal, and countless other covers. I’ve also laid a Claymore in a foreign country then forgot where I put it and had to go back for it 2 days later… Watched Turkish paratroopers dropping in for a chat in Cyprus in 74 and gone on I.S duties for 2 months, aged 17. Had a huge tarantula crawl over my face while in an ambush position and not been able to move. Nearly suffocated to death on a diving job in the North Sea, I sometimes wonder how I have got to my age with all my limbs intact. Some of the jobs I’ve done…? YOU would die on on the first day, first hour, first minute, I nearly did, many times. Did I enjoy those jobs? Yep, because I was good at em. I’m older now and things are slowing down, but don’t tell me to “Get a life”. Been there, done that, had one. You?
(Yeah, THIS one really ■■■■■■ me off.)

"I went 6 mins over on a 13/15 , I can’t remember which , I took my card out for those mins & ended up with a £776 fine , a caution from the traffic commissioner & 6 days unpaid as when I renewed my lisense it got sent back to the traffic commissioner
They all said to me , vosa, Dvsa solicitor , company compliance officer why didn’t you just write on a printou
So if you’ve don’t that you should be fine , but I’d not get that attitude it doesn’t matter , I can do what I want , I had 20 years thinking that , then one day it all changed !!"
Holy ■■■■!!!
It’s because …well, you know.
No printout needed for me, apparently, just a snake smooth explanation of mitigating circs.

"A few blemishes of a handful of minutes over on an otherwise clean record really isn’t anything to lose any sleep over at all.

“Office bods/driver trainers will often make a song & dance over any infringements because it doesn’t look good on them or the depots stats. Take no notice.”
Well, they seem to taking it seriously. As not a thing to be glossed over.
I have to do a written statement in the morning as to how this came about. I mean, the Management have agreed that no further action etc, but I still have to do the documentation.

“No it will not. There is no requirement to make a printout with written explanation in these circumstances, nor is there any expectation by the authorities (DVSA & Police) that the driver do so as some form of penance or kowtowing. It could even be counter-productive if the excuse given is obviously false (falsification of tachograph records…). The purposes for written entries are clearly stated in the Regs, and this isn’t one of them.”
Nailed it, Roy dude.

"Ok, so taking the o/p at face value, assuming he aint a deliberate and regular ‘‘offender’’…
Ffs why do people take all this crap so [zb] seriously. :unamused:"
Well, because, as a first time offender, I DO take it seriously and, I’ve been doing my damndest to stay legal, so it worries me. Well, it did, but no more, it’s been “Done and dusted.”
I would like to thank all those who particpated, gave advice, support, or even just a humerous reply, loved those :smiley:

Roymondo:
But you are making a song and dance about it…

The song being to produce a printout and write a load of guff on it, the dance being to hang on to said printout (and presumably hand in a copy thereof).

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Just whatever mate. :neutral_face:
The only way that I would be …making said ‘‘song and dance’’ would be if I could be arsed to argue with you about such a triviality. :unamused:

You’ve already made two comments directly addressing my posts - so yes, I think you can indeed be arsed.

But - whatever…

Roymondo:
You’ve already made two comments directly addressing my posts - so yes, I think you can indeed be arsed.

But - whatever…

Get it right mate with these smart arsed answers ffs.

YOU directly addressed MY posts,.I did you the courtesy of answering you.
No singing, no dancing.
There you go…3 times now.
Anymore to add?.. or should we just knock it on the head. :bulb:

robroy:

Roymondo:

But - whatever…

No singing, no dancing.

No, you haven’t answered the one real question I asked. So yes, it’s probably best to just knock it on the head.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Roymondo:

robroy:

Roymondo:

But - whatever…

No singing, no dancing.

No, you haven’t answered the one real question I asked. So yes, it’s probably best to just knock it on the head.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

:open_mouth:
Ok, I’m presuming your aim is to carry on until you get the last word, so I’ll indulge you. :neutral_face:
The only actual ‘‘question’’ you asked was answered, your other post was a statement of your opinion, not a question :bulb: …, but here goes anyway. :neutral_face:

Yep I would do a printout, if you want to construe that as taking it too serious and/or making a song and dance, that’s your prerogative, I don’t really care tbh.

If I ■■■■ up on a tacho accidentally or inadvertently I do a print out as an arse covering excercise to explain why or how said ■■■■ up occured, I don’t often ■■■■ up, but everytime I have, I have done the said procedure.
Each time I have, I’ve had zero comeback, even after VOSA inspections, so I would rather carry on with said procedure, which has been successful on my part than take any notice of any interpretation of it taken by the likes of yourself.
Does that finally clear it up?

steviespain:

gbtransp:
There are no rules over your length of working day,you have shortened your minimum daily rest period of 9 hours to 8.56 hours

(Sorry I haven’t been here this week, been a HELLUVA week at work, delivering all the clearance sale stuff.)
AAAnnyway…
Yes, Thank you :slight_smile: this is EXACTLY what I was told when I got The Interview. It’s not the 4 minutes over 15, it the 4 minutes under 9 rest.
AND, I was also told that you can’t take a 9 rest after doing 12, or over, working hours. This true? If that’s the case I’d be 2 hours and 4 minutes under on the rest period :open_mouth: Twice,

Thats a new one to me, just remember you work up to a 24 hour day, in the 24 hours must be a daily rest period of either a shortened 9 hours ,a reguler of 11 hours or a split of 3+9 hours.
You can shorten the 24hours,for arguments sake we will say 10 hours work and 9 hours daily rest = 19 hours after the 9 hour daily rest a new 24 hour period starts
Just remember there are 2 max working shift times in a 24 hour period 13 and 15 hours,13 hours work+ 11hours daily rest = 24 hours,or 15 hours work and 9 hours daily rest = 24 hours,or 15 hours work with a 3 hour rest in the 15hours plus 9 hours =24 hours
Remember also a 3+9 is not a reduced daily rest period, this you can do 6 days a week

Thanks gbtransp
That made a lot of sense to me. It wouldn’t have done a year ago, but I have learned so many wondrous things over the past 12 months :open_mouth:

And then you get the opposite…clocked in at 7 a.m. today. Route has changed.
Today is: From Park Royal to Brent Cross (1 cage off, one on)- JL at Oxford St (same plus furniture and white goods)- Peter Jones at Sloane Sq (same)-Park Royal to finish.
Normal day would have included a trip to High Wycombe and Theale (Reading) in the afternoon. Not today.
Was finished by 10:30. Hung around for a bit, had a (subsidised) breakfast at the canteen.
Clocked out at 11.
Guaranteed 8, did 4. £28:70 ph!
Happy days.

Win-Stone:
4 minutes over in a 15 hour day?

Well, as someone said, your children will be sold to Romanian traffickers…

… your wife will also be forced into the ■■■ trade…

… any young boys you have will sold to go down the mines…

… your in-laws will be handed to the Armed Forces to be used as live targets to give our brave soldiers the experience of firing at real people and not just wooden targets…

… your parents will be stripped naked and, after being tarred and feathered, will be forced to walk barefoot the length of the country in shame…

… and all your property – everything — will be sold in order to pay the wages of the prison staff incurred during your incarceration.

Sounds like a Tory crime and punishment ■■■■■■■■■. :laughing:

Rjan:

Win-Stone:
4 minutes over in a 15 hour day?

Well, as someone said, your children will be sold to Romanian traffickers…

… your wife will also be forced into the ■■■ trade…

… any young boys you have will sold to go down the mines…

… your in-laws will be handed to the Armed Forces to be used as live targets to give our brave soldiers the experience of firing at real people and not just wooden targets…

… your parents will be stripped naked and, after being tarred and feathered, will be forced to walk barefoot the length of the country in shame…

… and all your property – everything — will be sold in order to pay the wages of the prison staff incurred during your incarceration.

Sounds like a Tory crime and punishment ■■■■■■■■■. :laughing:

The way some of these guys crap their pants over the slightest misdemeanour on a tacho, you would think that was the actual punishment for it. :unamused:
Still,.at least their fear keeps the ‘‘Compliance manager’’ non job types happy.

IF you clock in or out on arrival or departing your depot and your times don`t match your tacho ,IF the Authorities compare the two, which they can do, then you have a problem