4 minutes over

Just a question.

Has anyone been done for going 4 minutes over a 6 hour stint?

I started at approximately 4:54am and had my first 15 minute at 10:57 (2hr36m driving). When i got back today after my days driving today i was told by the traffic office that i have occurred an infringement on friday. When i asked why it is because i have gone 4 minutes over 4 hours.

what would VOSA do about it?

I also had another infringement before hand for incorrect manual entry on the card so i don’t a print out and wrote on the back of it stating what i had done

God, getting my head around hours along with WTD is doing my nut :smiley: :smiley:

mickyblue:
Just a question.

I started at approximately 4:54am and had my first 15 minute at 10:57 (2hr36m driving). When i got back today after my days driving today i was told by the traffic office that i have occurred an infringement on friday. When i asked why it is because i have gone 4 minutes over 4 hours.

I also had another infringement before hand for incorrect manual entry on the card so i don’t a print out and wrote on the back of it stating what i had done

God, getting my head around hours along with WTD is doing my nut :smiley: :smiley:

Vosa I doubt it, company could use it in the future if there had to get rid of some one

the company is doing its job in policing the RTD and by giving you an infringement for your indiscretion, Vosa would only come in if your company took a blind eye about working time

£10,000 fine 2 years prison and 4 lashes a day for each minute you were over :wink:

Nah, don’t worry about it, you’ll have to get a right prick of a vosa bod to pull your pants down for 4 minutes. Your company will make you sign every infringement just to cover there arse.

mickyblue:

They might point it out to you in a roadside stop, in which case the correct answer is “Yes, I know, I have put systems in place to ensure that it doesn’t happen again”, and they will just wave you on. VOSA are really only concerned with operators who know that laws exist, but think that these laws don’t apply to them.

Since its you, the death penalty :laughing:

4minutes over what? You’ve only worked 5hours :confused:

Harry Monk:
They might point it out to you in a roadside stop

Vosa don’t look or comment about working time at the road side

I was stop for a check at Erith by Vosa and I had a RTD infringement on my card and nothing was said about it, I asked and there say its not in the scansions policy or something like that

just in case, why I was stopped was my number plate was covered in snow, and as you no number plates have to be seen there give me a choice clean it or £30 fine, it was a no brainer

Saaamon:

Looks like 6 to me…

Saaamon:

are you unable to tell the time and do simple arithmetic :question: :slight_smile:
altho later in his post he states he was 4 mins over 4 hrs :smiley:

merc0447:
Since its you, the death penalty :laughing:

My thoughts entirely, you read about it all the time in the newspapers, that and persistant chalkline offenders, Ive yet to meet anyone who has had a conviction for minor infringments, in fact Ive known a few who have ben hauled infront of the commissioners for persistent serious misdemeanors and walked away with a good wrist slap.

I have both gone over by single figure minutes on Driving time and WTD, had to sign the paper to notify me of my errors and not heard anything since,
An issue may arise if it becomes common occurance, other than that dont worry yourself.

mickyblue:
Just a question.

so, which was it?

as far as i can remember, there is no rule about a 4 hour

it is 4 1/2 hour driving or 6 hour working

where does the 4 hour come in?

None of this is about 100% compliance with the law, it’s about showing that you understand that you broke the law, for both employers and drivers.

It’s all about the authorities’ love of paperwork. If you can produce a signed and dated print-out saying, for example, “Driving time exceeded by 45 minutes due to unexpected heavy traffic” then you are in the clear. If your company can produce evidence that they too are aware of the infringement and have taken action about it (by getting you to sign an infringement notice) then they are in the clear too.

Others may have a different experience but VOSA have always been 100% reasonable with me. They have always found something minor wrong, I always tell them that I’m aware of it and that seems to be fine. Passing the “attitude test” seems to be the most important thing.

The simplke answer to the original question is, “No, provided you don’t make a habit of it”. As said elsewhere VOSA are not bothered about the odd few minutes, because contrary to what some think they do recognise that drivers are human, mistakes and unexpected delays can occur; however I’d suggest that if they detected a string of similar excesses they might well start looking closer, both at the driver and the company.

ASDA used to do this all the time. Any infringement, however trivial, and you got to go and see the Tacho office lady to sign a form to say you agree and are aware of the rule you broke. I got a warning because on a rare night out, due to being stuck in traffic, I did not allow over nine hours break, I took nine exactly meaning I did my vehicle checks and admin, new card, in my rest time.

shuttlespanker:

mickyblue:
Just a question.

so, which was it?

as far as i can remember, there is no rule about a 4 hour

it is 4 1/2 hour driving or 6 hour working

where does the 4 hour come in?

sorry typo error on my part, should say 6

I did sign a bit of paper in relation to the infringement and nothing else was said.

I would say don’t buy that Xmas turkey yet - you may be getting yours from her majesty!!

Seriously, if the office staff can’t see what ■■■■ retentives they are being over 4 minutes they should only be allowed to play with play dough and crayons.

The time to start worrying is when your doing 17hrs a day 4 times a week, 12hrs a day driving and grabbing 10min break when you can ! :wink:

green456:

Saaamon:

are you unable to tell the time and do simple arithmetic :question: :slight_smile:
altho later in his post he states he was 4 mins over 4 hrs :smiley:

206doorman:

Saaamon:

Looks like 6 to me…

Lol it also looks like 6 to me now, ■■■■ knows how i got to 5 when i first read it. Anyway wouldnt worry about wtd no one else does.