Courier Companies- Hermes, Fed Ex ,Etc

Anyone had any experience of these types of companies? Courier companies looking for class 1 and 2 drivers, both day and nights.
Hard graft? Good money? Type of shifts?

RogerOut:
Anyone had any experience of these types of companies? Courier companies looking for class 1 and 2 drivers, both day and nights.

I’ve done Hermes and Yodel. Shifts 10-13 hours on average. Money decent on agency, ■■■■■ as an employee (when I was there).
Drop/swaps mainly. Not hard. Days, mids and nights available. Various start times. No load strapping as all box trailers.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Truckulent:

RogerOut:

I’ve done Hermes and Yodel. Shifts 10-13 hours on average. Money decent on agency, [zb] as an employee (when I was there).
Drop/swaps mainly. Not hard. Days, mids and nights available. Various start times. No load strapping as all box trailers.

What’s an average shift involve? Start at dept, get truck then deliver to another depot? The van couriers collect from you do they ?

Idid a very short stint at a dpd depot up the road from me as a warehouse bod. Drivers were expected to help unload the wagons if they said they needed to take a break the wagon was left untouched untill they came back. I only lasted 2 nights.

RogerOut:

Truckulent:

RogerOut:

I’ve done Hermes and Yodel. Shifts 10-13 hours on average. Money decent on agency, [zb] as an employee (when I was there).

What’s an average shift involve? Start at dept, get truck then deliver to another depot? The van couriers collect from you do they ?

It varies. Sometimes just one drop and swap. Sometimes a couple. Meet other drivers to swap trailers or pick up trailers. Depends where you are in the country really.

I was looking at the Maidstone depot.

did you mean the one on parkwood industrial estate or the ones over quarry wood way

Not sure what depot, there’s two In Maidstone?

RogerOut:
Not sure what depot, there’s two In Maidstone?

dhl are at allington and forstal lane… hermes areat quarry wood not sure if there is a fedex at aylesford i know that there was qa tnt there but i belive fedex have taken over and there is dx at parkwood.