Panther Logistics

Anyone ever worked for the above on agency?

Any feedback appreciated. Looking at a couple of night trunks per week. (Class 1)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

If Andy is still in the transport office at Lodge Farm (nights), watch out as he’ll stitch you up like a kipper if something [zb]s up. They’d just got a load of brand new white curtain-siders when I was driving for them and they were wrecked within 6 months because of all the flip-flops they have driving for them and the loaders couldn’t be arsed undoing the straps from the chassis so cut them all off at the roof rail with a stanley knife so you have no way of strapping your load. :unamused:

They do mainly mattresses with some LCD tellies. Dunelm at Stoke was a regular drop and swap as was Silent Night at Barnoldswick and Sealy at Aspatria. If you ever do Sealy from the south, only go J41 then Wigton, then 595 south towards Cockermouth, then turn sharp right at Mealsgate and go through Fletchertown and Watch Hill. A66 is quicker to Keswick, but the 591 is narrow and twisty and it’s quite a bit longer if you go all the way to Cockermouth on the 66.

DCPCFML:
If Andy is still in the transport office at Lodge Farm (nights), watch out as he’ll stitch you up like a kipper if something [zb]s up. They’d just got a load of brand new white curtain-siders when I was driving for them and they were wrecked within 6 months because of all the flip-flops they have driving for them and the loaders couldn’t be arsed underdoing the straps from the chassis so cut them all off at the roof rail with a stanley knife so you have no way of strapping your load. :unamused:

They do mainly mattresses with some LCD tellies. Dunelm at Stoke was a regular drop and swap as was Silent Night at Barnoldswick and Sealy at Aspatria. If you ever do Sealy from the south, only go J41 then Wigton, then 595 south towards Cockermouth, then turn sharp right at Mealsgate and go through Fletchertown and Watch Hill. A66 is quicker to Keswick, but the 591 is narrow and twisty and it’s quite a bit longer if you go all the way to Cockermouth on the 66.

Thanks matey.

I’m looking at working from Normanton and it’s all long trunking stuff - so the agency geezer told me. They sound pretty desperate for drivers and I’m fishing to see if it’s due to the “shortage” - or whether they’re just a bunch of utter ■■■■■!!![emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I’ve done one shift from normanton for them on a Saturday back in 2018.

I took an empty trailer to Dunelm in Stoke and swapped for a load.
Took it to lodge farm in Northampton, dropped and swapped for an empty

And ran empty back to Normanton.
No idea why they didn’t just send a truck from Northampton to be honest.

Heavy-metal-Hodge:
I’ve done one shift from normanton for them on a Saturday back in 2018.

I took an empty trailer to Dunelm in Stoke and swapped for a load.
Took it to lodge farm in Northampton, dropped and swapped for an empty

And ran empty back to Normanton.
No idea why they didn’t just send a truck from Northampton to be honest.

Nothing changed then! They send the Lodge Farm drivers to Silent Night empty to bring a loaded one back to Leeds and then take an empty from Leeds back to Lodge Farm :stuck_out_tongue: . Not done them since they moved from Leeds but I hope the yard is better and not full of craters.

I wonder if that silly old geordie [zb] from Peterlee depot is still working for them (Baz) ? He was about 80 when I was last there. Great bloke to have a laugh with but if he starts any [zb], just remind him about how he tried to take a 14’8 hire trailer under the bridge on the 428 and turned it into a flat deck :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: . He loves it when you drop that one into any conversations, especially if there are any new drivers about :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: . The white Panther ones go under the bridge ok fyi, save you going all the way down to 15A and round the houses.