Sainsburys Stoke on Trent full time jobs

Heads up for anyone looking for permanent work,DHL are recruiting Class 1 drivers…
Class 1 Driver - Sainsburys - Stoke on Trent indeed.co.uk/viewjob?from=ap … 5f0b0daf3b
It’s quite rare for DHL to actively recruit permanent staff nowadays,but there IS a shortage of drivers in the Stoke on Trent area.

ckm1981:
Heads up for anyone looking for permanent work,DHL are recruiting Class 1 drivers…
Class 1 Driver - Sainsburys - Stoke on Trent indeed.co.uk/viewjob?from=ap … 5f0b0daf3b
It’s quite rare for DHL to actively recruit permanent staff nowadays,but there IS a shortage of drivers in the Stoke on Trent area.

Maybe they have woken up to the fact you need to recruit and retain drivers and not rely on agency.

mike68:

ckm1981:

Maybe they have woken up to the fact you need to recruit and retain drivers and not rely on agency.

I think a lot of places are now.

ckm1981:

mike68:

ckm1981:

I think a lot of places are now.

I wish my employer would, no pay rise this year but £560 a shift to spot hire a subby.

ckm1981:
…but there IS a shortage of drivers in the Stoke on Trent area.

Reasonable number of decent-ish jobs in Stoke and Newcastle-u-L is why, although certainly a few years ago when I went down there Sainsbury’s were doing that horrific banked hours thing which saw me back in the car quick-sharp.

How those hauliers in Stoke which have a certain reputation (and there are several of them) go on for attracting drivers if there is a general shortage, I have no idea.

Olog Hai:

ckm1981:

Reasonable number of decent-ish jobs in Stoke and Newcastle-u-L is why, although certainly a few years ago when I went down there Sainsbury’s were doing that horrific banked hours thing which saw me back in the car quick-sharp.

How those hauliers in Stoke which have a certain reputation (and there are several of them) go on for attracting drivers if there is a general shortage, I have no idea.

I believe they are still doing it but any hours you go over is paid to you on a monthly basis so if your running over 48hrs most week you’ll be getting extra cash every month.

ckm1981:

DHL are recruiting permanent drivers on a few contracts in Leicestershire due to the crippling agency costs.

Olog Hai:

ckm1981:

care to name a few as i live in stoke and have done all my life . pm me if you don’t want to post it on here pls ■■

You know as well as I do the less reputable outfits. One on Sneyd Hill estate, another in Sandyford, plus the outfit in Fenton that conveniently forgot to pay its VAT bill for goodness knows how long.

PS. Very sorry to hear that you have lived in the hell that is Stoke all your life.

Olog Hai:
You know as well as I do the less reputable outfits. One on Sneyd Hill estate, another in Sandyford, plus the outfit in Fenton that conveniently forgot to pay its VAT bill for goodness knows how long.

Is the one on Sneyd hill Browns?always advertising for staff but pay seems decent enough.

carryfast-yeti:

ckm1981:

DHL are recruiting permanent drivers on a few contracts in Leicestershire due to the crippling agency costs.

DHL crippled the agencies, and are now suffering due to their very short sighted stupidity :unamused:

There’s nothing wrong with Stoke. I grew up there, folk are the salt of the earth.

PaulNowak:
There’s nothing wrong with Stoke. I grew up there, folk are the salt of the earth.

Ignore Olag hai,he has some sort of issue with Stoke…allegedly used to live here.
I’ve visited pretty much every city in the UK in this job and there ain’t anywhere I’ve seen that I’d relocate to over Stoke,all much of a muchness wherever you go.

ckm1981:

PaulNowak:

Ignore Olag hai,he has some sort of issue with Stoke…allegedly used to live here.
I’ve visited pretty much every city in the UK in this job and there ain’t anywhere I’ve seen that I’d relocate to over Stoke,all much of a muchness wherever you go.

stokes gain if you ask me . :grimacing:

There does seem a lot of ‘romance’ surrounding a few stoke hauliers. Glory days and all that sort of stuff, in my opinion there s quite a few, I worked for two maybe three, one self styled ‘premier league outfit’ that’s not long been liquidated, one International operator that was a bigger cowboy than john wayne. And an operator whose fleet of relics would have the Africans looking the other way. But you question there integrity and you get hauled over by a load of romantics

ckm1981:

PaulNowak:

Oh dear. You have even managed to adopt the Stokie chip on the shoulder which shows itself every time someone slags ‘their’ town off. If you like abandoned relics from post-industrial England, vacant plots, smackheads and people who don’t realise that the mullet hasn’t been in fashion for 35 years then yes, Stoke is great. Normal people see it for what it is: a ■■■■■■■■ full of angry cavemen.

Olog Hai:

ckm1981:

PaulNowak:

Oh dear. You have even managed to adopt the Stokie chip on the shoulder which shows itself every time someone slags ‘their’ town off. If you like abandoned relics from post-industrial England, vacant plots, smackheads and people who don’t realise that the mullet hasn’t been in fashion for 35 years then yes, Stoke is great. Normal people see it for what it is: a [zb] full of angry cavemen.

and that’s just chell heath don’t forget to remind us how bad abbey hulton and the Meir are .im enjoying the lecture please do continue

Olog Hai:

ckm1981:

PaulNowak:

Oh dear. You have even managed to adopt the Stokie chip on the shoulder which shows itself every time someone slags ‘their’ town off. If you like abandoned relics from post-industrial England, vacant plots, smackheads and people who don’t realise that the mullet hasn’t been in fashion for 35 years then yes, Stoke is great. Normal people see it for what it is: a [zb] full of angry cavemen.

No chip on any shoulder here sunshine,sounds to me like you are a bit bitter though…did a Stokie ■■ your wife :smiley:

The women are completely filthy, I’ll give you that.

No bad thing at all [emoji3]

carryfast-yeti:
drivers on a few contracts in Leicestershire due to the crippling agency costs.

I thought it was more cost effective to have agency rather than perm, that’s why most outfits are at it!?

mike68:

Agency is the future[emoji51]