Verbal abuse from MD

To day I could only do a 13hour day or a 9 drive.
The boss or MD knew that I was finished tonight. I had started at 03.40 this morning I had done couple of deliveries and collection along with trailer changes.
It was in the afternoon that I received a text message stating I had a collection to do, before returning to the yard. I pointed out I had 1 hour 50 mins driving or 2 hours 45 working time left and that if I went to the collection I would not make it.
Simple answer from him was I will come and get you if you run out of time .
I gave him plenty of notice that my time was coming to an end. Got parked up, he ignored all my calls until I told him I was leaving the unit parked up and the wife was on the way to collect me, he could collect the keys from my house in the morning.
He informed me that I was a English ■■■■ (he is Scottish), when he dully arrived to get his unit he then told me all drivers are lying bar-stewards ( 3 hours later so it was really a 16 hour shift). No I did not lamp him as I will not lower my standards, where do some of these MDs get off. I also would not run without my card in.
Do I have grounds to take this further and if so with who?

Do you have him calling you an English whatever in a text message? Technically its racist.

Obviously you don’t really care too much about the job so next time just get to the point where you’ve enough time to get back to the yard and just go back to the yard.

I do enjoy the job as no sooner are you up, your going to bed. The other day on a 10 hour drive I completed 470 mile trip. With the area I covered the average of 47.9mph was good going.
When the MD turned up I had my I phone on record where he reiterated that I was a ■■■■ but also said a was [zb].

Nowadays it’s deemed as unreasonable to be subjected to that kind of abuse from anybody, let alone your employer so I imagine you could possibly leave the company and successfully sue for constructive dismissal. I personally would just give it back to him where others would sue. I’m not saying one way is better than the other op, but only you can decide on your next course of action.

Conor:
Do you have him calling you an English whatever in a text message? Technically its racist.

Get a grip.

You have three choices.

Carry on taking the crap. Eventually it will wear you down.

Leave and do him for discrimination and get plenty of dosh.

Turn up for work and face him, knock him on his arse and ask him to treat you with respect in future. Then carry on with your job knowing they won’t push you about anymore.

Try 3 first as 2 is your backup but never number 1.

If the guy called me a [zb] & a [zb], he would be off to A&E to have his ears re-attached.

That’s proper red mist territory to me.

I would just start looking for a new job not putting my time and energy into trying to sue someone for calling me a ■■■■■■■

if he spoke to me like that his keys would be in the nearest drain and I would get my thumb in action :laughing:

Would be dropping the recording and evidence into the nearest police station, regardless of the what has gone on racism is racism he does not deserve to have drivers if that is how he treats them and needs to know that his behaviour is not only unacceptable but also illegal, satisfaction would be gained from smacking him but guarantee he wouldn’t hesitate in running to the police if you did generally the way that bullies work.

Go and see your doctor ,tell them the situation,then ask for a sick paper with “work related stress” on it. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

If it happened again back to the quack. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Don’t put up with ■■■■…life’s to short
:confused: :confused:

■■■■■■■:
If the guy called me a [zb] & a [zb]., he would be off to A&E to have his ears re-attached.

That’s proper red mist territory to me.

Me too
I’d bite a hole in his windpipe and watch the ■■■■■■ choke on his own blood.

dts:
To day I could only do a 13hour day or a 9 drive.
The boss or MD knew that I was finished tonight. I had started at 03.40 this morning I had done couple of deliveries and collection along with trailer changes.
It was in the afternoon that I received a text message stating I had a collection to do, before returning to the yard. I pointed out I had 1 hour 50 mins driving or 2 hours 45 working time left and that if I went to the collection I would not make it.
Simple answer from him was I will come and get you if you run out of time .
I gave him plenty of notice that my time was coming to an end. Got parked up, he ignored all my calls until I told him I was leaving the unit parked up and the wife was on the way to collect me, he could collect the keys from my house in the morning.
He informed me that I was a English [zb] (he is Scottish), when he dully arrived to get his unit he then told me all drivers are lying bar-stewards ( 3 hours later so it was really a 16 hour shift). No I did not lamp him as I will not lower my standards, where do some of these MDs get off. I also would not run without my card in.
Do I have grounds to take this further and if so with who?

see your forehead? Stick it on his nose with a Manchester kiss :grimacing: and say you learnt that in glesga :laughing: then he’ll understand you! :sunglasses:

Why, in this day & age, would anyone put up with this type of intimidation? There isn’t a job or a pay scale I would take if I had to put up with it. Unit would be left somewhere & the keys would get lost in a bush on the way home.

■■■■ him.

BillyHunt:
Why, in this day & age, would anyone put up with this type of intimidation? There isn’t a job or a pay scale I would take if I had to put up with it. Unit would be left somewhere & the keys would get lost in a bush on the way home.

Quite, that is what I thought when I read this thread rather than threats of terrible violence and a date in court. Truck abandoned somewhere near a railway station, train home, search for a new job the following day.

P%% in the diesltank and find another job.The fact that you have posted means that he is getting to you.Your health is more important than the job.

Should have turned around drove back the yard and parkes the wagon right in front of his car. Emptied your cab and gone home.

had it years ago transport manager effin and geffin down the phone tome 1994 was the year i said dont ever speak like that to me again and banged phone down when i went back to the office after a night out i went straight in there he said i apologize nick i was out off order never had any hassle afterwards

Verbal abuse was the least of your problems years ago if you had the misfortune to work for that one legged arse 'ole from Mendlesham :imp: