EN 471 advice needed

I think that I have now completely confused myself with my second thoughts! :laughing:

I have EN 471 Class 2:2 hi vis trousers, and will need to be class 3 for use on dual carriageway and roads at higher speed than 50kph.

Now I know I must wear full sleeved EN 471 class 3 jacket, but are my trousers ok to use as from what I thought class 2 + class 1 items = class 3, but I know it’s a requirement for a class 3 jacket but I’m pretty sure they would not be impressed if that was the only hi vis you wore?!

I can’t seem to find class 3 trousers, but have found class 3 over trousers.

Thanks for any help and advice you can give :smiley:

Think you’ve confused everyone.Let alone yourself.

Right, class 2 jacket + class 1 trousers = class 3, from what I understand anyway.

To work on roads with speeds over 50kph you Must use class 3 full sleeve jacket, but do you need class 3 trousers? Is there such a thing?

Or does class 2 trousers with class 3 jacket make it a class 3 outfit for working on those roads?

Apologies for the confusion :blush:

Can’t help you.I’m a truck driver.Not a road worker.

daftvader:
Can’t help you.I’m a truck driver.Not a road worker.

Snap. It is a trucker forum after all :smiley: but someone might know…

I think its …florescent orange or yellow colour jacket with full sleeves & bright yellow florescent trowsers full length, no bib & braces, or bright yellow flouecent overall with the hi viz stripes on them. There are regulations on label to comply with legislation on the garments. There are material drop, & hi viz width compliances to adhere to.

Tri colour is USA I think.
If your not sure ask at your works !

bonnie lass:
I think its …florescent orange or yellow colour jacket with full sleeves & bright yellow florescent trowsers full length, no bib & braces, or bright yellow flouecent overall with the hi viz stripes on them. There are regulations on label to comply with legislation on the garments. There are material drop, & hi viz width compliances to adhere to.

Tri colour is USA I think.
If your not sure ask at your works !

Thanks Bonnie lass! :smiley: