Digi Tacho Question

Put my digicard in this morning message came up download card 4/8, card is downloaded at end of every week and was again downloaded this morning after message popped up back into truck card inserted same message again so ended up doing print out and manually entering activities for today followed by another print for end of shift. Could this be a fault on card tried in another unit same thing.

As far as I know the card is not smart enough to know if it’s been downloaded so it’s noting to do with that.
Sounds like a faulty card if it’s been tried in two different tachos. Get on to the DVLA and get a replacement for a faulty card. Remember to keep printouts for any work you do and the DVLA will also give you a reference number valid for 15 days to show it’s been reported.

I have filled in form for replacement card due to malfunction and it will be posted off tomorrow, do i need to ring DVLA as well?

Yes just ring them to notify. They’ll give you a reference number you can give to anyone who stops you to prove you’ve reported it and aren’t trying it on.

m1cks:
As far as I know the card is not smart enough to know if it’s been downloaded so it’s noting to do with that.
Sounds like a faulty card if it’s been tried in two different tachos. Get on to the DVLA and get a replacement for a faulty card. Remember to keep printouts for any work you do and the DVLA will also give you a reference number valid for 15 days to show it’s been reported.

they don’t do that anymore I got an automated system that to be honest was ■■■■.
Download the form for replacement card then mark faulty send form off with card ( NO PAYMENT REQUIRED)

gov.uk/government/uploads/s … 300414.pdf

Thanks for the replies, I have just been completing manual prints at both beginning and end of shifts card sent off today.