GUY Big J 8LXB Tractor Unit

Hiya I’ve just had a look at the U tube video. Well are you telling me thats a standard engine with no ballancing or over fueling without waterinjection
and would do more than 2 miles without a rebuild.Some of us have done a bit of motoring and know thats just a way of using lots of Dollars for fun.
If you want to spend $5000 for 3 seconds thats your game.Gardner was building good Diesel engines when yanks was running sidevalve gas engines.
People always respected Gardner engines.the reason people do’nt drag race Gardner engines is after your 5 second drag some daft bugger strips the engine and sticks a new set of pistons back in ready for the next demo.Nowadays there are not many people willing to rebuild a Gardner engine not as they need a rebuild that often.If the rack stuck back on a Gardner it would rev itself till it blew up maybe this what the Detroit dose after every drag.New pistons and heads to me is a rebuild.I’ve driven Bedford two strokes and Gardner 240s and the Gardner will come out on top every time.Iam not saying Detroits are
bad but don’t come up to a 240 standard.
John.