Dangerous goods advice- UK regs and ADR

A new set of UK dangerous goods Regs comes into force on 01/07/09.

It’s much thinner than previously, so that means that the UK is almost fully in line with ADR for UK domestic dangerous goods transport.

The main thing that folks will need to comply with is the ‘new’ four page version of Instructions In Writing (AKA a 'Tremcard.)

The old ‘single substance’ system is now no more, so here’s what’s new:

Key points:

1. When a vehicle carries dangerous goods in excess of the relevant ADR Transport Category limit, the vehicle driver will need to be in possession of this new document.
  2. The responsibility for providing this document now rests with the carrier (vehicle owner.)
  3. The document consists of FOUR PAGES.
  4. The document MUST BE PRINTED IN COLOUR. (So, NO B&W photocopies. :wink: )
  5. The document MUST be in a language that the vehicle driver understands.
  6. Even for international journeys, there is NO REQUIREMENT for foreign language versions as there was before.
  7. For UK use, the document can be printed ‘double-sided’ so only 2 sheets would be needed, but I stress- FOR USE IN THE UK.
  8. FOR INTERNATIONAL JOURNEYS, my advice is to print it on 4 sides of paper.

The main thing that folks will need to comply with is the ‘new’ four page version of Instructions In Writing (AKA a 'Tremcard.)

Key points:

1. When a vehicle carries dangerous goods in excess of the relevant ADR Transport Category limit, the vehicle driver will need to be in possession of this new document.
  2. The responsibility for providing this document now rests with the carrier (vehicle owner,) NOT THE CONSIGNOR as previously
  3. The document consists of FOUR PAGES.
  4. The document MUST BE PRINTED IN COLOUR. (So, NO B&W photocopies. :wink: )
  5. The document MUST be in a language that the vehicle driver understands.
  6. Even for international journeys, there is NO REQUIREMENT for foreign language versions as there was before.
  7. For UK use, the document can be printed ‘double-sided’ so only 2 sheets would be needed, but I stress- FOR USE IN THE UK.
  8. FOR INTERNATIONAL JOURNEYS, my advice is to print it on 4 sides of paper.

The downloadable/printable document (in English) is :arrow_right: HERE

If anybody needs this document in any other language, please PM me a valid email addy and I’ll send it to you as a .pdf file. (Whilst not forgetting to say which language you need. :wink: :grimacing:)
I’ll then send you it as a .pdf file. :smiley:

WARNING: Only the official versions are acceptable, so the four sides must be printed exactly as they are, but it is permissible to add extra info as required for certain dangerous goods on EXTRA sheets of paper.